Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 02:08 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,810 times

Advertisements

Thanks to the Teachers' Union. The mayor says his hands are tied. The School Chancellor apparently recognizes that they don't belong on the payroll let alone in the classroom, something any sane parent would agree with; yet no one can do anything. These creeps, with their pervy behavior are back in the classroom because, I guess they are not the worst of the worse and decisions in arbitration are apparently made on a curve in order to appease the unions.

"As I was reviewing these cases, I said, 'Huh? How could this person go back to the classroom?" chancellor Dennis Walcott tells the New York Times. "It's very frustrating." Two of the 16 teachers have been shifted to desk duty in the past month after yet more allegations of wrongdoing, but the rest are still in contact with students." (emphasis added)

16 NY Teachers Keep Jobs Despite Sex Allegations - Court prevents New York from firing teacher who bent student over a desk

"On Friday, The News exposed city teachers who were accused of serious classroom offenses but kept on the payroll because state arbitrators said they couldn’t be fired."

"One male instructor allegedly bent a boy over a chair and said, “I’ll show you what is gay,” while thrusting into him from behind. Another is accused of telling a student, “If it’s not going to get me in trouble, I would kiss you.” Others allegedly touched kids and followed them home."

"The mayor said he had little control over firing teachers for misconduct because their punishments are decided by the hearing officers, who are chosen by the city and the teachers union."

Read more: Creepy teachers allowed to keep jobs - 'I don't regret any of those decisions,' says state arbitrator * - NY Daily News

"Chancellor Dennis Walcott had identified the 16 as having been worthy of dismissal when he reviewed disciplinary cases in the wake of the arrests of several school staff members. His judgment was dead-on right, a conclusion any parent would agree with after reading the documents."

"The insanity is neatly encapsulated in the action of one employment arbitrator who issued a reprimand to a teacher rather than a termination notice with the immortal words: “Respondent’s actions at best give the appearance of impropriety and at worst suggest pedophilia.” (emphasis added)

"Still more outrageous, two of the wrist-slapped miscreants have been hit with new charges."
[/b]

Read more: Pervy teachers must get the boot, even though arbitrators let them keep their jobs - NY Daily News

Why do parents put up with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies