Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
You're citing the Washington (Com)Post!!!!!!! No wonder you are confused.
What the hell does that have to do with it. He insulted my state. Is that supposed to be ok just because the Washington Post reported on it?

It was also all over the Boston papers at the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
I want to keep this response short, so I will state what he has been capable of handling:

--------

Ok, should I state it again?
Try again. You left out the killing of bin Laden

Old 04-09-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Mine in green.
Let's take someone who has paid insurance premiums for 25 years. Like a relative of mine. A close relative. After 25 years of being healthy as a horse s/he is diagnosed with a serious medical condition.
Immediately his/her insurance company drops their coverange insisting that the illness had to be a pre-existing condition.

The medical community is not a charity. Someone has to pay for it. Hope they saved their nickels and dimes.

So after years of paying those fees it's perfectly ok for them to just drop you because the medical community is not a charity??? NEITHER IS THE GUY WHO GAVE HIS MONEY TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY ALL THOSE YEARS

Old 04-09-2012, 07:50 PM

Damn that's a new one

"hello? yeah, I sent in a check for a subscription some time ago and haven't gotten any magazines yet"

"Well Sir, we're not a charity you know"

Old 04-09-2012, 08:05 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
What the hell does that have to do with it. He insulted my state. Is that supposed to be ok just because the Washington Post reported on it?

It was also all over the Boston papers at the time
Your state doesn't need any help to be insulted, you reelected old dead girlfriend Ted until he finally gave up breathing and then drinking.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:06 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Try again. You left out the killing of bin Laden
When a swimmer or runner wins a gold medal they don't give the medal to the coach who told them to go out and run or swim fast. All they did was give an order, someone else actually accomplished what needed to be done.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
When a swimmer or runner wins a gold medal they don't give the medal to the coach who told them to go out and run or swim fast. All they did was give an order, someone else actually accomplished what needed to be done.
No, but if the swimmer or runner is any kind of sports(wo)man they will acknowledge their coaches contribution from the pedestal.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:52 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,447,135 times
Quote:
Damn that's a new one

"hello? yeah, I sent in a check for a subscription some time ago and haven't gotten any magazines yet"

"Well Sir, we're not a charity you know"
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Very poor analogy.

For those 25 years they were covered i.e. 'received the magazines'.
There is a medical/legal definition of 'pre-existing condition'. So either the person did not handle the issue correctly, or legal action is necessary. There are reasons why some of us have multiple lawyers.

My reference was to the hospital as not being a charity. That has nothing to do with the insurance company. We don't provide medical care (which is expensive) for free. If that is the case, then you should be able to get your groceries for free, your car fixed for free... hey, everything for free. Woo hoo! Utopia. Now let's get back to reality. (and an evaluation of reading comprehension)

Old 04-10-2012, 06:16 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
President Romney will be a president that has had success in the financial community, working in the private sector for 25 years. He ran the Olympics and has had experience being a Governor. Obama's experience of being a community organizer, professor and one term senator before being president is pathetic compared to Romney's real world experience.
If he is in support of the private sector, that pretty much tells us exactly where he'd lead this country.

Peace,
brian

Old 04-10-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post

Obama killed bin Laden. Deal with it.

Or did you think that George W. Bush himself personally stopped all those foiled terrorist attacks each and every one he got credit for.

Maybe you also believe that sometime between his swearing in and lunch in the Senate Dining room, or where ever they have that lunch, newly elected President Reagan took a super fast plane to Iran and singlehandedly freed those hostages, for which the right gave him credit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies