Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 07:00 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It seems blacks are always upset about stereotyping them of what they like to eat. I find is somewhat puzzling.. If blacks are upset about liking fried chicken so what. Doesn't most people like fried chicken?

Mary J Blige Burger King Ad Pulled After Race Backlash | Showbiz News | Sky News

I think of hispanics liking tacos, and rice and beans.. so what.

Italians- loving pasta dishes... so what.

Chinese -rice and vegetables. so what.

Irish -potatoes and corned beef and cabbage. so what.

Etc, etc. etc.

Why are blacks offended about everything.. get over it. It is silly.

Fried chicken is very popular with everyone . So what.

And so it all the above foods that most Americans love.
Burger King can't win. If they told someone they couldn't be in the campaign because they're black, they'd be accused of being racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 AM

835 posts, read 1,040,591 times
Where are these black that get mad at this stuff?

I'm a black male in a mostly black community and nobody I know complained.

I actually thought it was catchy...
People of all races tend to overreact about stuff on tv. This is not the first ad Burger King got a bad rep for. Remember the square butts one?

Burger King Square Butts Spongebob Sir-Mix-Alot Commercial HQ - YouTube

Or this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwpNQWrD8PY

People overreact and these thing happen. Don't think the black race is the only one who does this.

As a black male I have to say it though....this whole thing is stupid.
I didn't find it racist at all.

Last edited by Ilovethecommunity; 04-06-2012 at 12:07 PM..

Old 04-06-2012, 12:14 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I think I am more offended that this is what Mary J Blige's career has come to. There is absolutely nothing offensive about this commercial, other than that.
Really? Why? David Beckham is in another Burger King commercial and what's more ironic than a professional athlete adverting unhealthy "fast food", I didn't see anything wrong with Mary J's commercial, some black people need to lose the chip they wear forever on their shoulder and stop being paranoid thinking anybody really cares about what they eat, or what they do anymore.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:29 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times

Undercover Brother - General Fried Chicken - YouTube

Old 04-06-2012, 12:32 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
I love fried chicken, tacos, rice, and meat and potatoes... I would sing about it if someone paid me...

Old 04-06-2012, 12:51 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,860 times
I must admit I'm getting sick and tired of blacks who seem to be offended over everything that happens in life. Geez....get over it and concentrate on substantive matters in your life. When someone mentions "fried chicken wrap" I certainly would never have even had a racial thought cross my mind. It's getting to the point where you can't even talk these days without worrying about someone being offended in some rediculous way.

This sure doesn't help the cause of blacks who wish to be treated equally....now you can't even mention the word "chicken" in their presense without being accused of being racially insensitive. How stupid ! You've got to censor every word you utter so as not to be offensive in some obscure way.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:39 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,513 times
Best GD Fried Chicken in Dallas commercial seems to be black friendly.

Live @ Rudys Gotdamn Me Fried Chicken In Dallas Texas (file1238911895) - April 04, 2009, 11:11 PM - YouTube

Old 04-06-2012, 04:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Well I'm pissed because there a lot of good Southern born white actors who could use the work pitching fried chicken, and I've never seen a Southern born white person pass up well cooked fried chicken. Unless of course they moved to New York and try to pretend that they aren't from the South. But that is a whole other discussion.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:47 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,513 times
George Clooney is from Kentucky.

Clooney would be a natural to push fried chicken pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well I'm pissed because there a lot of good Southern born white actors who could use the work pitching fried chicken, and I've never seen a Southern born white person pass up well cooked fried chicken. Unless of course they moved to New York and try to pretend that they aren't from the South. But that is a whole other discussion.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:51 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
Who or what are they upset at, the company for doing the commercial with a black, or at Blige for agreeing to do this commercial?

Good grief, they are stereotyping themselves for being upset and yapping about this. As a southerner I LUV fried chicken, just prefer it without the chicken skin, and don't eat any fried foods very often anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies