Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 04:40 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
but, even as ridiculous as the death threat scenario sounds to me, this claim also requires that the clintons were ( and still are ) the ONLY one's privy to the ineligibility information ( i haven't watched the interview but as far as i know viviano never says why obama is ineligible ).
Yes she does. She says that when Bill Clinton said that Obama wasn't qualified he winked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 04:58 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
but, even as ridiculous as the death threat scenario sounds to me, this claim also requires that the clintons were ( and still are ) the ONLY one's privy to the ineligibility information ( i haven't watched the interview but as far as i know viviano never says why obama is ineligible ).
What she said was that the Clintons were the ones who originally floated out the eligibility issue and that the assassination of Arkansas Democratic Party Chairman in August 2008 was a "message" to the Clintons to keep their mouths shut. Gwatney was murdered a couple of weeks before the 2008 Democratic National Convention.

Bill Gwatney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With a lifetime in politics, the Clintons have built a powerful and complex political machine and I have little doubt they can find out anything they want to know. I also have little doubt that we, the public, know maybe only 10% of what actually goes on behind the scenes in the halls of power in the world.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:00 PM

26,583 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you're running for the office of President, nothing should be off limits and sealed.
then start working your congressman to change the constitution.

but i'm not sure you'd want a president who had no objection to people digging thru his/her mother's gynecological exams ( yes, birthers have asked for that ).

Old 04-06-2012, 05:01 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times

Old 04-06-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
What she said was that the Clintons were the ones who originally floated out the eligibility issue....
right off the bat this statement of viviano's is wrong. according to the WND article viviano claims the clintons' statements came in "spring 2008". even if it were on the first day of spring it is still predated by the original birther claims by almost a month:

Barackryphal: The Secret Origin of the Birthers

Quote:
.... and that the assassination of Arkansas Democratic Party Chairman in August 2008 was a "message" to the Clintons to keep their mouths shut. Gwatney was murdered a couple of weeks before the 2008 Democratic National Convention.
yes, bill gwanty was shot and killed by timothy dale johnson, a man who appears to have been in the middle of a complete mental breakdown. he quit his job earlier in the day at target after some erratic behavior and the store called the cops to keep johnson away for fear of retribution.

Timothy Dale Johnson | Gunman had just quit job - Los Angeles Times

to somehow link johnson as an assassin working for obama is even a stretch for the most hardcore MK-ultra conspiracy theorist.

Quote:
With a lifetime in politics, the Clintons have built a powerful and complex political machine and I have little doubt they can find out anything they want to know.
no arguments there.

Quote:
I also have little doubt that we, the public, know maybe only 10% of what actually goes on behind the scenes in the halls of power in the world.
also agreed. but i just don't automatically accept assassination threats as a motivating factor when they contradict logic and reason.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
karl rove seems to think you're helping obama, sity:

“Within our party, we’ve got to be very careful about allowing these people who are the birthers and the 9/11-deniers to get too high a profile and say too much without setting the record straight,†Rove said Wednesday night on Fox News.
“We need the leaders of our party to say, ‘Look, stop falling into the trap of the White House and focus on the real issues,’â€

Karl Rove: Birther rumors discredit GOP - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

Old 04-06-2012, 06:46 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,483 times
Houseplants that can type.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:50 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Houseplants that can type.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:50 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
"New sheriff wants obamas records rounded up"

And I wanted to win the mega jackpot!

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you might find
You get what you need

Mick Jagger.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:13 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
right off the bat this statement of viviano's is wrong. according to the WND article viviano claims the clintons' statements came in "spring 2008". even if it were on the first day of spring it is still predated by the original birther claims by almost a month:

Barackryphal: The Secret Origin of the Birthers
Well I don't think that makes it "wrong" necessarily. Maybe she means among the first. Either way, it seems she is simply stating her view and what she knows. I am not sure what vid that excerpt is from.

Regarding the fear thing. There are some very powerful people and some very interesting ways to get rid of people, so I don't find it hard to believe someone would be concerned if threatened by the right people, especially when your family is threatened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies