Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 12:03 PM

381 posts, read 508,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
HE DIDN'T ASK HIM A QUESTION. He followed Trayvon sneakily, and didn't ask why he was there until Martin confronted him.
LoL, i don't see zimmerman hiding behind corners while stalking trayvon...

Quote:
The proper way for that situation to have been handled would have been for Zimmerman to politely approach the young man, from the start, and ask if he was okay or if he was lost.
This i agree with. Being polite and respectful is the key to avoid a fight.

Quote:
They could've both gone on with their night, if Zimm. would have been a man about his. Why he didn't do that is a question that I'm still waiting to hear the answer from, from you GZ supporters. If he was armed, what did he have to fear in simply approaching the young man in a humane way?
there is no question if he was armed, i doubt that zimmerman didn't expect to be assaulted (regardless of him being armed). both parties reacted badly, one suffered injuries, the other dead. a gun was used to stop further injuries. we don't know who started the fight, but we do know who was injured and who was shot.

Quote:
Y'all can make all the excuses you want for this jackass, but he was a FOOL. Period. And I don't doubt that something else happened that night that he isn't being honest about.
they were both fools, one for not being polite, the other for being violent. the evidence speaks for itself. draw your own conclusion.

Quote:
Since you have no idea about where I live, "you don't have no" clue what my incentives might be.
all i know is that you are a gun-hater (which comes with prejudices). fine with me...

Old 04-09-2012, 12:09 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,036,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
Yah I agree. It's not like they paid him - it was a volunteer thing. So there's not employer responsibility (I think). And he wasn't on "official" duty - he was making a run to the store.
I don't even know how they would pull that off. What are they going to allege, that the HOA was somehow negligent? Like you said, he was not only a volunteer, but he wasn't even offcially on "duty" of any sort--everything that happened that evening was due to the course of his own actions. Then on top of that, a criminal prosecutor couldn't even get an arrest, let alone an indictment or a charge for a shooting that Zimmerman claims that he was excercising "self defense" and stand your ground on.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,588,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
This i agree with. Being polite and respectful is the key to avoid a fight.
Also another good way to avoid fights is not stalking people just trying to walk home and imagining you're some sort of neighborhood vigilante walking around with a gun...

Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,364,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Yeah I read about the HOA suite that they are looking at, which I think is wrong. In my opinion it is a very long reach, but doable. Suing the HOA neighborhood watch program is sort of like suing the pool company because someone drowned in your backyard.
The police dept should be involved in a civil suit for at least gross misconduct or (reaching) obstruction of justice. there is no way in hell that people are going to let this completely die down because some over zealous slob killed an unarmed teen that stood his ground and fought back a stalker with a gun

Old 04-09-2012, 12:14 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
LoL, i don't see zimmerman hiding behind corners while stalking trayvon...
You've got to put down that crystal ball!

Old 04-09-2012, 12:14 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,166,774 times
Special prosecutor will not sit a grand jury. Interesting...

Old 04-09-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL. I posted nearly a month ago that the community had fallen on hard times due to the foreclosure crisis. One resident said homeowners were forced to rent to "gangsters and lowlives".
That being the case why did'nt zimmerman go after one of them? Possibly because they have guns as well

Old 04-09-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
People just need to prepare for the crap hitting the fan if they announce that Zimmerman won't be charged. Stupid racists are going to be looking for innocent whites, who had nothing at all to do with this incident, and get their "justice".
...And the white supremist are going to be attacking blacks under the premise that they are protecting other whites. I wonder how many people aare going to claim stand your ground as a reason to kill people.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:19 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,295,617 times
Or wrap the Crystal Ball in tinfoil!

Old 04-09-2012, 12:19 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,166,774 times
Updates

Trayvon phone records show that he was on the phone from 7:12 to 7:16 he was dead by the time police arrived at 7:17

Huffington Post has a story on the general shoddy police work of the Sanford Police Department involving many of the same officers involved in the Martin shooting.

Trayvon Martin Case Spotlights Florida Town's History Of 'Sloppy' Police Work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies