Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 09:29 AM

835 posts, read 1,040,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You do live in Fantasy Land. (I'm not calling TM a thug)

But Thugs do jump, beat, rape, murder, car jack, stab, rob, etc for absolutely no reason other then they are violent people. It happens everyday
Most crimes are Criminal on Criminal. Random crimes happen but thugs tend to murder, rob, stab, car jack, and be violent with other thugs more.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:33 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Most crimes are Criminal on Criminal. Random crimes happen but thugs tend to murder, rob, stab, car jack, and be violent with other thugs more.
No problem if they keep it in the thug community. It is a problem when it spreads to you and me for absolutely no reason. Most crime is not All Crime.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:40 AM

957 posts, read 757,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
While I disagree that only a few have called TM a thug, I agree with the rest of your message. Both Zimmerman and Martin got in over their heads. Reading the Reuters article posted yesterday really surprised me. I learned for the first time that Zimmerman was in his car, Martin came to the window, Zimmerman rolled down the window, Martin asked if he had a problem, Zimmerman said he did not have a problem with Martin, rolled the window back up, Martin took off and Zimmerman got out of the car and followed him. If that is the case, clearly all the facts are not known. Thanks for your message below.
And where might you have got the information that Zimmerman was in his car & Martin approached him? The 911 call that Zimmerman made doesn't even support this story.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:44 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Democan View Post
[snip]Painting a scenario that just as easily suggests that TM acted in accordance with the SYG statute in attempting to defend himself from someone he would not have known was a block watch volunteer anyway.

Thus the decision not to arrest and detain Zimmerman is questionable at best. Plenty of evidence exists to show that under usual law enforcement procedures, the block watch captain of all people should have known, and had just been reminded minutes before shooting TM, that he acted most inappropriate and should be in jail pending a hearing.
Hypothetically, had tm killed gz, there's a very good chance he'd be justified. GZ followed him, had a gun. We'd have only tm's word for what happened. If cops had found gz dead on the ground, would they have arrested tm ? I don't know. To arrest or even keep him in custody, the cops/DA need probable cause to believe the force used was unlawful.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:45 AM

67 posts, read 36,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
While I disagree that only a few have called TM a thug, I agree with the rest of your message. Both Zimmerman and Martin got in over their heads. Reading the Reuters article posted yesterday really surprised me. I learned for the first time that Zimmerman was in his car, Martin came to the window, Zimmerman rolled down the window, Martin asked if he had a problem, Zimmerman said he did not have a problem with Martin, rolled the window back up, Martin took off and Zimmerman got out of the car and followed him. If that is the case, clearly all the facts are not known. Thanks for your message below.
This still only supports the picture that Zimmerman was initiating provoking behavior that was irritating TM in the first place. I simply don't believe any plausible scenario where TM was looking for trouble and GZ was simply watching him. GZ was the one looking for trouble and seeking to provoke an unknown teen in a hoodie to give him a reason. So many who think Zimmerman's actions were justified just want to forget the 911 op told him to cease following TM just prior. Even arguing that the 911 op has no authority, as though ignoring them was ok? Burglaries in the neighborhood had flared frustrations from residents and GZ wanted to find a way to send a message. The point is GZ should be in jail pending a hearing.

Last edited by Democan; 04-08-2012 at 09:59 AM..

Old 04-08-2012, 09:50 AM

67 posts, read 36,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Hypothetically, had tm killed gz, there's a very good chance he'd be justified. GZ followed him, had a gun. We'd have only tm's word for what happened. If cops had found gz dead on the ground, would they have arrested tm ? I don't know. To arrest or even keep him in custody, the cops/DA need probable cause to believe the force used was unlawful.
What? No probable cause in a murder? If both had guns and missed with their shots in a scrap, they'd both be in jail pending a hearing based on the seriousness of their actions. One was not entering the other's property to establish more obvious justification.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:59 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Oh, you mean the guy that was stalking a 17 year old around after the dispatcher told him not to.
The guy who's neighbors reported him going door to door asking him to be on the look out for black that appear to be outsiders. He obviosluy seen Trayvon was black and thought he would be the perfect victim.

He followed Trayvon and confronted him. Trayvon was only defending himself.
Zimmerman followed him without saying a word.

How would you feel if some strange man was following you around town without saying anything? I doubt you would stop to say "Can I help you?"
He could be a murderer, which he was, or a rapist.
You're 6 or 7 pages behind the rest of us and nothing you've posted is a proven fact.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:00 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
What? No probable cause in a murder? If both had guns and missed with their shots in a scrap, they'd both be in jail pending a hearing based on the seriousness of their actions. One was not entering the other's property to establish more obvious justification.
You've not kept up with the FL. laws, so I'll figure nothing you say has any Legal support.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:03 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
One was threatening the other's safety by attacking and then beating him, that's all the justification Zimmerman needed to defend himself.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:04 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
This still only supports the picture that Zimmerman was initiating provoking behavior that was irritating TM in the first place. I simply don't believe any plausible scenario where TM was looking for trouble and GZ was simply watching him. GZ was the one looking for trouble and seeking to provoke an unknown teen in a hoodie to give him a reason. So many who think Zimmerman's actions were justified just want to forget the 911 op told him to cease following TM just prior. Even arguing that the 911 op has no authority, as though ignoring them was ok? Burglaries in the neighborhood had flared frustrations from residents and GZ wanted to find a way to send a message. The point is GZ should be in jail pending a hearing.
That's quite a tale you've woven there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies