Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:43 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Actually, no matter how you look at it, this nation will eventually grow up to adopt "Obama Care" (the current version ain't it, considering it isn't what Obama wanted).
Absolutely!
So many here are brainwashed into thinking that the current bill is Obama's idea and his alone........... NOT True!
This is like when he extended the tax cuts.... he had to do it or hurt the lower payed and poorer Americans.
This Health Bill is the same....... he had to make changes to what he wanted to make sure the bill passed through Congress otherwise health care here would stay exactly the same.... The wealthy and Healthy get great plans while the people with illnesses who really need health care get refused, kicked off or just cannot afford the extremely high premiums.
Not sure why some American's have spent sooooo much effort convincing people here that everyone getting health care in the USA is a bad thing.
Love the argument against a UHC..... "i'm not paying for other people" when with the current system, not only do they pay for every person who makes a claim with their Insurance company by premiums going up but they also pay for others who use ER's or Medicare/ aid or vet treatments etc etc............. Hey why pay for one system when you can pay more for a few systems............ now that's clever............ NOT....lmao.
Hopefully this affordable health care act will be the first step towards a exemplary top notch National health care system and not the rationed for profit awful private based health care rip off that we have now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 10:44 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insofaras View Post
errrr....

how, exactly?
Um...did you red it?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Why is it Obama Care when Obama Care would have been about public option, if not single payer system? It is technically, Republican-Care from the 1990s which leaves insurance companies to dictate health care access and prices (for most part).
You know the leftist fanatics are running out of excuses to defend Obamacare, when they fall back to blaming Republicans for it.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I would prefer to buy health insurance, like flood insurance, from the Federal Government than from any private company. As the government does not have to pay huge executive salaries or stock holders profits it can provide more for less.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
You know the leftist fanatics are running out of excuses to defend Obamacare, when they fall back to blaming Republicans for it.
Sorry i didn't realise that a plan that was almost the same as a Republican health plan (Romney care) and was only passed by Congress when the bill became a virtual Romney Plan copy was ALL Obama's fault?????

Old 04-10-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would prefer to buy health insurance, like flood insurance, from the Federal Government than from any private company. As the government does not have to pay huge executive salaries or stock holders profits it can provide more for less.

Nope, they just throw $800,000 parties....oh I mean educational parties...

Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Absolutely and this has been proved all over the World that a Govt. funded plan works far better for everyone and is cheaper per capita than our current greed led health scheme in the USA.
WE vote our Govt in to make sure that the welfare of all Americans is NOT abused by a minority who happen to be either more powerful or wealthier than everyday American's.
America is now the only Country left in the Industrialised World where Insurance companies have free reign to abuse people and the insurance Companies and Banks etc are going to make sure they take avantage of their last "sanctum" and get every last "drop of blood" from American's with every tactic known to man. Unfortunately many American's are like abused children who defend their abusive "parents" as that is all they know.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:02 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I don't expect you right wing extremists to recognize that what you call Obama Care is technically Romney Care, you know, named after the current darling of the right wingers.

CATO Institute (2011) - Can Mitt Romney Escape His Romneycare Albatross

Pretty much the same arguments being made against ACA were made against RomneyCare...

CATO Institute (2006) - Why Governor Romney's Healthcare Plan Won't Work

Aah, but here is something I don't expect you to get after you kept screaming how Obama was pushing for Single Payer System via his Public Option. THAT, my "conservative" friend, would have been what I would call ObamaCare, and guess what... it is inevitable. The Supreme Court just may lay the foundation for it with its decision. It may not happen tomorrow, but it will happen. Count on it. I would bet on it.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, they just throw $800,000 parties....oh I mean educational parties...
You mean like the huge bonuses given to the execs in the Insurance Companies and Banks when their Companies failed.... eg..............
Washington mutual bank went under but the CEO, who had worked their for 18 days got a bonus of $40,000,000............
These behaiours are wrong whether by sections of Govt. or in the Private sector but we can, at least, get change in the Govt. abuses as they do have accountability when these issues come to light....... Private Corporations only try to please their stock holders and execs........... NO real say by the everyday Americans at all.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
You mean like the huge bonuses given to the execs in the Insurance Companies and Banks when their Companies failed.... eg..............
Washington mutual bank went under but the CEO, who had worked their for 18 days got a bonus of $40,000,000............
These behaiours are wrong whether by sections of Govt. or in the Private sector but we can, at least, get change in the Govt. abuses as they do have accountability when these issues come to light....... Private Corporations only try to please their stock holders and execs........... NO real say by the everyday Americans at all.
Say what you want, that lady who said "my speacialty is drinking margarities", that was mine and your dime paying for that."

And let me inform you of something that is not really known, all the SES and senior GS14 and GS15, they get quaterly bonuses.....between 10-20% of there pay....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies