Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:09 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I find myself agreeing with you always. Thru no fault of his own, he is child-like, someone who has got to have his way. Or else. Agree with me and my policies, or you will pay. That is a bully is it not.
A man that cannot admit he is not pefect has a problem with and in himself. His problem is to put his errors of judgement, on a past Preisdent, which at this point in his presidency, is plain ignorant and a joke. Only the ignorant will buy this.
He is very juvenile, for it is perfecly acceptable for him to poke fun at others, and the opposing side, but do unto others as they do you, does not apply with this administration.
i couldnt rep you again. i agree with you, and others, that obama is in his late forties going on age six.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
What happened to "Change"?
i have some in my change bottle, not much though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteBlue View Post
Here's the chief difference between the Obama and Bush Administrations on this one -- Obama's Administration actually fired people in GSA when this ridiculous spending came to light. Contrast that Brownie doing a heck of a job with FEMA during Katrina.
normally you liberals make apples and oranges comparisons, but in this case the comparison is between apples, and something not even considered food. try reading up on the true sequence of events after hurricane katrina, and get an education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
The editorial, not news, but editorial, notes both that the money used at the convention had been set at this level during W's administration. Thus, conventions of this type would have happened all the way to the Bush administration. Should you be mad at this instance, then you should be pissed off at previous administrations, no?

Thus, the Bush administration gets the blame for letting it get this bad and for having the GSA have lavish conferences and nobody catching that they were over spending. The Obama administration gets the blame for not catching that they were overspending. Both get blame, but the increase occurred under the former, so they should get a little more.
yes GSA convention spending did go up during the bush administration, however it was for NATIONAL conventions, not regional ones, thus many more people were at the national conventions. the regional convention at las vegas was 320 people, and nearly $1 million was spent lavishly. the national conventions were no where near as lavish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 11:20 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
From the linked to story:

"President Obama could have shown strength by pointing to strong measures his administration had taken to discipline the GSA leaders and to ensure this would never happen again."

Did Fox News Buy Yahoo??

Oh, I get it...

The author is:

L. Vincent Poupard whose journalistic credits include having; "won a “YCA Article of the Year Award” for his 2010 interview with comic book legend Stan Lee and the “YCA Local Writer Award” for excellence in local coverage in the Metro Detroit area. He is a Featured Contributor in Arts & Entertainment and Travel."

Which is why he missed this little item:

"As of Wednesday morning, a total of eight GSA employees had been disciplined, fired or resigned in connection to the scandal."

GSA spending scandal will be dissected by lawmakers during next week's hearings - ABC News

Old 04-14-2012, 11:22 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
from the linked to story:

"president obama could have shown strength by pointing to strong measures his administration had taken to discipline the gsa leaders and to ensure this would never happen again."

did fox news buy yahoo??

Oh, i get it...

The author is:

L. Vincent poupard whose journalistic credits include having; "won a “yca article of the year award” for his 2010 interview with comic book legend stan lee and the “yca local writer award” for excellence in local coverage in the metro detroit area. He is a featured contributor in arts & entertainment and travel."

which is why he missed this little item:

"as of wednesday morning, a total of eight gsa employees had been disciplined, fired or resigned in connection to the scandal."

gsa spending scandal will be dissected by lawmakers during next week's hearings - abc news

lol.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:44 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
It's hard to debate someone who has reading comprehension issues. Try again: Who was in control of Congress when things went South? Why do I think Obama is the worst POTUS of all time? That's easy. Here's one example.

Review & Outlook: $5 Trillion and Change - WSJ.com

We agree on a lot more than just Obama I see. BTW: if you think it takes a set to post on some forum I feel very sad for you.....
So if it was Congress's fault and not Bush's fault back then, how is it Obama's fault now and not Congress?

Old 04-14-2012, 12:18 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Sorry, but the passage of time does not diminish the absolutely stench that Bush represents. The man stunk up the joint something fierce and you Pubs cannot get rid of the smell by simply pretending it no longer exists.

President Obama inherited a collosal mess courtesy of Republicans and Bush. This will never be forgotten. Also not forgotten is the role that the Republicans in Congress have played to hamper this President simply for the sake of giving the appearance like the problems that Bush created are Obama's doing. Not working.

Enjoy President Obama's second term. He holds the superior position.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:27 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So if it was Congress's fault and not Bush's fault back then, how is it Obama's fault now and not Congress?
That's because some people are partisan, make up their minds based on emotion and then nitpick about whatever details they can find in a failed attempt to provide some justification for what they are saying.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:09 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
If by his record you blame him for the state of the economy when he took over then sure. If you think rationally, then probably not. Feel free to outline what, other than health reform, McCain would have done differently. Also, who was in control of the house, senate and Presidency for 6/8 years leading up to the collapse of the economy.

It's a political forum here. You need to back up your ideas with something or people like me are going to call you on it.

I blame Obama for his ineffectiveness sine he took office. If you want to keep playing the Blame Bush game please feel free to outline exactly what Bush did to crash the ecomony and back it up with data.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:12 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Read the link I posted. BTW: Who controlled Congress for Obozo's first two years?

Old 04-16-2012, 06:20 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The term Man-Child so aptly fits Barack Obama. Even I have trouble consuming this not-so-subtle-yet-right-on-the-mark description of the guy. It's pretty troubling how juvenile he really is.
Try not to be to hard on our Pig-In-Chief.

He's all tuckered out from golf and vacays.

As for America's future.....

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Some people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way you can understand them. This quote came from the Czech Republic . Someone over there has it figured out.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:31 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
I blame Obama for his ineffectiveness sine he took office. If you want to keep playing the Blame Bush game please feel free to outline exactly what Bush did to crash the ecomony and back it up with data.
The GSA has a bit of history, even before Obama.

GSA has history of controversies - The Federal Eye - The Washington Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies