Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 03:39 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Nope, I'm not for taking away guns. I'm for people having good sense, both in handling guns, watching out for the neighborhood, and looking at both sides to a discussion.
then we are 100% in agreement.

there was a tragic lack of common sense in this case, for sure.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:41 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,391,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Don't states have laws that criminalize stalking?
Regardless of the 'law', if a grown man hangs out around a grade school for long enough, the cops will get called and will show up, regardless of PC.

Sometimes you can just tell it's going to rain.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:42 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
It does matter if Zimmerman sparked the whole thing up...but what are you going to do? We can't instill intelligence in stupid people...the whole matter sprung not from intelligent thinking but from stupidity...Law enforcement is to enforce laws..Private citizens are not to be enforcers..it looks like both of these unfortunate people "stood their ground" and one died for no good reason...Zimmerman if he was truly concerned...should have called the cops and returned home immediately like an intelligent citizen..but the man was to stupid...to understand law and order and how it is designed and supposed to operate.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:44 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Remember, vociferously defend your opinions fed to you by the MSM.
Do not listen to the 911 tapes or check out the police report. Since those facts did not lead to an arrest, they must be lies. Because what Rev. Jackson and Sharpton say is contradictory. They are honorable men. They have no pecuniary interest nor prominence to gain from their actions. They have no careers dependent upon keeping in front of the parade.
They only care about justice and honesty.
He went looking for a confrontation, and found it. When he started getting his ass beat, he shot the guy.

Sounds legit.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:47 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
Can we agree that Zimmerman didnt use good sense?

Old 04-08-2012, 03:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
So when did the cops tell someone to leave someone alone.

The DISPATCHER said, "We don't need you to do that".

There were NO instructions telling him to leave anyone alone, and no one said ANYTHING about confronting anyone, and this kind of misinformation is ridiculous.

Now I am NOT saying what he did was right, but of you are going to tell someone the bottom line, make sure it is the truth, not the truth as you think it is.
"We don't need you to do that."

Hmmm..I wonder what the hell that could mean?

Old 04-08-2012, 03:54 PM

381 posts, read 506,667 times
Quote:
So, do grown men have the right to follow 7 year old girls around town as long as they don't do anything?
yes they can and you will see zimmerman following that guy to make sure the little girl stays safe. when my daughters were young i kept a good eye on strange guys that stare at them. i also kept a good eye on the other kids to make sure strangers don't follow them around. but by law, i can't beat strangers down just because they are following kids.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:55 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Even if I believed Zimmerman's story I still would find him at fault since he instigated the whole situation. Also I have read the police report and I have seen the footage of him going into the police station (which was the most damaging evidence IMO since if he was getting beat with Trayvon on top of him, it is suspicious that there is no blood at all on Zimmerman's shirt from Trayvon's wound(s). I also listened to the 911 calls and this is the extent of my media coverage of the event other than a few articles I read about it, but I am not one to believe the media or the police since I have personally seen police write false reports, but even if we go by the reports, I would put Zimmerman at fault. I would not consider it homicide in the first degree but I do feel he committed manslaughter and should have been arrested that day and should be in the city/county jail until he posted bail like most suspects who don't have legal connections or lots of money experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiScree View Post
So you would call someone a "brown hispanic?" Everyone knows race and ethnicity are different things. The context he used it in was to spur racial tensions. If you want to be get technical, the correct term for him would be a "white American." He was born in the United States.

We don't call people with middle european ties (the majority of Americans) "white middle europeans."

Happy Easter.

Wanted to point out that there are "Black" hispanics. You should take a look at some racial categories on forms. Hispanics can label themselves as either "White" hispanic or "Black" hispanic. Most label themselves as "white" hispanics at least on the most recent census. I know people from the Dominican Republic who are as dark as or darker than me but they label themselves as "white" hispanics as well. People from Spain or Portugal are considered "white" hispanics as well.

But I don't care what the background of Zimmerman is. I feel he should have been treated like the average suspect and charged with manslaughter, jailed, bailed out at the appropriate time, and face trial in a year or so when all the evidence is in.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:58 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
I think Zimmerman is a piece of human cra* and stalked that kid because he himself is worthless.

A Paranoid dufus with a gun.....He said to the 9-11 operator: "These as*holes..they always get away.."

You can hear Trayvon terrified yelling "Help!" and then bang!! I don't think anyone can forget that...

What a piece of human wa*ste Zimmerman is...

Old 04-08-2012, 03:58 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Don't states have laws that criminalize stalking?
Many do but there is a difference between criminal stalking and following. I believe the magic term for a stalker is "Repeated"

Quote:
The difficulties associated with precisely defining this term (or defining it at all) are well documented.[2]

Pathé and Mullen describe stalking as "a constellation of behaviours in which an individual inflicts upon another repeated unwanted intrusions and communications".[5]
Stalking can be defined as the willful and repeated following, watching and/or harassing of another person. Unlike other crimes, which usually involve one act, stalking is a series of actions that occur over a period of time. Although stalking is illegal, some of the actions that can contribute to stalking are initially legal, such as gathering information, calling someone on the phone, sending gifts, emailing or instant messaging. They become illegal when they breach the legal definition of harassment e.g. an action such as sending a text is not usually illegal, but is illegal when frequently repeated to an unwilling recipient. In fact United Kingdom law states the incident only has to happen twice when the stalker should be aware their behavior is unacceptable e.g. two phone calls to a stranger, two gifts following the victim then phoning them etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies