Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 10:30 AM

67 posts, read 36,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Ok I've listen to that a few times... never heard the dispatcher tell anyone to stay where they were, I also haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that Zimmerman confronted Martin.

I believe the girlfriend's story as much as any other 3rd party hearsay that we've gotten from people who didn't actually see anything and have a vested interest in lying.
Lol! The 911 dispatcher clearly asks GZ if he's following TM in the audio. When GZ confirms this the operator says, "We don't need you doing that."
Oh, but he didn't actually say stay where you are or stop it.
LMFAO! And of course anyone who actually saw anything that doesn't agree with your preconceptions is just making it up too. Lol...

Old 04-08-2012, 10:37 AM

67 posts, read 36,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Great argument but having a lack of judgment and not following instructions or even stupidity is not against the law. Any of this is not justification for someone to assault another person physically which is where TM apparently made his fatal mistake..
You just don't get it do you? The point is GZ should be in jail until a hearing to determine what really happened. No evidence suggests GZ was totally within his rights without question and so should walk without any further question or investigation.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:39 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Democan View Post
Lol! The 911 dispatcher clearly asks GZ if he's following TM in the audio. When GZ confirms this the operator says, "We don't need you doing that."
LMFAO! And of course anyone who actually saw anything that doesn't agree with your preconceptions is just making it up too. Lol...
And after the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that", Zimmerman said "ok", and according to Zimmerman's statement he headed back towards his truck. Like I've asked every other talking head in here that keeps repeating their personal beliefs and speculation, do you have any proof, ANY WHATSOEVER, that Zimmerman continued to pursue Trayvon after he said "ok"?

Old 04-08-2012, 10:49 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
You just don't get it do you? The point is GZ should be in jail until a hearing to determine what really happened. No evidence suggests GZ was totally within his rights without question and so should walk without any further question or investigation.
I do get it. It should be left up to law enforcement and the DA's office to determine if there is cause to arrest GZ. There is an investigation going on at this moment in time, they (not you or I) have decided an arrest is not warranted at this time.

I trust the state and FBI is doing a complete investigation. So far it's not shown he should be in jail.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:58 AM

381 posts, read 506,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
No, actually, in his role as a member of the neighborhood watch, he did not have that right. Legally, he may have been able to carry, but he could not have patrolled as a member of the neighborhood watch with a gun.

I have a carry permit, but I can not bring my weapon to work. I can legally have a concealed weapon, but I can be fired for bringing it to my office.

This is why I believe that he was not serving in any official capacity on the neighborhood watch. He was just a vigilante with a gun.

vigilante: One who takes or advocates the taking of law enforcement into one's own hands.
you do realize that there is a big difference between volunteer work and paid work? for one, you have set hours. do you give up your 2nd amendment right because of your job? do you still own a gun? i doubt very much you even own a firearm. ever heard news reports about employees shooting bad guys? not all jobs are gun free zones. trust me, if you CCW to your (gun free zone) work and save the lives of your co-workers or boss, you won't be fired.

neighborhood watch is a voluntary activity. there are no set ours. one cannot say they will go to the store and go back home to put his gun away when he sees suspicious activity. that is not how it works.

it is our civic duty to protect not only our lives and property but also the lives and property of our fellow citizens. if you see a young child being raped by a man, will you sit in your car as the dispatcher orders you or will you stop that event? if you see a kid getting ready to throw a brick into a car window, will you stop him or report the event and listen to the dispatcher's order to wait in your car until police arrives? you already know the kid will be gone by then.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:18 AM

This is very odd....

Those supporting Zimmerman is going by reported evidence. It shows that Zimmerman was on the ground defending himself.

Those supporting Martin are creating a hostile profile of Zimmerman and believe Martin was justified in beating on Zimmerman for being stalked (which doesn't even fall into legal self defense, being stalked is not life threatening).

one is objective, the other subjective.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:26 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
This is very odd....

Those supporting Zimmerman is going by reported evidence. It shows that Zimmerman was on the ground defending himself.

Those supporting Martin are creating a hostile profile of Zimmerman and believe Martin was justified in beating on Zimmerman for being stalked (which doesn't even fall into legal self defense, being stalked is not life threatening).

one is objective, the other subjective.
Those supporting Zimmerman are mostly going by what Zimmerman reported. His being on the ground was a result of his act of stalking which is provocation for the one being stalked to become defensive. Did Zimmerman ever tell Tryvon Martin that he was a neghborhood watch person? Not according to anything Zimmerman has stated. Although he and his camp will likely tweak his story (again) and add that part in.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
the dispatcher is concerned with Zimmerman's safety and he was rightly so. Zimmerman did get attacked for not listening to the dispatcher. it was zimmerman's fault for being attacked, but not his fault for shooting the attacker. it's martin's fault for attacking someone with a gun. there is evidence to prove this.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Those supporting Zimmerman are mostly going by what Zimmerman reported. His being on the ground was a result of his act of stalking which is provocation for the one being stalked to become defensive. Did Zimmerman ever tell Tryvon Martin that he was a neghborhood watch person? Not according to anything Zimmerman has stated. Although he and his camp will likely tweak his story (again) and add that part in.
no, they are going by police report. we didn't hear zimmerman's testimony yet. but we did recently hear about his father's testimony.

stalking is not an act of provocation. hitting someone in the face is provocation. i can legally follow anyone i wish to on public streets and ask them a question.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:33 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
no, they are going by police report. we didn't hear zimmerman's testimony yet. but we did recently hear about his father's testimony.

stalking is not an act of provocation. hitting someone in the face is provocation. i can legally follow anyone i wish to on public streets and ask them a question.
The police were not present when the incident transpired. Other than the 911 calls and a witness that claims to have seen part of the scuffle...they are going by what Zimmerman has told them.

His father was there?
What question did Zimmerman ask Trayvon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies