Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 09:07 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
There's a reason why right wing parties are on the rise in Europe.
Name a European right-wing political party "on the rise" that suggests dismantling UHC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

266 posts, read 179,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
Then they wonder why Americans have a **** Europe mentality. Imagine there reactions if they get hit with a terrorist attack and we held up signs of Auschwitz.
Well I think they have a case.

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
Wow you really are a complete ****ing idiot.
No, he is a naive kid.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:08 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Americans believe they are the crowning glory of the human race; the master race, and that everybody else is just dirt.
But it's all American arrogance, stupidity, and stubbornness.
On what to do about millions of uninsured people America is the baffled nation. Duh!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
You are kidding..... right?
Having lived in Europe and America i can tell you from actual experience and not from being brainwashed by "sound bites" that freedom in America is being eroded every day and dictatorship by big corporations id expanding. It was corporate greed that nearly broughT America to its knees.
In America today there is no real freedom of choice anymore...... prices go up everywhere because of things like speculation or mega corporate profits or mega corporate bonuses OR MEGA CORPORATE CONTROL.
Freedom in a Country means a freedom to choose not a freedom to choose only what the elitists allow you to afford.
It isn't just Europe that are baffled by the present fear of Govt. that is controlling the USA but ALL of the Industrialised world now look at America to see how NOT to do things............ any ideas as to why that is?
Get over yourselves and realise that the greatest country in the world (USA) is now being destroyed financially, morally and Internationally by people here who are selfish, arrogant, elitist, greedy and yes...... CORRUPT ..... in other words BIG CORPORATIONS. They want it ALL and to hell with the American people.
Don't preach about "rights" when the corporations are taking our rights away every day........... our "rights" are to vote into power a Govt. to run the Country and to do their best for America... you know "WE THE PEOPLE'
That means ALL the people not just the Buddies of big business...........
and that is why the rest of the World watch America and think...........
What the hell has happened to the USA ???????????????
It's easier to keep your head in the sand and repeat over and over, "what problem? I don't see any problem!"

Peace,
brian

Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whateverhere View Post
Well America should have stayed pacifist. It would be much less hated today.
Who did ask us to enter WW2?
Without us getting involved. The Germans would have destroyed Great Britain and then the Soviets would have taken over Europe.

So the reason for America entering the war were political interests, so that communism wouldn't spread all the way to western Europe.

So this domino effect... it's valid in some circumstances, but not others?

Why does any country EVER get involved in a war started somewhere else?

Britain, for example, declared war on Germany, not the other way around. Was their self preservation on their mind? Threat of what would happen if Hitler was able to take the continent?

Is it reasonable to assume Hitler would have launched against the US and the Americas once he consolidated in Europe?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:10 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,558,382 times
Quote:
Well America should have stayed pacifist. It would be much less hated today.
Who did ask us to enter WW2?
The Japanese and Churchill off the top of my head.

Quote:
Without us getting involved. The Germans would have destroyed Great Britain and then the Soviets would have taken over Europe.
You do realize that Russia and the United States were allies in WW2 right?

Anyway the issues between the Soviet Union and the west which lead ot the cold war happened after WW2.

Quote:
So the reason for America entering the war were political interests, so that communism wouldn't spread all the way to western Europe.
You failed history I take it.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:11 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You can't blame Russia for being IN Germany.

You can BLAME Russia for never leaving.

You criticize the United States whilst simultaneously apologizing for a power that literally subjugated formerly free peoples of Eastern Europe. This is puzzling. I know Polish people today that STILL resent Russians!

Trust me. I want nothing more than for the United States to pull ALL of its defense dollars having anything to do with European protection off the table. Stand on your own, or fall.

We'll soon see if Europeans can remain unentangled in world affairs when left to their own devices. They have SUCH a proud history of not meddling or spreading misery across the globe, I'm sure it won't be hard, right?
The Russians had stayed just like Israel has not withdrawn to the borders before the war. And I don't hear Americans telling them to withdraw.

Of course the Russians are not welcome in Poland. That is not the point. We live in the 21st century now, we have the UN, settled borders, international economic ties, control mechanisms and everything, we don't just invade other countries anymore, trying to steal their land and what not.

Europe will do fine on its own. The only problem will be deciding whether on the international stage we will speak and act as one unit or each country on its own.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:11 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,558,382 times
Quote:
Well I think they have a case.
Then you are an idiot nothing more nothing less.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:12 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I see examples of diplomacy everyday. If I had to list them all I'd take up an entire website!

So why don't people use diplomacy? Because they feel they are incapable. They think that peace is out of their reach. They prefer to swing clubs and shout like beasts at one another.

If America wanted peace with the rest of the world, it could obtain it easily. The problem is, that war is big business, and peace-making isn't "exciting."

For now, anyway.

Peace,
brian
I am sure you have seen where diplomacy has worked. However, it frequently does not work. It is naive in the extreme to believe Milosovic would have come around if we just tried a little more diplomacy.

Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies