Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 12:32 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
What's wrong, couldn't answer the question on my other thread so you had to come "run your mouth" on this one? What am I wrong about? And again, not trying to incite anything, just posting a story like EVERY OTHER POSTER ON CD! What makes this different?
What other thread?
Do you really think I seek you and your wisdom out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 12:33 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how did that poster 'get it wrong'?
If I said that it was cold in Antarctica she would say I was wrong.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:36 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What other thread?
Do you really think I seek you and your wisdom out?
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-sing-god.html

Old 04-09-2012, 01:55 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I don't doubt that the 19-year-old shooter, if he is guilty, feels bad about the death of his father. If you read the news reports, though, it sounds as though the father was the aggressor in the confrontation that resulted in his death.

Either way, if he was killing random black people as a way to get revenge because a black person killed his father that would justify the conclusion that the killings were racially motivated?

Does anyone disagree?
An eye for an eye is not racial. It is the source of the pain to what precipitated that anger.

If a pit bull attacked a child and killed it, and the father took it upon himself to shoot another pit bull in his future ,because the pit bull that killed his child was not put down and lived it is a source of anger toward that entity.

Many would call it racism,but I don't.. it is close but it is more out of control anger more than anything else. The guy was a loose cannon because of his anger and pain. He also saw his girlfriend commit suicide 6 months ago so that really must have put him way over the edge into mental anguish.

Racism I believe is without anger. It is felt as more of a unfounded hatred because of the color of ones skin. racism I believe is more sadistic in nature and is sick to the core.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:11 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
An eye for an eye is not racial. It is the source of the pain to what precipitated that anger.

If a pit bull attacked a child and killed it, and the father took it upon himself to shoot another pit bull in his future ,because the pit bull that killed his child was not put down and lived it is a source of anger toward that entity.

Many would call it racism,but I don't.. it is close but it is more out of control anger more than anything else. The guy was a loose cannon because of his anger and pain. He also saw his girlfriend commit suicide 6 months ago so that really must have put him way over the edge into mental anguish.

Racism I believe is without anger. It is felt as more of a unfounded hatred because of the color of ones skin. racism I believe is more sadistic in nature and is sick to the core.
You're aware that none of the people he allegedly shot had anything to do with his father's death, right? Associating them with the person who killed his father is racial.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:38 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
Why would she say that, knowing she was on live Tv?
Your remarks give me the impression you either didn't read the story or didn't view the video clip. The answer to your question is pretty clear. Good for the reporter, and CNN, for laying the facts out there for people to make up their own minds.

Quote:
she did warn people that she would be using “sensitive” language.
Of course, the racists are uncomfortable having the light shone on their ilk. That, too, is easy to understand (why).

Old 04-09-2012, 03:11 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
You don't have to believe anything. Why don't you goggle "media matters lies" and see what you come up with. Just because you don't like the Blaze.doesn't make them liars. How bout some proof that the Blaze is not credible.
Media Matters just got caught slamming Matt Drudge, saying that Drudge posted a pic that they did not post, It was actually someone else that used the picture they were referring to, I was impressed they did apologize.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Good. News should never be censored, in my opinion.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:21 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
If I said that it was cold in Antarctica she would say I was wrong.
that's extremely likely.
i notice that she completely avoided answering either your, or my question as to how you were 'wrong.'

very telling..

Old 04-09-2012, 03:31 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
This is silly. Of course, she knew. She is reporting the news. She gave a warning. Big Deal.

I don't doubt these kind of things get hyped. The news tends to talk about the murders etc... when they account for very little actual crime, just high drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies