Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 11:39 AM

46,947 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
When rush quoted the la times who are the ones who used the term magic negro the left crucified rush
Ehm - he wasn't quoting an article with journalistic intent, he had somebody write a song with those lyrics. (Not that he'd know journalistic intent if it bit him on his ample .ss.) One is an act of reporting, the other is a standard Limbaugh attempt to appeal to the worst in his audience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
under current PC rules, the racial slur is acceptable if said by AA, its not what is said its who said it.
as to face book-- nobody should post anything on facebook except comments about the weather.
it should be renamed, national HR prescreening service.
keyboards, like firearms in the home, are dangerous, they invite drunk use late at night. both should be locked up after 10 pm.
they should both be locked up under key by the designated sane person in your home.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What about the guy breaking in and then threatening I am going to settle it. He wasn't the aggressor?
[SIZE=5]On April 5, 2010, Carl England, 47, showed up at the apartment complex where his daughter lived with her boyfriend. The boyfriend had gotten into a fight Pernell Jefferson, 40, and had hit him with a baseball bat, the Tulsa World reported at the time.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Jefferson, who had been in prison on drug and weapons charges, then tried to break into the couple's apartment but left, saying he planned to 'settle the dispute.'[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]England and his daughter's boyfriend went looking for Jefferson at the apartment complex. When the found him, England hit him with a stick and knocked him to the ground. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Jefferson pulled out a gun and shot England in the chest, the World reported, killing him.[/SIZE]

Read more: Tulsa shootings: Gunman 'shot 5 black victims in Good Friday rampage' | Mail Online

Read it again. Whatever Jefferson had said before, in this particular confrontation, England and his daughter's boyfriend went looking for Jefferson, England knocked Jefferson down with a stick, and it was only after being knocked down with the stick that England wielded that Jefferson shot England.

From what I can tell, Jefferson may have only been charged with being unlawfully in possession of a firearm. If this had happened in Florida Jefferson's act of shooting England would probably have been lawful under "Stand Your Ground".

Do you know many people who would not feel justified in shooting someone who was standing over them holding the stick he had just used to knock him down?

Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
They're every bit as reliable as the Blaze, probably moreso. They were the first links that popped up about that particulary story, other than youtube videos which I refuse to consider news sources no matter who does them. The last two links are not from MM.
I agree with you about youtube, but Media Matters..... again don't delude yourself.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:51 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
This just shows a complete lack of class. She didn't have to read the FB entry verbatim, she could have given the gist of it and stated that it included a derogatory racial slur.

What I love is that she said it but they blurred it out on screen. What's the damn point? She SAID it!

Old 04-09-2012, 11:56 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
so fail. lol she could have censored herself. adults aren't stupid

Old 04-09-2012, 12:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Fox has never made up anything. Those who think they have are too stupid to comprehend what 'We Report, You Decide' means.

Dummies, all.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Got it wrong again.
That's what happens when you read the partisan Blaze.
Think you might have learned that the other times it's been pointed out to you.

At best your topic is intended to incite.

Quote:
Oh yeah Media Matters. Lol. An organization run by George Soros. That's reliable. I think id listen to msnbc first, oh wait they're run by Media Matters so they are just as unreliable.
Might I suggest that you simply google "Fox sues to lie" or "Akre" and/or "Wilson" - you can find links until your heart's content, or not. Just because you don't like the source doesn't make a statement false.

Quote:
As I said in another thread. "Its sad that humans can do this to eachother." We are all human yet we have a problem treating eachother as such. I am not trying to start a race war. But I do hate that word. And yes I think Media Matters is a waste of space. The poster that I was commenting on it loves to bash the Blaze for being "unreliable" yet she uses an unreliable source that is actually unreliable.
You keep telling others not to delude themselves, yet provide no reason for anyone to believe you are not just repeating talking points. How about some proof that MM is not credible?
Or should I take your word as truth?

Last edited by chielgirl; 04-09-2012 at 12:21 PM..

Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Got it wrong again.
how did that poster 'get it wrong'?

Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Got it wrong again.
Think you might have learned that the other times it's been pointed out to you.

At best your topic is intended to incite.

Might I suggest that you simply google "Fox sues to lie" or "Akre" and/or "Wilson" - you can find links until your heart's content, or not. Just because you don't like the source doesn't make a statement false.

You keep telling others not to delude themselves, yet provide no reason for anyone to believe you are not just repeating talking points. How about some proof that MM is not credible?
Or should I take your word as truth?
You don't have to believe anything. Why don't you goggle "media matters lies" and see what you come up with. Just because you don't like the Blaze.doesn't make them liars. How bout some proof that the Blaze is not credible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies