Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:11 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

On another thread, I posted my person opinion that I am morally opposed to abortion and that I would advise any women in most circumstances to seriously consider adoption or explain my feelings about the absolute joy of being a parent, something that only comes as a result of bonding with your child.

So I ask, if those who abortion, especially from a Christian view point, not act in a more Christian manner in their efforts to end abortion. Instead of yelling and screaming at women in front of abortion clinics, how about a displays of empathy, expressions that recognize the real and perceived emotional and financial obstacles that these women feel. Why do anti-abortion activist insist on displaying graphic images when anyone with half a mind should realize as being totally counter productive.

Why instead of spending millions of dollars lobbying for draconian laws, and campaigns for politicians to use the force of government to dictate a deeply personal decision?

Why not use that money to lobby for more liberal adoption laws, prenatal care, and campaigns that demonstrate that you understand the dilemma that these women face?

And lastly where are the expressions of Christian empathy and forgiveness, instead of condemnation for women who find themselves in such a predicament?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 04:15 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
On another thread, I posted my person opinion that I am morally opposed to abortion and that I would advise any women in most circumstances to seriously consider adoption or explain my feelings about the absolute joy of being a parent, something that only comes as a result of bonding with your child.

So I ask, if those who abortion, especially from a Christian view point, not act in a more Christian manner in their efforts to end abortion. Instead of yelling and screaming at women in front of abortion clinics, how about a displays of empathy, expressions that recognize the real and perceived emotional and financial obstacles that these women feel. Why do anti-abortion activist insist on displaying graphic images when anyone with half a mind should realize as being totally counter productive.

Why instead of spending millions of dollars lobbying for draconian laws, and campaigns for politicians to use the force of government to dictate a deeply personal decision?

Why not use that money to lobby for more liberal adoption laws, prenatal care, and campaigns that demonstrate that you understand the dilemma that these women face?

And lastly where are the expressions of Christian empathy and forgiveness, instead of condemnation for women who find themselves in such a predicament?

The majority of we believers that abhor the torturous murder that abortion is, except in the most early abortions and it's truly just cells...we haven't stood in front of even one clinic and protested abortion.

Please don't assume that the majority of us lack empathy, true love and caring, etc...for the women that still give-in to abortion. Many of us have done the same thing. I committed it in the seventies. Thank God I have lived long enough to abhor my past actions and not deny how wrong they were. *("they" meaning I did a lot more wrong than just abortion)

Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Gets popcorn, settles in.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
[b][color=sienna]
...we haven't stood in front of even one clinic and protested abortion.
Then it should be obvious that the question wasn't addressed to you, unless of course you donate money or support to anti-abortion groups that employ these methods or who promote the draconian and counter productive legislation such as intrusive sonograms.

And while you are hear, would you care to address any of the brief alternatives that I suggested that the anti-abortion community pursue?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:36 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Quickly, yes! many of we christians donate to churches that provide a new mom with diapers, food, etc. Some are big enough churches that they, in turn donate to homes for unwed mothers.

Many of us not only vote but lobby our elected representatives for things such as you noted.

After I had my abortion, of all people a nurse in my family doctor's office (personal friend of my daddy's, too...the doc was) told me that she wished I had come to them before my abortion. She said she and her hubby were quite capable of raising another child and that she would have adopted my baby--seriously.)

We still have many wonderful folks like that in our nation.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Quickly, yes! many of we christians donate to churches that provide a new mom with diapers, food, etc. Some are big enough churches that they, in turn donate to homes for unwed mothers.

Many of us not only vote but lobby our elected representatives for things such as you noted.

After I had my abortion, of all people a nurse in my family doctor's office (personal friend of my daddy's, too...the doc was) told me that she wished I had come to them before my abortion. She said she and her hubby were quite capable of raising another child and that she would have adopted my baby--seriously.)

We still have many wonderful folks like that in our nation.
Again Sunny, you aren't the folks this question is being asked of. Although I appreciate your helping to keep it afloat.

PS - why do folks insist on writing in different colors?

Old 04-03-2012, 06:17 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Meh, I've seen this movie way too many times and it always ends the same way.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Meh, I've seen this movie way too many times and it always ends the same way.
Yahhawwwnnnn, Yup, I'm over it. Time and again someone like the OP ask the same question over and over and over again. And guess what, the answer hasn't changed

Old 04-03-2012, 06:26 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
I'm not one of those persons who feels the need to stand in front of a clinic with graphic pictures and posters. That's not my style in the least. But I don't begrudge those who are very passionate about the cause. Especially when 49% of abortion seekers have had multiple abortions. This statistic proves that the pro-abortioners are using abortion as a method of birth control.

In that realm, no empathy or sympathy or compassion is needed. Instead, graphic posters, bullhorns, rants, chants, finger-pointing, and every non-violent method available to draw attention to the abhorrent behavior of these women (and men) is fair game in my view.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:31 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
99.95% are NOT due to rape, incest or the life and death issues of the mother. It is about selfishness and that is why the government should stay out of funding 99.95% of them IMO.

Quote:
What money? What do you mean by more liberal adoption laws?
Children have to be safe.
Do you want as example people with transgendered issues (who about half the time try and commit suicide) raising a child out of political correctness?

After the first, if they have no means to pay, how about they get very little great society bucks unless they take a ten year implant (which they can remove when they become productive parts of our society)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies