Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 08:05 AM

76,873 posts, read 47,170,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
This is purely an economic decision, and the article makes it clear. Find some other fodder for your alarmist rant.
Sure seems like it's all about money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 08:09 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,497,638 times
The biggest clue a person can give that said person has never been to Europe or knows not one person who lives there is when they say the Muslims are taking over Europe and Europe is going down the toilet.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:40 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,775,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulhall View Post
Real Madrid are only removing the cross in respect of promotional material for the clubs $1 Billion Real Madrid Resort Island being built in the United Arab Emirates. The Cross will not be removed in terms of the clubs home logo in Spain.

Real Madrid make small but deliberate change to their crest for UAE resort island partnership | Dirty Tackle - Yahoo! Sports
I see, so the dhimmification is conditional, right?

Old 04-10-2012, 09:52 AM

4,321 posts, read 5,106,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Here's some insight:

Multiculturalism doesnt work
Okay, so what are the alternatives? Most every country in massive, bloody civil wars? Or a world full of refugees moving undercover forever? (perhaps in your back yard). Or a holocaust?

What is your insight? This is typical Conservative logic, just moan about a changed world that you hate and don't understand, and can't keep up with. I'd say to try to move to Scandinavia, but a Conservative American (ie. redneck) will not fit in any better up there than the handful of Muslims.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:26 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,649,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Okay, so what are the alternatives? Most every country in massive, bloody civil wars? Or a world full of refugees moving undercover forever? (perhaps in your back yard). Or a holocaust?

What is your insight? This is typical Conservative logic, just moan about a changed world that you hate and don't understand, and can't keep up with. I'd say to try to move to Scandinavia, but a Conservative American (ie. redneck) will not fit in any better up there than the handful of Muslims.

Easy. Europe shouldnt have to change and pander to others...they should pander and change for Europe

Dont like the cross? Go back to where you came from

Just like if I dont like the Koran or their beliefs, I wouldnt move there or demand change there

Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 AM

692 posts, read 1,350,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I am not really interested in what Real Madrid decide in relation to a resort in the UAE, which is in the middle east.

The club is still keeping it's traditional emblem, apart from promotional material related to this UAE project.

I also don't think Europe is that liberal, the French recently banned Muslim Veils and Headscarfs, and Europe has seen a rise of the political right in recent years.

Muslims often have a lot less freedoms in Europe than they do in the US.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:01 AM

46,757 posts, read 25,681,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
WHat on Earth are you talking about? They're opening a resort and avoiding imagery that may turn off the locals. It's not exactly rocket science.

Kee-rist, the stuff that people find to get upset about.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:02 AM

46,757 posts, read 25,681,251 times
Quote:
Easy. Europe shouldnt have to change and pander to others...they should pander and change for Europe

Just like if I dont like the Koran or their beliefs, I wouldnt move there or demand change there
You are aware that this is about Europeans opening a resort in the UAE, right? Real Madrid are the guests, here.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:02 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,000,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Good lord EdwardA! what mind shattering insight.
Yea, very original thought. LMAO.

Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:15 AM

4,321 posts, read 5,106,457 times
Quote:

This solves multi-culturalism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies