Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 03:35 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times

Advertisements

We took a ski trip to Colorado a few years back. We were visiting Boulder and I thought we stumbled across the largest Subaru dealer on the planet - almost every car was a Subaru. :grin:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 05:41 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
These Liberals always drive these gay cars, like a Mini, Fiat 500 or these cute little cars the size of a matchbox, as if they are making a statement

I wonder what would happen if they ever got hit by a semi going 60 mph.

A lot of dumb Republicans think that driving a Suburban is something like making a statement, look at me, I spend 150 bucks everytime I fill up my tank, aren't you jealous?

I drive a pick up truck (F-150) and it is a middle of the road truck, very reliable, and it serves a purpose, it has a bed to haul stuff, and economical.

I recommend the book, the "Millionaire Next Door", a lot of people believe that wealthy people drive expensive cars, but in reality, most millionaires drive a F-150 according to the author of the book.
I bought a Cooper Clubman because it's a great sports car that can hold a lot of stuff. It gets about 30 mpg at 90 mph, and about 34 if I drive it sanely, has 6 airbags and a good crash record, and goes around 450 miles on a 13 gallon tank. I typically drive it around town a month before it needs more gas.

And girls of any age love it. I'm 67, and my 50 year old girl friend likes it more than her Corvette. (and she pushes it a lot harder when she drives it.)

I didn't buy it to make a statement- I got it because it's a great driver, and is super cheap at the gas pump. But if that's a statement of some kind, that's OK with me.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:19 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,661 times
I see that liberals are not buying the Volt, but they have no problem telling everyone what a great car it is.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:31 PM

93 posts, read 71,716 times
Nothing like the sight of a conservative rattling on about America's inherent superiority whilst driving a 70K German car.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:32 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor2483 View Post
Nothing like the sight of a conservative rattling on about America's inherent superiority whilst driving a 70K German car.
Or democrats complaining about the loss of jobs as they drive a Honda.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
We took a ski trip to Colorado a few years back. We were visiting Boulder and I thought we stumbled across the largest Subaru dealer on the planet - almost every car was a Subaru. :grin:
In fairness to us Boulderites, that's mostly because we have some of the most treacherous driving conditions...anywhere, if you spend time in the mountains.

The only AWD that is the vicinity of Subaru is Audi, and they are unreliable, overpriced and generally poor values.

I have really no choice but to drive a hideous Outback, myself.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Or democrats complaining about the loss of jobs as they drive a Honda.
Well, Honda's are made in the USA for the most part.

But I see your point and agree.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:57 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor2483 View Post
In fairness to us Boulderites, that's mostly because we have some of the most treacherous driving conditions...anywhere, if you spend time in the mountains.

The only AWD that is the vicinity of Subaru is Audi, and they are unreliable, overpriced and generally poor values.

I have really no choice but to drive a hideous Outback, myself.
I'm just teasing, of course. Subarus are actually great cars regardless of your ideology. By the way, I have an A6 and I love it. It was pricy but not that much more than others in the class.

One of my favorite cars was actually a Volvo, which must be on the liberal list somewhere. It had world-class seats and comfort even if it was a bit anemic.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:07 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Republicans don't drive cool cars, they drive dorkmobiles like Escalades and Lincoln Navigators.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:09 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
I wish this had never been published. Yesterday I saw a woman driving a Mustang convertible and immediately profiled her as being a Republican. I hate myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies