Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 04:44 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times

Advertisements

No bandage on that nasty wound? Maybe Zimmerman has a case against the paramedics.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:45 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post

when i was in a motorcycle crash, i injured my leg. the paramedics were ready to take me to the hospital but i refused. i had a friend take me home instead and made an appointment to see my doctor later.
Very different situation. Yes, you are correct about refusing to go to a hospital. My sister just totaled her car and declined medical treatment. However, she isn't claiming that someone beat her to a pulp and she almost died which is why Zimmerman claims he had to shoot Martin. She said she felt okay. I wanted to go home too after the accident I mentioned in my earlier post, but they took me to the hospital because I couldn't get up and walk. I was also dizzy, but it could have been from shock and confusion. Guess Zimmerman has a much harder head than normal humans.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:48 PM

381 posts, read 506,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, I agree . I already wrote about the time an ambulance took me to the hospital after an accident. Nobody punched me or banged my head on concrete, but I fell & broke my pelvis when someone ran into me, and the EMTs wanted to make sure I didn't have a head injury from the fall. If Zimmerman said that he had been beaten and his head was repeatedly smashed on the sidewalk, any EMT would be careless to cancel the ambulance (which he did per the EMS tape) because you cannot see internal pressure on the brain. Now his attorney is suddenly bringing up "shaken baby syndrome" as a comparison. An infant or small child can die after being shaken violently. However, even mentioning this makes absolutely no sense because, if Zimmerman felt he was hit so hard that he could possibly have internal brain damage, he wouldn't have refused treatment. As soon as a paramedic hears "I began to lose consciousness" he would want you to get head X-rays or be seen by a doctor as soon as possible. I am not saying he refused treatment, since I wasn't there, but that is what has been reported. Why else would the paramedic on the scene cancel the 2nd ambulance? The police had to believe Zimmerman was well enough to undergo hours of questioning. Zimmerman had to believe he was well enough to go home and not die in his sleep, but his brother said he was just one blow away from being permanently brain damaged.

Only a trial will answer these questions, but there might not be enough evidence to arrest him.
as i mentioned earlier, when i was in a motorcycle accident, i refused to go to the hospital. they are not required by law to take you to the hospital unless you are unconscious or unable to make a competent decision.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:51 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
WHO was it on the 9 11 tape crying out for help? Then as a witness said "stopped" after the sound of a gun shot...was it Zimmerman or Martin? Little stuff like this is important...and has to be examined...Even if Zimmerman is not charged or tried...there must be an inquiry...with all witnesses examined...and Zimmerman speaking on his own behalf...forget the court system...and put the politics aside....why is it so hard to find out if Zimmerman killed Martin ---when he made have had other options?

Old 04-08-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
so you believe that zimmerman was out looking to get into a fight so he can use his firearm?
I think I will stop answering you. I didn't say that at all. It's obvious I meant that he decided not to listen to all the other people, violate every rule he was taught, and do his own thing. That's call being a vigilante. I don't know what was in his mind and I said before that I doubt if he wanted to kill anyone, although I suspect it would have happened eventually, if not on Feb 26. Even the friend who is defending Zimmerman, Frank Taaffe, described him as someone who was simply fed up and wanted to do something. I've posted this before with links.

He said he believes his neighbor acted in self-defense, which is what Zimmerman told police. He conceded, however, that the boiling tensions may have been affecting Zimmerman.

“I think any time you use a weapon, there are certain anger issues working,” Taaffe said. “I think he had fed-up issues. He was mad as hell and wasn’t going to take it anymore.”

...and this is from someone who is defending him!

Old 04-08-2012, 04:58 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
they are not required by law to take you to the hospital unless you are unconscious or unable to make a competent decision.
I guess they automatically take all Democrats to the hospital.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
No bandage on that nasty wound? Maybe Zimmerman has a case against the paramedics.
Even a local Fox station reports

Florida medical chief casts doubt on Zimmerman's 'broken nose' claim (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/florida-medical-chief-casts-doubt-on-zimmerman's-'broken-nose'-claim-040312 - broken link)

Vidor Friedman, the president of the Florida College of Emergency Physicians, said footage of Zimmerman's face didn't appear to show a broken nose, ABC News reported.

"All of the ridges in his nose are clearly defined," he said. "You would expect significant swelling in the hour or two after a break. There appears to be none. It doesn't look like his nose was broken or badly broken."

But then we here from the "experts" on City-Data that "you can have a broken nose for weeks and not even know it!"

Old 04-08-2012, 05:27 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Interesting commentary from a defender of gun rights-

WARRIOR TALK NEWS - Commentary: The Zimmerman - Martin Shooting

This will of course divide everyone into two absolute camps. One, the ”never get involved in anything” crowd will point to this and say “You see…we are right”. The other, the Captain America Defender of the Innocent crowd will say Zimm was right and it was good he did what he did. Like everything, no absolute is right since the world is not made up of absolutes.

I and teach my students that they should seek “distance from disorder” in their lives, and unless something shocks the consciousness of humanity, to mind their own business. Now I will also tell you that there is a vast gulf of difference between a suspicious black kid walking around the neighborhood, and an active shooter killing people in a restaurant. One is none of your personal business and more of a job for the police, the other…if you happen to be there, is in fact your business and your action can save many lives.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:31 PM

381 posts, read 506,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Very different situation. Yes, you are correct about refusing to go to a hospital. My sister just totaled her car and declined medical treatment. However, she isn't claiming that someone beat her to a pulp and she almost died which is why Zimmerman claims he had to shoot Martin. She said she felt okay. I wanted to go home too after the accident I mentioned in my earlier post, but they took me to the hospital because I couldn't get up and walk. I was also dizzy, but it could have been from shock and confusion. Guess Zimmerman has a much harder head than normal humans.
you have to be coherent and competent to refuse medical attention. the point was, even if you have physical injuries, you can still refuse further medical attention. i had physical injuries and refused further medical attention. since it was a motorcycle incident, the paramedics went through a brief head injury questionnaire to see if i was competent. if you were dizzy, then you didn't pass the competency test.

you might be correct about zimmerman having a harder skull. he may have inherited that trait from his peruvian ancestry.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:35 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
WHO was it on the 9 11 tape crying out for help? Then as a witness said "stopped" after the sound of a gun shot...was it Zimmerman or Martin? Little stuff like this is important...and has to be examined...Even if Zimmerman is not charged or tried...there must be an inquiry...with all witnesses examined...and Zimmerman speaking on his own behalf...forget the court system...and put the politics aside....why is it so hard to find out if Zimmerman killed Martin ---when he made have had other options?
i have listened to these tapes several times and i am clueless who is yelling.

The Sanford Herald - Sanford police release 911 calls in Trayvon Martin shooting

logically, i would think if zimmerman was following and planning on killing trayvon (as some have suggested) he had the weapon and the opportunity, why not just do it?

why get into a physical fight then? there is definitely an altercation and definitely screaming in the tape, verified by the callers.

in another bit of ugliness, another media ***** steps forward --in the name of reverend terry jones-- to stage yet another rally.

these people have no shame at all.

Last edited by floridasandy; 04-08-2012 at 05:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies