Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 12:19 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I was arrested for simple assult and was exonerated because it was a lie. Maybe it was with him also, charged with a crime that didn't happen or charges were dropped for some reason.:think:
The charges were reduced, not dropped. Did you see the charges? It wasn't "simple assault" From the official county court records.

RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE (felony)
BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (felony)

Then the charges were reduced to a misdemeanor. I'll agree with they were dropped "for some reason." None of this matters, since they cannot be presented in court unless, for some reason, these records are allowed, which is doubtful. Of course, without an arrest, this whole discussion is of little value, except to debate ideas on a message board.

Sure, I agree you can be completely innocent even if you are charged. I've had my own problems, although minor, with DMV records. However, I've never been in a bar brawl. I'm not condemning Zimmerman, but those of you who are conjuring up an image of the victim as a thug who probably deserved what he got, really should look in the mirror.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
but we did recently hear about his father's testimony.
I guess I missed the trial.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The police were not present when the incident transpired. Other than the 911 calls and a witness that claims to have seen part of the scuffle...they are going by what Zimmerman has told them.

His father was there?
What question did Zimmerman ask Trayvon?
AND his condition (broken nose, bloody, beaten, head gash/welts) AND the eye witness.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:31 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I'm not condemning Zimmerman, but those of you who are conjuring up an image of the victim as a thug who probably deserved what he got, really should look in the mirror.
As far I can tell, there has not been many on here calling TM a thug in the last few weeks. All that crap happened early on but it's pretty well established and recognized he was a young man, 17 yo who did a seriously stupid thing to a person who had a gun on him.

Have you seen some of the recent video's posted on CD in the last few days about the violence in Baltimore, Chicago, Tulsa ? Those shooters or Thugs were fortunate their victims did not have a gun or they might have been shot also.

We are not calling TM a thug. We all as teens made stupid mistakes. I'm surprised I lived with the bad drivingand drinking I did back then.

Trayvon made a very stupid mistake.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:33 PM

67 posts, read 36,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
And after the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that", Zimmerman said "ok", and according to Zimmerman's statement he headed back towards his truck. Like I've asked every other talking head in here that keeps repeating their personal beliefs and speculation, do you have any proof, ANY WHATSOEVER, that Zimmerman continued to pursue Trayvon after he said "ok"?
Too easy. Somehow GZ magically appears at the sight of the scuffle and shooting nowhere near his vehicle he supposedly returns to. The bottom line is Evidence of Zimmerman's history and factors that don't jive suggests his disposition was consistent with someone who's story is questionable.
Like for us all, if we don't like hearing what's being presented, we find a way to deny and rationalize it away. And clearly the decision not to arrest GZ has caused more problems. The point is to determine what really happened and not merely conclude GZ on such short notice considering the known facts involved thus far. Now it will be tougher to get at what really happened because the story has reached the scale of a political and racial football.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:36 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
AND his condition (broken nose, bloody, beaten, head gash/welts) AND the eye witness.
You are privy to the medical records that specifically describe the wounds? You've seen these photos of a "bloody and "beaten" Zimmerman? You've seen the physicians diagnosis of a broken nose? Please share.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Democan View Post
Too easy. Somehow GZ magically appears at the sight of the scuffle and shooting nowhere near his vehicle he supposedly returns to. The bottom line is Evidence of Zimmerman's history and factors that don't jive suggests his disposition was consistent with someone who's story is questionable.
Like for us all, if we don't like hearing what's being presented, we find a way to deny and rationalize it away. And clearly the decision not to arrest GZ has caused more problems. The point is to determine what really happened and not merely conclude GZ on such short notice considering the known facts involved thus far. Now it will be tougher to get at what really happened because the story has reached the scale of a political and racial football.
Ah, if it were only that simple! None of this is admissible and has no bearing on an arrest in this shooting. But, yes, you are right. Self defense seems to have worked for him in the past.

Domestic Abuse: Zimmerman's ex-fiancee files a restraining order saying he hit her. He claims it was self defense and files a restraining order to counter her claims. He said she went after him with a baseball bat. Charges dismissed. Restraining order expires.

Assault on Law Enforcement: He was arrested for punching an officer during a sting operation. The initial report states he was told to stay out of it and was even shown badges, but he yelled "I don't care who the hell you are" and also shouted "F-you" He was arrested and charged with a violent felony on a police officer. He claims he didn't hear the officer and was only defending a friend. Claims self defense. Charges reduced and then dismissed.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:50 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The charges were reduced, not dropped. Did you see the charges? It wasn't "simple assault" From the official county court records.

RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE (felony)
BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (felony)
He pushed an officer. The charges on minor offenses are almost always outrageous to begin with and then reduced.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:53 PM

521 posts, read 860,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
White Hispanic and Latino Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Race and ethnicity are two different things. This isn't a difficult concept.
So you would call someone a "brown hispanic?" Everyone knows race and ethnicity are different things. The context he used it in was to spur racial tensions. If you want to be get technical, the correct term for him would be a "white American." He was born in the United States.

We don't call people with middle european ties (the majority of Americans) "white middle europeans."

Happy Easter.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are privy to the medical records that specifically describe the wounds? You've seen these photos of a "bloody and "beaten" Zimmerman? You've seen the physicians diagnosis of a broken nose? Please share.
Did you hear the attorney compare Zimmerman's injuries with "Shaken Baby Syndrome?" So he's the one crying out in the tape because he has a high, childlike voice, and now his head is being compared to that of an infant?

This is a man who felt a stranger was suspicious, on drugs, up to no good, possibly carrying a weapon, and "I don't know what his deal is" but when this big, bad, dangerous stranger ran away, kept following him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies