Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 05:48 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
I know this wasnt directed at me, but I feel I'm being objective.

Mistakes were made by both of them. But at the end of the day I cant feel Zimmerman was wrong for defending himself once attacked.
A great post TK and reflects what I believe many of us feel.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:49 AM

507 posts, read 1,537,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
You know, there was a time in my life when I feared no man. Now I am older and I break easily. This 17 year old "child" could easily kill me without any weapon and I am not ready to die at the hands of a 17 year old "child". He was bigger than me and probably much stronger. His bones aren't brittle and he has reflexes that I no longer have. Whereas I don't know what happened, I can understand being fearful of a 17 year old. I honestly can not say that I would not have also shot him. I wouldn't have followed him, but at the same time, if confronted, I might well have taken the same action against him.
Listen to yourself:

Quote:
I wouldn't have followed him
Zimmerman's stalking and pursuit of a person who was doing absolutely NOTHING wrong or illegal is CENTRAL to this case.

Let's turn it around. What if some unstable 200lb man WITH A GUN was following you, and RAN AFTER YOU??

Old 04-05-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Cool story bro, he was a 6'3 football player and at least 170 according to reports, get your facts straight.
If true, so what bro? Was he any match for ZIMMERMAN'S GUN?!?

Old 04-05-2012, 05:54 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Listen to yourself:

Zimmerman's stalking and pursuit of a person who was doing absolutely NOTHING wrong or illegal is CENTRAL to this case.

Let's turn it around. What if some unstable 200lb man WITH A GUN was following you, and RAN AFTER YOU??
Get the hell out of their and not stop to ask "WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?"....as Winston Churchill said "When in hell-keep moving!"......ZIMMERMANS' little heaven that he was supposedly protecting was actually a little hell....Martin's hell...The kid should have ignored him and kept walking..it would have increased his chances for survival.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:

There is a huge difference between Stalking and following. This case does not fall in the Stalker category and Following someone is not illegal.

Please read Tin Knockers post above. He's on target.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A great post TK and reflects what I believe many of us feel.
BOTH were wrong...if at at least one of them was right - death would have not reared it's ugly head.. As mentioned...both were confrontational to a degree..one should have backed down..and BOTH would have walked away.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
There is a huge difference between Stalking and following. This case does not fall in the Stalker category and Following someone is not illegal.

Please read Tin Knockers post above. He's on target.
No, he is not on target and neither are you Zimmerman's panting pursuit of an innocent citizen and racial slur were caught on tape. Thank God for that.

Zimmerman's arrest is only a matter of time. The jury will hear his "f-ing coon" remark and a hate charge will also be applied to his murder conviction.

Zimmerman will go to prison for a very long time. Rightfully so.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
No, he is not on target and neither are you Zimmerman's panting pursuit of an innocent citizen and racial slur were caught on tape. Thank God for that.
Racial slur ? You've not been paying attention.

His supposedly Racial slur was NBC editing the tape of the Dispatcher asking if the suspect was Black or White. His "Racial Slur" was answering the question of "He looks Black"

Where you been for the last 3 days ? NBC is catching hell for promoting this "Racial Slur " and editing the tape for it to look racial when it was not.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:33 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Racial slur ? You've not been paying attention.

His supposedly Racial slur was NBC editing the tape of the Dispatcher asking if the suspect was Black or White. His "Racial Slur" was answering the question of "He looks Black"

Where you been for the last 3 days ? NBC is catching hell for promoting this "Racial Slur " and editing the tape for it to look racial when it was not.
I think the racial slur is 'f'ing coon.' Whether gz used that term is debateable, but those who absolutely Want this to be a hate crime/ race issue have no doubt that's what gz said.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:48 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Listen to yourself:

Quote:
You don't know this for certain.
From Zimmermans attorney...
Quote:

"The reason that Trayvon Martin is dead is not because he was black, or because he wore a hoodie, or because he was walking in the rain. It's because that 6-foot-3 young man made a terrible decision and a bad judgment when he decided to smack somebody in the face and break their nose, jump on them and smack their head into the ground, and in doing that, put him in reasonable fear for his safety."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies