Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 07:28 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whateverhere View Post
Again give me an unbiased source and I will believe it.

Why is it so hard for you conservatives to accept that other countries have higher quality of life and better access to health care?
Tsk, tsk, tsk, don't dodge the question. In all of your extensive research you haven't found any differences in how countries calculate infant mortality? It is a rather straight forward question. Why won't/can't you answer it?

Why don't you admit you have accepted what is spoon fed to you by the left, and I will find provide you with a very mainstream source that will put you out of your misery, and prevent you from ever using infant mortality as a metric fr quality of healthcare ever again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 07:29 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The entire history of Europe is bloodsoaked, for thousands of years, that is why we are who we are. The US involvement was just a minor recent incident, Europe would have muddled its way through history one way or another, like we have always done for thousands of years. What really made modern Europe calm down a bit was the creation of the EU (even if it is a monster in its current form) and the peaceful interconnections that brought about.
Some 50 million lives were lost in WW II alone and you call that a 'minor recent incident'? 'Enlightened' my achin' hairy ass.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:30 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
There is one main reason healthcare cost rise faster than inflation. What is unique about healthcare? The way it is paid for. when a third party pays for a good or service, there is no incentive for rational pricing or consumption.

Obamacare will make matters exponentially worse. Not to mention 30 million more people competing for the same resources.
Bingo!

Old 04-06-2012, 07:32 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
We should trade. For every crybaby here who dreams of liberal utopia there is a repressed entrepreneur there. Let's swap.
Here's one that is "baffled" as well. I don't want to be paying for healthcare, I want to focus on running my businesses. I also don't want my fellow Americans going without proper healthcare. What does being an entrepreneur have to do with universal healthcare??

Old 04-06-2012, 07:32 AM

266 posts, read 179,803 times
Quote:
Tsk, tsk, tsk, don't dodge the question. In all of your extensive research you haven't found any differences in how countries calculate infant mortality? It is a rather straight forward question. Why won't/can't you answer it?
I didn't claim that. So you back it up (with an ubiased source).

Old 04-06-2012, 07:33 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Too funny, Bri. I have, lots. When you grow up, you'll understand people can have similar experiences to you, and still see things in a different wy.

Cheers!
Since you're so much more "grown-up" than I am (and therefore you are better than me), why don't you impart your hard-won wisdom rather than just writing "Cheers!"?

Peace,
brian

Old 04-06-2012, 07:33 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Lol, you don't understand the market. Many uninsured are uninsured by choice. Specifically the young and healthy.
By choice? Who doesn't want insurance? It's an expense decision.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:35 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Well I guess that's the proof, you haven't met one so they don't exist.

I never suggested that the healthcare system didn't need improvement, but that the 90% of the population that has access to healthcare needn't be penalized for the 10% that do not.
I think it's less than 90% who has access, and what do you do with the minority - but a substantial minority - that does not have access?

Old 04-06-2012, 07:35 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Since you're so much more "grown-up" than I am (and therefore you are better than me), why don't you impart your hard-won wisdom rather than just writing "Cheers!"?

Peace,
brian
I have been trying to, but you resist so, but that is to be expected from the young.

Cheers!

Old 04-06-2012, 07:36 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
I have been trying to, but you resist so, but that is to be expected from the young.

Cheers!
I'm all ears.

Peace,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies