Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:03 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceInTheCrowd View Post
Defensive much? All I did was ask a question.
And all Backspace did was answer it factually. Don't like the answer or the truth then don't ask the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Good luck with that one. The GOP's core positions are to hell with the environment, profits are more important.
And your core position seems to be living a life of partisan ignorance. Why don't you wake up and take off your hate-colored glasses.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Hundreds of thousands of republicans at the Washington National Mall and when they left, you couldn't find a candy wrapper.
Hundreds of thousands of democrats, union members, and so called 'friends of the earth' occupy the same space and when they leave there is tons of garbage left behind.
In every city that has had an 'occupy movement', tons of garbage have been left behind.
Who doesn't care about the environment?
Pwnt!

Stick that in your pipes, liberal morons.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I love listening to the little boy babbies whine. Don't make an environmental mess in the first place and even you will not have to clean it up.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
This is actually one of the better posts in this thread.

You are correct about libertarians and conservatives generally distrusting regulations. Now, I do certainly agree that some regulations are needed, that's not to say that some can't be scrapped or altered. There is such a thing as diminishing returns. Like how many environmentalists demand lower emissions limits regardless even if the air quality in an area is generally considered to be safe. That has little to do with concern for the environment and more do with "Anything people do to the planet is bad". Nor is it wrong to point out that government agencies (such as the EPA) often have a habit of trying to expand their power and have tendency to recommend more regulation and more funding (when was the last time you have ever seen a government agency submit a report saying they are given more power than they should have and they have more funding than they need?).

While there do seem to be some conservatives and libertarians that actually seem to hate the environment and nature, most generally don't. Keep in mind that a lot of conservationist groups were founded by hunters. Ducks Unlimited comes to mind. Now, hunting isn't necessarily a conservative activity, but it's generally not one associated with liberals either. Ted Nugent is also someone who has voiced concerns over some environmental issues (particularly land conservation, ground water pollution, and deforestation) and he is as liberal as Naomi Klein is conservative.

But you are certainly right. The environment effects us all (by definition) and showing some type of respect for the environment and placing some limits on human activity will benefit all of us over all.
Oh give me a damn break. No one hate the environment or nature FFS, this is a ludicrous statement.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Errr, Conservatives don't conserve, they exploit and call conserving.
Blah blah, more partisan hacks spouting ignorance and hate.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:17 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceInTheCrowd View Post
Any environmentally conscious conservatives on these boards?
What are your thoughts on this?

Can conservatives be stewards of the Earth?

Is it possible? Thanks.
I'm not a Republican, but am a fiscal conservative. I'm also an environmentalist..... but one who does not believe in AGW.

Everyone who believes in creation should be an environmentalist. It's our responsibility as God's creatures to take care of his earth.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:21 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
They should stop using that stupid term..environment...and get back to reality....environment or environ - means anything that we are encased in...it could be a city...a tin bucket on your head...people are trained to think that picking up a gum wrapper is a great salvation of the planet earth................NATURE must tale the place of this stupid movement...What ever happened to the term naturalist? Those who understood nature...LOVED nature...were one with nature..

People think that nature is a park or a wild area where you dumb your old mattress...most young people can not even maintain a house plant..they think it's just furniture...they don't know that it needs care...light - water...love...

Most have never grown flowers or food..they have not idea of what nature is....so how are they expected to take care of the environment when all it has become is a political term...it's horrible and disgusting that we spit on and ignore our own mother (earth)...............I grew up with mud between my toes and was totally comfortable diving down 30 feet into my lake....It was a comfort...and I was never afraid............

I knew this typical modern jerk that dated my daughter...He would drive out to our place in the country...and quickly hop in the car at the sight of a bug...and rush back to his condo and lock the doors..................If you love nature - you love GOD and all that is good...Politicians who have no respect for the environment...(nature)_ have no respect for people...because PEOPLE are nature also.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:24 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,471,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
This is actually one of the better posts in this thread.

You are correct about libertarians and conservatives generally distrusting regulations. Now, I do certainly agree that some regulations are needed, that's not to say that some can't be scrapped or altered. There is such a thing as diminishing returns. Like how many environmentalists demand lower emissions limits regardless even if the air quality in an area is generally considered to be safe. That has little to do with concern for the environment and more do with "Anything people do to the planet is bad". Nor is it wrong to point out that government agencies (such as the EPA) often have a habit of trying to expand their power and have tendency to recommend more regulation and more funding (when was the last time you have ever seen a government agency submit a report saying they are given more power than they should have and they have more funding than they need?).

While there do seem to be some conservatives and libertarians that actually seem to hate the environment and nature, most generally don't. Keep in mind that a lot of conservationist groups were founded by hunters. Ducks Unlimited comes to mind. Now, hunting isn't necessarily a conservative activity, but it's generally not one associated with liberals either. Ted Nugent is also someone who has voiced concerns over some environmental issues (particularly land conservation, ground water pollution, and deforestation) and he is as liberal as Naomi Klein is conservative.

But you are certainly right. The environment effects us all (by definition) and showing some type of respect for the environment and placing some limits on human activity will benefit all of us over all.
This is true. I am a conservative and an avid hunter and fisherman. The fees I pay to do these things go in part to preserving the game and fish populations. I also give funds to The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and when I can Ducks Unlimited.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:30 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wynternight View Post
and all backspace did was answer it factually. Don't like the answer or the truth then don't ask the question.
lmfao, to be honest, I don't even know what the post consisted of, but I'm willing to wager that my response is accurate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies