Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 06:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Indeed.They`re afraid of the truths to be found at Drudge,World Nut Daily and the Rev. Moon`s Washington Examiner.
As you certainly well know, Drudge, like World Net Daily, publishes content from many different sources. The so-called "mainstream" media, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC et al, all largely get their content from one source, the AP. This is why there is so little difference from one to the other.

Joseph Farah, of World Net Daily, has been involved in news reporting for many, many years, and has taught journalism as well. His credentials are without question, and his standards the highest.

The state of the "mainstream" media is as low as it has ever been. The recent malpractice in media that has taken place in the Trayvon Martin case, exemplifies the problem.

This week, an NBC producer has been fired, and at Media Matters (funded by George Soros), senior analyst M. J. Rosenberg, after humiliating the organization (mistakenly accusing the Drudge Report for racism in the Martin case), is leaving. Keith Olbermann has been fired from Current TV, as well.

NBC was caught in an edit of a tape, which was intended to pronounce Zimmerman guilty without a trial.
Brian Stelter of The New York Times credits NewsBusters.org for being the first to catch NBC's edit.

Yesterday, a Reuters story credited both Breitbart.com and NewsBusters for bringing the problem to the attention of NBC executives.

It is likely that, if not for conservative new media, the misleading edit, which inflamed racial tensions in the Martin case, and which was repeated by Stetler's own New York Times, would have gone unnoticed and uncorrected.

Read more: Blog: The Left is Losing the Media Wars

If you can find something at World Net Daily that isn't factual, or that misrepresents the facts, let's hear it.

As for the Washington Times (I believe that is what you meant), can you explain why that publication is not credible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 06:09 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
Video footage of black customers being the victims of blatant racism in 2012. But of course let the Right Wing tell it, racism died out in mid 60's with the passing of the Civil Rights Acts

Video
Unbelievable.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:16 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I wasn't "stretching the truth," just threw out a number off the cuff... hence my use of the word approximately. But what difference does it make? Is it any better for you to disparage and stereotype 40% of the population, as opposed to 50%? The logic you display is astounding, LOL.

I've been a member for almost 6 years, including 3+ years as a moderator... and I see these qualities you mentioned from BOTH sides on a regular basis. So methinks you're the one who needs to open your eyes, and stop seeing everything as an "us vs them" kind of deal. And if you want to call somebody else intolerant and one-sided, it might behoove you to stop doing the same exact thing - then you probably wonder why right-wingers are often called hypocrites? I try not to judge like that, but it's getting harder and harder to keep myself from doing so.
Where did I call somebody "intolerant and one-sided?" You're making stuff up again!

Sorry, but you behave like all the rest of the left.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:22 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Its a goof web site( they seem to promote idiot behavior and have very offensive videos with jackasses and thugs ) so its credibility is in question.
Its like a reverse bar scene from " Animal House".

Old 04-08-2012, 06:28 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Well, I could be considered a "minority" but mostly every club, bar and restaurant where you have lots of Blacks and Hispanics, there will always be fights, ignorance, uncivilized behavior and violence.

I live in Iowa, a mostly White state, and we do not have much violence here, mainly because we do not have a large minority population(IMO)

There are quite a few Blacks and Hispanics that are educated, polite and know how to behave but unfortunately, the vast majority DO NOT.

I am not racist, as a matter of fact, some of my best friends are Black, heck, I even had a Black couple over for dinner ONCE, but stereotypes are mostly based/built on facts, and repeated patterns of behavior, as unfair as they may be sometimes.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:36 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
Video footage of black customers being the victims of blatant racism in 2012. But of course let the Right Wing tell it, racism died out in mid 60's with the passing of the Civil Rights Acts

Video
Racism is wrong, but wouldn't it be funny to fin out the owner of this bar is a democrat?

You see, everyone here is screaming, Right wing hate..

[history lesson]
The Right Wing Republicans are the ones who PASSED the Civil Rights Act, while the LEFT WING Democrats tried to prevent it.
[/history lesson]

Old 04-08-2012, 06:38 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
There are quite a few Blacks and Hispanics that are educated, polite and know how to behave but unfortunately, the vast majority DO NOT.

I am not racist ......
Sorry, buddy, that is racist. The vast majority of blacks and hispanics are just like you and me, besides skin color, and most of them stay away from clubs where shenanigans occur.

I guess I know this because I live in a major metropolitan area that is at least 60% minority. If the vast majority, including most of my neighbors, did not behave I would be afraid to leave my home.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:42 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Unbelievable.
Why is it unbelievable?

Old 04-08-2012, 06:42 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
this is not a racial incident.
this is a bar incident
if you wana go to an all black bar u better be a pretty blond.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:43 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Racism is wrong, but wouldn't it be funny to fin out the owner of this bar is a democrat?

You see, everyone here is screaming, Right wing hate..

[history lesson]
The Right Wing Republicans are the ones who PASSED the Civil Rights Act, while the LEFT WING Democrats tried to prevent it.
[/history lesson]
A pretty stupid history lesson. It was conservatives, then divided between both parties, who opposed the Civil Rights Act. Most of them Southern Democrats have since headed over to the GOP.

Let me add , IMO, there were legitimate constitutional reasons to oppose the 1964 act, I believe Goldwater was right when he voted against it based on constitutional grounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies