Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 05:35 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,776,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
RIP, young Trayvon.

You could have very easily been my son. The way you met your end is every Black mother's nightmare. I pray that justice will be served in this case.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/ass...-story-top.jpg
I think justice so far as been served in this case. A 17 year thug attacked a man and he killed him one less scumbag to rob people. If they find facts to show it was not self defense then things will change untill then he did the right thing.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
I think justice so far as been served in this case. A 17 year thug attacked a man and he killed him one less scumbag to rob people. If they find facts to show it was not self defense then things will change untill then he did the right thing.
That's not how it went down.

Trayvon Martin Case: 911 Audio Released Of Teen Shot By Neighborhood Watch Captain (AUDIO)

Old 04-04-2012, 05:41 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post

Another classy guy who insults deceased teenagers. What exactly made him a thug? He was walking back form the store with a bag of skittles and a iced tea in his pocket talking on the phone with his girl friend. He has no criminal record and DID NOT DESERVE to DIE. If Zimmerman minded his own business, he'd still be living. The man that killed him (who has been arrested for violent acts 3 times, by the way) decided to follow him, he did nothing to deserve this.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:58 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Another classy guy who insults deceased teenagers. What exactly made him a thug? He was walking back form the store with a bag of skittles and a iced tea in his pocket talking on the phone with his girl friend. He has no criminal record and DID NOT DESERVE to DIE. If Zimmerman minded his own business, he'd still be living. The man that killed him (who has been arrested for violent acts 3 times, by the way) decided to follow him, he did nothing to deserve this.
Apparently the fact tht he was black is what made him a thug
[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-04-2012 at 07:19 PM..

Old 04-04-2012, 06:04 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,556,080 times
There was an interesting interview on Charlie Rose today. The guest is a historian who has written a book on violence.. he addressed it from a global prospective.

The one comment that turned my head was that in the American south there is a culture of 'honor' which precipitates violence over perceived insults. I wonder if this incident is not a reflection of this culture.

My perception of Zimmerman is that of a man who wishes to control and a challenge to that would be an insult to his honor. Race may not have been an issue unless his status was questioned, particularly by a younger person. Questioning status = threat to life.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:08 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
There was an interesting interview on Charlie Rose today. The guest is a historian who has written a book on violence.. he addressed it from a global prospective.

The one comment that turned my head was that in the American south there is a culture of 'honor' which precipitates violence over perceived insults. I wonder if this incident is not a reflection of this culture.

My perception of Zimmerman is that of a man who wishes to control and a challenge to that would be an insult to his honor. Race may not have been an issue unless his status was questioned, particularly by a younger person. Questioning status = threat to life.
That image of the south should have died with Mark Twain. I do agree with your assessment of Zimmerman though. Power tripping 'neighborhood watch' "hero".

Old 04-04-2012, 06:14 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
There is no Zimmerman Martin Case, no one has been arrested so the truth has not been served.
Let's have a Zimmerman Martin Case in Court

Old 04-04-2012, 06:29 PM

17,371 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The bolded is not true.

Check your facts.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:34 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,776,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
There is no Zimmerman Martin Case, no one has been arrested so the truth has not been served.
Let's have a Zimmerman Martin Case in Court
You can only arrest someone if you have probable cause it's still America your innocent untill proven guilty.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:46 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,411,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post

I dissagree. While he did initially start to pursue him he quite clearly tells the 911 operator that he lost sight of him & is going to wait for police He is talking for a bit after he loses sight of Trayvon & couldnt very well do that if he were chasing him down. IMO sometime after that & before the police got there the young man jumped Zimmerman & the rest is history. Everything isnt a huge conspiracy & sometimes young people do stupid things, expecting everyone to be helpless is one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies