Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 07:24 PM

210 posts, read 251,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonYeti View Post
Just report one incident that happened somewhere, by some insane person, and what happens? All of a sudden the other 50 million people of supposedly the same group (50 million is a damn big group) are all guilty. Tell me if that's bullxhit or what.
Haha so true and we are all victims of that. bullxhit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 07:25 PM

478 posts, read 784,458 times
Rush Limbaugh is white, old, ugly and fat ... and so am I. But don't you EVER hold me responsible for what he says.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:36 PM

613 posts, read 759,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Black women are attracted even less to white men, so that's fair. Like, waaaaaaaaaay less.

As for your last paragraph, you might be hard, but others are harder. And that "look in your eyes" is usually an opportunity for someone to test you, not back off from you. Especially since guns are everywhere and dudes will pop you in a minute and go to church 5 minutes later. Better to keep your wits about you like you apparently do, but back off on the bravado. There exists lots of dudes that will wanna see if you are what you say you are, and you'd better be just that. Especially if you're white and in the "ghetto" as you claim. Because if the thing jumps off, you're not getting out alive. Hell no.
Yeah, tough guys get shot first.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:39 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonYeti View Post
Rush Limbaugh is white, old, ugly and fat ... and so am I. But don't you EVER hold me responsible for what he says.
LOL... and don't you dare ever compare me to Dr. Laura, even though we have more than a few things in common!

Old 04-08-2012, 07:42 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,617 times
This story reeks of "freedom of association".

Oh wait, we don't have that freedom anymore.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:52 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
Video footage of black customers being the victims of blatant racism in 2012. But of course let the Right Wing tell it, racism died out in mid 60's with the passing of the Civil Rights Acts

Video
Wow, and after UK just won the NCAA basketball championship and everything.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:03 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Excellent! And one can hear lots of 'done did' and done went'.
ROFL! Yup! They are also places that if you have car trouble, there will be no less than 5 people ready to help you out, and if G-d forbid something happens to you or your family (kidnapped child, deadly cancer, house fire, etc...) they will be the ones to round up a search party, sit with you at the hospital after they brought over food for your family, give you the clothes off their backs, help build you a new house, etc...

Make no mistake, there are parts of my state that I am not happy with, but overall it could be MUCH worse. There are little dive bars all over the country(world) and while most are not the place most would go, some of us feel right at home in them.

My FIL is a bartender at our local dive bar (rated in the top 25 dive bars in America by the Huffington Post, BTW! ), and I love it in there. There is no seperate bathroom for men and women, just one bathroom total; there is seating for maybe 75 on a good day, and they make the BEST burgers and chili outside of someone's home kitchen. It's also my fav go to place to study homework (especially History or Philosophy or Political Science), since the majority of the day crowd are retired and discuss all sorts of things on a daily basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Wow, and after UK just won the NCAA basketball championship and everything.
Not sure what they have to do with each other, but ok?

Old 04-08-2012, 10:07 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Ok, so I found out a bit more about the situation. (Not from the best source mind you, but better than nothing, ya know?!)

Apparently a week or so before this incident (which was this past Thurs BTW), this guy and a few of his friends were in a huge fight with the other patrons, and were accused of either selling drugs or using them on the property. They were asked to leave and they threatened to be back with their friends and tear the place down.

Fast forward to this incident, and they were denied entrance, but later that night after this died down and the guys left, there were patrons of both sexes and all races allowed in with no trouble.

Dunno if I buy it, but I can see how it could be accurate.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Maybe they wouldn't let him in cause dude had on lipstick. (just kidding)

Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I know....it's ok so long as it's a "long going feud" (if they're white).

But yea, sure...it's the exception. But so are the black incidents at the black college weekends in various cities. But we should act as if it's the rule in their case, and not the exception. Right.
No, it is wrong either way and innocent people are at risk. The point is, for the most part there is peace at Sturgis. The reason for the violence was limited to the mongols and hells angels, sort of like how the black underclass ghetto scum causes problems for the rest of the peaceful black community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies