Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 04:27 PM

210 posts, read 251,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You have never been hit hard have you? Tell you what. Lets draw up some papers and let me take a poke at you and see how about your wits are about you. You would be lucky to be awake. He looked out it after he was clocked. Nothing funny about it.
Ive been punch drunk while was drunk fighting 2 thugs at once before and don't get me wrong I got messed up pretty bad but I put up a much better fight than that guy. Heres why I was fighting in the first place one said thug "tried" to grab my wallet so I punched him as hard as I could in the nose. I would have kept going but I was so drunk after hitting him in the face I lost my balance and fell on my face, lol. Than they stomped me out. Ive been hit hard lots of times and never wussed out like that dude, I used to box and I grew up backyard boxing and fighting for fun. He didn't get hit that hard and the first punch didn't knock him out. He was just scared to defend himself and hoping they would leave him alone after that first weak punch. It wasn't even enough to deck him really, I know 13 year olds that hit harder than that and that's why he ended up butt naked. Ive been beat up pretty bad before, welts, cuts, cracked ribs, but ive never been stripped butt naked by someone I fought before. If you get stripped butt naked in a street fight by someone and they didn't pull a shotgun out on you, it's your fault that your clothes are missing when you wake up.

The whole thing is wrong and I'm pretty sure he was being messed with in the first place because he was white, and I think the perpetrators should be punished, jailed, etc but I'm sorry, I found it funny. If he had attempted to defend himself I wouldn't have found it funny. It's just ive seen alot of fights in my time, hundreds and even seen people get robbed before never seen someone bow down like that before, it really was pathetic.

Last edited by Razorblade; 04-05-2012 at 04:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 04:40 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Bullsht because the race card was played in the Zimmerman Martin case going on now. Explain that to me when Zimmerman is Hispanic and White, and looks more hispanic, but whatever. And from the get go Sharpton and his media crew were going on about this being a white vs. black incident when there was no evidence of any kind that this was racially motivated. Just because there is a "white" person, a black person, and a crime, doesn't instantly mean there was some racial injustice on behalf of the white person. Get real. Look at the facts at the time then call the shots.
Here is a fact, if zimmerman wouldn't have racially profiled martin and let him go back to his house, this wouldn't have happened. That is a fact.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:43 PM

210 posts, read 251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Here is a fact, if zimmerman wouldn't have racially profiled martin and let him go back to his house, this wouldn't have happened. That is a fact.
Your 100% right and people that can't accept that are in denial but that's beside the point. Why is that case is being discussed here? This is a topic about a white guy being beat up in Baltimore. Any discussion of Martin or Zimmerman is going off topic.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:22 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
Ive been punch drunk while was drunk fighting 2 thugs at once before and don't get me wrong I got messed up pretty bad but I put up a much better fight than that guy. Heres why I was fighting in the first place one said thug "tried" to grab my wallet so I punched him as hard as I could in the nose. I would have kept going but I was so drunk after hitting him in the face I lost my balance and fell on my face, lol. Than they stomped me out. Ive been hit hard lots of times and never wussed out like that dude, I used to box and I grew up backyard boxing and fighting for fun. He didn't get hit that hard and the first punch didn't knock him out. He was just scared to defend himself and hoping they would leave him alone after that first weak punch. It wasn't even enough to deck him really, I know 13 year olds that hit harder than that and that's why he ended up butt naked. Ive been beat up pretty bad before, welts, cuts, cracked ribs, but ive never been stripped butt naked by someone I fought before. If you get stripped butt naked in a street fight by someone and they didn't pull a shotgun out on you, it's your fault that your clothes are missing when you wake up.

The whole thing is wrong and I'm pretty sure he was being messed with in the first place because he was white, and I think the perpetrators should be punished, jailed, etc but I'm sorry, I found it funny. If he had attempted to defend himself I wouldn't have found it funny. It's just ive seen alot of fights in my time, hundreds and even seen people get robbed before never seen someone bow down like that before, it really was pathetic.
There is certainly an issue with how he defended himself. It makes it worse. No doubt they saw weakness. That is not the time to show weakness.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:38 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
Your 100% right and people that can't accept that are in denial but that's beside the point. Why is that case is being discussed here? This is a topic about a white guy being beat up in Baltimore. Any discussion of Martin or Zimmerman is going off topic.
Its related because its tit for tat showing the source of the mind set to profile blacks. A lot of people think blacks are out to get them so they profile blacks. Blacks then think everyone is out to get them. So what is going to give?

The black leadership bungled this badly by making it about race which isolates them. I would have been right behind then had they made this an issue of excessive force and had a controlled, but earnest demand for an investigation without making any premature judgment. They blew it with the same old crap.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:41 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
What kind of moronic white people make themselves targets like that? Hanging out alone at night in Baltimore...SMH. I'm never going to put myself in a situation like this, and if I do, I'll hopefully be able to pull a Zimmerman before I end up in the morgue.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:42 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I don't think the purpose of this thread is to compare the incidents side by side, but its an attempt at OP to how that when clear cut racially motivated crime happens to white people, there isn't an uproar from the white community. maybe I'm wrong.
The fuss about trayvon is the lack of action by the sanford pd. Any racial angle is more about how the police failed to cross every t and dot every i into looking into that case rather than what was going through zimmermann's mind.

You gotta admit that from a distance it's rather suspicious they couldn't at least hold him overnight. I've been a suspect in a similar situation to what zimmermann found himself in and have been held overnight before released and clear. I'm not saying they were sloppy but it sure looks like they are not overly concerned.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
You people need to give it up. This is how it works in the media. If a little 5 year old white girl goes missing, the media has an orgasm over it. If a white man kills a black man, its music to the media's ears. You white folks have your ancestors to thank for that. If you didn't have slavery and the jim crow laws, race wouldn't be an issue today, but it is. Here is an idea, cut out the racism, and we won't have these issues. You guys are the majority, you have the power. You can sit here and tell how me blacks are racist also. My response will be, look at our history. Your record of racism is a little bit bigger than ours.
Translation:
The beating seen in this video is understandable and justified because of history.

Dude, you're a half-step removed from the people who want to give find a white person to jump because they're mad about stuff.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.S. I watched the video (which was very difficult to witness), and the only ethnic slur I heard was "n***ah." So if you're going to call racial bias on this one, should the perpetrator be charged with a hate crime against blacks? Hmmm.
Uhh really gizmo? So if you saw a mob of whites hanging around the trailer park, and did exactly what you saw in this video to a black man, then you would also assume there was no racial bias?

Old 04-05-2012, 09:29 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
Uhh really gizmo? So if you saw a mob of whites hanging around the trailer park, and did exactly what you saw in this video to a black man, then you would also assume there was no racial bias?
They robbed him. Most people never assume a racial bias in a robbery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies