Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 10:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times

Advertisements

Dumb-ass jarhead!

Old 04-06-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Reducing the size of the military, one at a time...

There is going to come a moment in time, where the majority of the military quit, by not reenlisting.
This election cycle has shown where many military members stand on the issues.

It would be one thing if there were a forced military draft, but a volunteer force....

I was wondering, have you ever served in the military?

Old 04-06-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Double standards as usual. The marine felt what he felt, and didn't want to stay silent. Good for him.
Now his dumb-azz can stay unemployed at least until faux gives him a job

Old 04-06-2012, 10:37 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,932,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
i'm sorry that my imprecise wording hurt your feelings. if you promise not to cry, i'll use the word lawful next time.

but yes, ethical does apply. it wouldn't hold in court, but the basis of lawful vs unlawful is very often couched in whether it is ethical or not. therefore, if it is an unlawful order, it is most likely an unethical order; this is what i was referring to.

never said it did. you are putting words in my mouth if you think i did.

who are you referring to here? me?

i am not claiming that he was in the right. i was just correcting what looked like a misunderstanding earlier, that the troops don't have the responsibility to refuse unethical orders.

history disagrees with you.
Start with some childish insults, clue: you think far too highly of yourself and your influence here, get over yourself.
True but unethical does not imply unlawful, thought you would know the difference, I see that is not the case.
Did I, hmmmm.
Of-course I was refering to you, and of-course others that would sanction servicemen dispobeying their orders. Easy when it is not You that pays the piper, ain't it.
There ya go with the "unethical" again, thought you would have figured out by now they are not one in the same. Oh well.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:38 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,974 times
Quote:
history disagrees with you.
*nod* Of course. I was just informed as to who people were referring to.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
that's not true––it isn't at all that black and white. if you are military personnel, you do have the responsibility to refuse unethical orders.

the definition is kind of vague, and extremely subjective, but we have multiple examples of the tragedies that occur when troops don't question and disobey unethical orders.

incidentally, in those examples, the perps that claim they were only following orders still get in trouble, because they did something they knew was wrong.

What was the "unethical orders" given to him? He did that stupid crap on his own after being warned before

Old 04-06-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampfireR View Post
Record cases of this type of thing seem to be happening on a regular basis with this administration. I can't recall hearing it before, at least not at this level. Something is wrong, a blind man could see it.
Actually quiet as it is kept alot of people ended their enlistment when bush II was elected and again re-elected, come to think of it there was a record number of people that moved to Canada

Old 04-06-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
God bless this Marine for giving-up so much for the right principle! Oh, he'll be fine in life. There are rewards for doing what is right. He made a loud statement, was in the news how many times all over this land, and kept focus on our subversive in office.

Congrats for the most assinine statement on this post

Do you realize if every military member did this there would not be an effective military to protect the dumbazz teabaggers! When you sign up for the military there are certain rights that you give up voluntarily in order to protect this country so that people like yourself can sit back and make stupid comments. If you had joined the military you would know how stupid his actions were.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromHereBornHere View Post
If all he said was the he would not follow "unlawful" orders then i don't see the problem? Whats wrong with saying you wont break the law?
Because he made the crap up! If he was given a order it was from a senior NCO or an officer not from the president. No one asked him to break the law in the first place!

Old 04-06-2012, 11:13 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,454,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Start with some childish insults, clue: you think far too highly of yourself and your influence here, get over yourself.
wow, a little hostile are we?

i haven't insulted you at all yet. would you like me to start?

Quote:
True but unethical does not imply unlawful, thought you would know the difference, I see that is not the case.
i've already clarified my position; if you fail to comprehend what is being said, that is not my problem.

Quote:
Did I, hmmmm.
Of-course I was refering to you, and of-course others that would sanction servicemen dispobeying their orders. Easy when it is not You that pays the piper, ain't it.
you know what they say about assumptions?

i served in the united states military––i know exactly what the boundaries are, and i did pay the piper.

did you?

Quote:
There ya go with the "unethical" again, thought you would have figured out by now they are not one in the same. Oh well.
i know that they are not one and the same. i am free to use the term unethical if i so choose especially because it is the primary reason for the responsibility to refuse unlawful orders, and therefore is what i am focused on.

also, i specifically said that if you promised not to cry i would humor you and use the term unlawful. you seem to have failed in that respect, judging by your rancorous posts.

this does seem to be a habit with you; there are a few defined labels for people that stalk the internet looking for verbal fistfights, and none of them mention anything about intelligence or courage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
What was the "unethical orders" given to him? He did that stupid crap on his own after being warned before
get a grip and chill out. i haven't said anything about this guy or his current situation. what i have said is that the blanket statement, "troops aren't supposed to refuse orders," is not always correct. that is so far the only thing i have commented on, now excepting my response to casper's inability to hold a conversation without bursting blood vessels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies