Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 06:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obviously there is nothing wrong with Mexico's climate, beaches, it's sun, it's vast resources --- yet many millions of Mexicans are fleeing the place.

That's what you need to consider, there is nothing wrong with the land and so on, it's the culture of breeding babies after babies when one has no way to provide for them and the corruption -- not of the land but of the culture itself.

What's the point in fleeing your country and it's culture if you choose to cling to it, refusing to ever learn even a word of the language of this country and adapt to our ways?
Nonsense. "Our ways?" What ways are those?

Mexicans overwhelmingly learn the language and adapt to our ways.

You guys are just scared because they're different than you without even getting a chance to know them. They have the same hopes and aspirations as everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 06:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL....maybe they are taking over. After all, sounds to me like you were the only non-Hispanic working there.

As for another culture being shoved down your throat, that is where i have zero sympathy for white folks (assuming you are white). They've been shoving their culture down other peoples throats for centuries. Why do you think the Mexicans speak Spanish in the first place? A little turnabout isn't gonna hurt anyone.
Spanish is a "white" language. IF Spanish replaced English in the US; the white people would still rule if Mexico is any indication, whites on top, Indians and Mestizos on the bottom. The WORST thing that could happen to Blacks and Chicanos is more white people because Hispanic culture rewards white skin, look at the Mexican TV shows.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Meh...you worry too much. After all, millions of Americans don't run down to Mexico every year for nothing. Must be something good there.
Americans with money. Cut that off and Mexico would hurt real bad.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Spanish is a "white" language. IF Spanish replaced English in the US; the white people would still rule if Mexico is any indication, whites on top, Indians and Mestizos on the bottom. The WORST thing that could happen to Blacks and Chicanos is more white people because Hispanic culture rewards white skin, look at the Mexican TV shows.
If you say so...

I've lived in a majority white nation all my life and i've done just fine. Guess what? I'll continue to do so regardless. Aint a white man alive that can hold me back so i really couldn't care less.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Sorry. I meant yes I disagree. I'm truly ok with Hispanics. They are just trying to raise their families like the rest of us and a very caring people.
It's the illegal alien kind that we object to. What part of that aren't you getting?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:10 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It's the illegal alien kind that we object to. What part of that aren't you getting?
I do get it. Read my posts. I made the same point.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:26 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Americans with money. Cut that off and Mexico would hurt real bad.
Ha. Americans w/ money...love cheap labor, cheap products, cheap materials, cheap imports, cheap exports AND, if America could we would have already cut off...booze, weed, coke, heroin, etc. But we can't. And we won't. We just want to complain and tell everyone else that's what they should do.

Most "American's with money"...are like pigs in slop. Fat, dumb and happy.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Nonsense. "Our ways?" What ways are those?

Mexicans overwhelmingly learn the language and adapt to our ways.

You guys are just scared because they're different than you without even getting a chance to know them. They have the same hopes and aspirations as everyone else.
That is the reason they flee mexico to start with;the ways there.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Ha. Americans w/ money...love cheap labor, cheap products, cheap materials, cheap imports, cheap exports AND, if America could we would have already cut off...booze, weed, coke, heroin, etc. But we can't. And we won't. We just want to complain and tell everyone else that's what they should do.

Most "American's with money"...are like pigs in slop. Fat, dumb and happy.
I DON'T hire illegal aliens and I prefer to buy American made stuff over Chinese if I have a choice. Yes; Ill pay more for the American stuff.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:49 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
English will remain supreme for a long, long time because 1) Indians (India) know English, and are poised to be the most populous country someday, and 2) Mandarin is a LOT harder than English to learn!

New immigrant Spanish speaking people have no external pressure to learn English, because their language is accomodated by government and the media. That's fine, of course, if solely-Spanish speakers want to remain sidelined in main society, and surpassed by those who take the time to learn the language.

A friend of mine mentors three (of FIVE) young boys of an illegal Mexican immigrant who all live in a single wide trailer. (Dad in jail somewhere for a long time). The mother doesn't speak any real amount of English, but oddly enough, the young boys can't really speak Spanish, either. I have no idea how they communicate. Maybe some Spanglish.

The children of these boys will likely not have any connection to Spanish language.
I can also bet you that FAR more people in China learn English than Spanish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies