Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 11:04 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
What the hell are you talking about???????????????
How did the right in America get to the point it is at right now where the normal everyday American means NOTHING to them and corporations controls their every move and the refusal to see anyone elses point of view or concepts..... we can see where that got us..... in the economic dumpster............
No corporation controls my life. One corporation supplies me with 90% of my income and pays for 85% of my healthcare. Other corporations I freely purchase goods and services from and mostly realize a consumer surplus when I purchase them. Other corporations depend partially on my investments to fund their activities. I enjoy a mutually beneficial relationship with every corporation I choose to do with, otherwise there would be no deals.

If you are forced to deal with a corporation then it is due to a government body. Obamacare will force millions of Americans to deal with a corporation even if they do not find it beneficial to do so. Unless our USSC makes the correct ruling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 11:09 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No corporation controls my life. One corporation supplies me with 90% of my income and pays for 85% of my healthcare. Other corporations I freely purchase goods and services from and mostly realize a consumer surplus when I purchase them. Other corporations depend partially on my investments to fund their activities. I enjoy a mutually beneficial relationship with every corporation I choose to do with, otherwise there would be no deals.

If you are forced to deal with a corporation then it is due to a government body. Obamacare will force millions of Americans to deal with a corporation even if they do not find it beneficial to do so.
Yeah, I have no idea why Europeans make such a boogie man out of business.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:25 AM

692 posts, read 1,355,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Europeans really don't generally care what America decides in relation to healthcare, as for s US Supreme Court Ruling on Healthcare, we simply don't care.

Americans are more than capable of deciding issues such as healthcare themselves, just as Europeans are.

To be honest I wasn't even aware the US Supreme Court had made a ruling on healthcare, as I am simply not interested.

We have different healthcare systems which reflect our different outlooks, and most Europeans are perfectly happy with their universal healthcare systems. If Americans aren't happy with their system then that is a matter for them.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:28 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Europe is made up of 50 countries. Saying "Europeans make such a boogie man out of business" is wrong, some do, some don't.

Greece is at this very moment quite strongly anti-business whereas Germany is extremely pro-business. Britain and France are more in the middle ground.
Norway is increasing the amount of public money towards smaller businesses in an effort to increase it's GDP and revenue. Lithuania is lending large amounts of public money to private businesses to do the same. Croatia is attempting to encourage outside investment by offering large tax breaks to multinational business whereas Austria is doing almost the opposite by giving larger tax relief to companies with head offices in it's own borders.

Europe is not just one country with a common belief. It's 50 countries with very many varied and often opposed beliefs.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:32 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Europe is made up of 50 countries. Saying "Europeans make such a boogie man out of business" is wrong, some do, some don't.

Greece is at this very moment quite strongly anti-business whereas Germany is extremely pro-business. Britain and France are more in the middle ground.
Norway is increasing the amount of public money towards smaller businesses in an effort to increase it's GDP and revenue. Lithuania is lending large amounts of public money to private businesses to do the same. Croatia is attempting to encourage outside investment by offering large tax breaks to multinational business whereas Austria is doing almost the opposite by giving larger tax relief to companies with head offices in it's own borders.

Europe is not just one country with a common belief. It's 50 countries with very many varied and often opposed beliefs.
Ok to be more precise, many Europeans I come across over there and here tend to have a very negative view of business.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:44 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So what the heck is an inalienable right to conservatives? Is it the right to breath air free of charge without getting billed for it from heaven?
The bill fo riught tells you what your sitizenship intiles you to and that is manily protection to oppotuntity. If you really beleive what you say then doe sit extend to those in Sudan having been born. that means you need to pay up for their share of your wealth.If not then you just want someone else in US to pay for your free stuff.We see the problem with that in Greece now.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:47 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Really??????????????
Let's see how this works in the USA...................... A couple of examples.......................
Who decides on your health care and what treatments you can and cannot have?..... Insurance Companies.... if you cannot afford to use a health insurance corporation your health care is extremely basic if at all. Your Insurance company CEO's decide on your premiums and whether you are eligible for cancer care etc.... if that isn't you being controlled by a corporation what is.... and please don't come up with..."it's my decission whether i use private insurance for health care.... what other real choice do you have for chronic illnesses or diseases? So your health is determined by big insurance companies.
NO other citizens in countries with UHC's go bankrupt because of health care..... i wonder why?.... oh yes, because their health isn't determined by big corporations!
Our utilities are determined by big corporations who set prices and often there is only one provider and no choices as to who you use... so a corporation having the monopoly and controlling you....

If you are forced to deal with a corporation then it is due to a government body. Obamacare will force millions of Americans to deal with a corporation even if they do not find it beneficial to do so. Unless our USSC makes the correct ruling.
The affordable health care act is not what Obama wanted, he wanted a Govt. funded single payer option (UHC) and then we would have real competition and choices we don't and to get the affordable health care act passed, President Obama had to bend to the right and use insurance companies but to make sure that things like pre conditions or lower the prices of drugs etc, a mandate had to be used to secure millions of users and revenue for the health corporations so that they can give health cover to people who otherwise could NOT get health cover or were dropped from insurance plans or had their premiums sky rocket due to a illness, pre condition etc. The Govt. doesn't have control of our health needs here but big corporations do. The right are trying to overturn a mandate that they wanted anyway.... wierd.
We are forced to deal with corporations here every day eg Oil corporations, Health corporations, insurance corporations, and to say we aren't is being extremely myopic.... to be able to function normally here we must use corporations, no other real choices..............simple!

Old 04-07-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

It is mainly leftist Americans who propagate the anti-corporate BS on this forum.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The affordable health care act is not what Obama wanted, he wanted a Govt. funded single payer option (UHC) and then we would have real competition and choices we don't and to get the affordable health care act passed, President Obama had to bend to the right and use insurance companies but to make sure that things like pre conditions or lower the prices of drugs etc, a mandate had to be used to secure millions of users and revenue for the health corporations so that they can give health cover to people who otherwise could NOT get health cover or were dropped from insurance plans or had their premiums sky rocket due to a illness, pre condition etc. The Govt. doesn't have control of our health needs here but big corporations do. The right are trying to overturn a mandate that they wanted anyway.... wierd.
We are forced to deal with corporations here every day eg Oil corporations, Health corporations, insurance corporations, and to say we aren't is being extremely myopic.... to be able to function normally here we must use corporations, no other real choices..............simple!
No, conservatives did not want the mandate. Obamacare relied strictly on Democrat votes. It was almost a straight party line vote.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:06 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,559,203 times
Quote:
It is mainly leftist Americans who propagate the anti-corporate BS on this forum.
Just wanted to add to this comment that the left view is very different from what average Americans believe. Most Americans don't view business as good or in the progressive case "evil" they just view it as making money while providing goods and services nothing more nothing less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies