Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Terminal stupidity and mental illness are definitely prevalent amongst libs as evidenced by well, almost everything you lot post here.

Amen! You said it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 11:27 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Most of this BS is accepted by the ignorant because they think it makes them look better. Even if it is totally BS.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:49 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,975 times
Even though I'm a liberal, I can't take seriously anything that claims the average IQ of Utah is 87. That's just a ridiculous statement.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:12 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Here is evidence that these numbers are a hoax, and is in fact based on income, not adjusted for cost of living. People who believed in this "study" should be embarrassed.

IQ Hoax -- Debunking the hoax claiming that states with the highest average IQs voted for Gore or Kerry instead of Bush

Old 04-06-2012, 12:21 PM

78,419 posts, read 60,613,724 times
OMG this is a funny thread.

Seriously, I wonder how much crack I'd have to smoke before I brain damaged myself sufficiently to fall for crap like that and then not even check snopes first?

Then again, it's not like some of those posters had any credibility to begin with.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:23 PM

78,419 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Even though I'm a liberal, I can't take seriously anything that claims the average IQ of Utah is 87. That's just a ridiculous statement.
Every contingent of political groups around here has thier nutjobs, fortunately they have some rational people too that don't just knee jerk fall into line the minute the sheep-dog barks.

+1 for you.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
This is funny to me but it doesn't make a lot of sense because I know what IQ stands for and that it cannot be reasonably measured after one is about 13 and most of those voters were above the age of 18. Maybe the British have found a way to measure IQ outside the years of rules, but I doubt it. How does one sit in the UK and measure the IQ of a person in Mississippi? I don't remember them coming around testing adults in my state.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:05 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Whether or not the figures are correct (and quite frankly, I have no reason to think they are dramatically far off), IQ testing based on a single, standard test is extremely limited in measuring intelligence.

Experts in the field have concluded that scores can vary by as much as 15 points based on a rather lengthy list of environmental variables and life exposure, none the least of which would include academic experience which might simply equate to being more versed in the mechanics and psychology of "test taking".

Then, you have elements of IQ testing that focus more on abstract logic for which some heavily left brain types won't necessarily do as well as some others. Nevertheless, that 15 point variable covers a vast territory that really exceeds the average score variable depicted in the charts listed previously.

Common sense (which IQ tests are a poor measure) would suggest that it's no surprise why the Northeast would score significantly higher than the South because the environment is totally different, including the averages relative to levels of academic pursuit.

Yet, the insinuations some are trying to make flies in the face of what we already know to be true ... that lower income, less educated people have historically supported the Democratic party in vast majority. That sorta takes the wind out of the "Left is smarter" argument.

More importantly, with regard to voting and which party one might gravitate towards, has far more to do with ideological-psychological makeup, rather than base intelligence.

Being a staunch independent myself .... I view both the ardent Democratic supporters and those tirelessly devoted to the Republicans as being equally "thick" since both parties are corrupt beyond redemption at this point in time. This my friends is an example of wisdom, which isn't measured in IQ either.

So the overall argument here could be defined as idiots arguing imbeciles about which ones are the "smart ones". There can be no true winner.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:14 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Whether or not the figures are correct (and quite frankly, I have no reason to think they are dramatically far off),
Now you do IQ Hoax -- Debunking the hoax claiming that states with the highest average IQs voted for Gore or Kerry instead of Bush

Also, Utah as the second dumbest state should be a good indicator that this "study" is just BS.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:17 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avdance View Post
LIBErALS ARE PARASITES AND SUPPORT COLORED TRASH. WE MUST KILL ALL LIBERALS.

VNNFORUM.COM

STORMFRONT.ORG

You have idiotic ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies