Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 10:04 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
If you pay attention to the stories of public school teachers attempting to indoctrinate students, it's always liberals saying negative things about conservatives.
I disagree. Its not always lib's, granted they are the majority of the problem, but there have been conservatives and Republicans that have gone over the line as well.

They should all be punished as seen fit by the administrators. These kids shouldn't have to worry about things like this. I mean is it so bad to let them be young and innocent for as long as possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 10:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Before everyone has a stroke over this issue, just look at the opening sentences from the article:

That loaded statement was purportedly delivered to sixth-graders by their public school teacher in Fairfax County, Virginia. The educator, Kristin Martin, is said to have railed against conservatives, allegedly telling students that “[Republicans] don’t care about anyone but wealthy people and businesses.”

These comments, reportedly made at Powell Elementary School as voters were flocking to the school to cast ballots on Super Tuesday, are certainly eyebrow-raising. The Daily Caller spoke with students who were apparently in the classroom that day.

See how "The Blaze", certainly a biased news source if there ever was one, waffles? We don't know if this really happened!

Old 04-06-2012, 10:40 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Before everyone has a stroke over this issue, just look at the opening sentences from the article:

That loaded statement was purportedly delivered to sixth-graders by their public school teacher in Fairfax County, Virginia. The educator, Kristin Martin, is said to have railed against conservatives, allegedly telling students that “[Republicans] don’t care about anyone but wealthy people and businesses.”

These comments, reportedly made at Powell Elementary School as voters were flocking to the school to cast ballots on Super Tuesday, are certainly eyebrow-raising. The Daily Caller spoke with students who were apparently in the classroom that day.

See how "The Blaze", certainly a biased news source if there ever was one, waffles? We don't know if this really happened!
A little more investigation...

Quote:
The student told TheDC that Martin apologized the next day.

“I am sorry about what I said about the different parties,” Martin allegedly told students. “I am deeply sorry if I offended you in any way. I realized what I said about Republicans was wrong and I shouldn’t have shared that with you guys.”
Happy now? Or do you think the "alleged" apology didn't happen either..

Read more: Fairfax County School System | Republicans Are Stupid | The Daily Caller

Old 04-06-2012, 11:29 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,627,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
We really should have vetted all the candidates in the Presidential election of 2008 but only did a great job of such on the VP candidate of the Republican Party.
I can't disagree with that logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Politics need to stay out of the class rooms of chlidren. Next time it might be some rwnj doing it.
No, politics are fine; it's the biases that need to go. Studying and learning about politics are a great thing for the classrooms, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
There have been 5-6 of them come in recently and start posting ****. Stormfront must have a contest going to see who can join CD and make the most posts before getting banned.
I go there from time to time, to see what crap they are spewing now. It's always a good day when I find out they are no smarter than the last time. I don't have much to fear when they are still dumb as ever!

Old 04-07-2012, 04:53 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I happen to agree with the teacher but grade school is too early to be presented with these opinions. If you just let the kids develop on their own 75% will have this opinion by the time they’re 25.

And then think the opposite once they hit the earning yrs.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:59 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

The Blaze got the story from the Daily Caller. Get over your fear of the blaze and try commenting on the story. Or would that just be too hard for you?

Old 04-07-2012, 07:25 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
Oh link please, link please. Then one posts a link and the poster that requested one bashes the source. Vicious cycle here on cd.
Quit asking for a link if you're only going to deny the credibility once it's posted anyway. Seems that's what's done to any link that challenges anything from the msm.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:29 AM

711 posts, read 1,511,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Politics need to stay out of the class rooms of chlidren. Next time it might be some rwnj doing it.

I agree completely. The last thing we need is such garbage being promulgated by anybody, but especially someone who is an enemy country.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Oh link please, link please. Then one posts a link and the poster that requested one bashes the source. Vicious cycle here on cd.
Quit asking for a link if you're only going to deny the credibility once it's posted anyway. Seems that's what's done to any link that challenges anything from the msm.
The OP qoted The Blaze. I posted the opening sentences from the article, showing a lot of ambiguity. Even The Blaze is going to cover their butts. They didn't hear anyone say it. A bunch of kids heard it, not credible sources in a court of law. The teacher apologized, so I guess she either said it, or apologized to put an end to it. The teacher also didn't really say "Republicans are stupid"; she allegedly said she didn't like any of the Republican candidates and “I think that they are stupid.’” She also apparently made it known that she had voted for President Barack Obama and that the Democrats tend to do more “for the community and schools.” This is not the same as saying "Republicans care only for themselves".

The Blaze article also has several pictures of Obama in schools, which has nothing to do with the article. It's just their way of being over the top.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:39 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Happens all the time.
Texas law says nothing political can be on any government owned property.
The Klein high school theater teacher had a political poster saying vote for --- on the wall in her room. A school board member was taking a group of bond committee members on a tour of the school hoping they would recommend rebuilding the school. Imagine her surprise when entering the classroom. The teacher took political poster down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies