Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 06:13 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,319,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Are you saying that an armchair or laptop is worth more than a child's life??????

Wow.

Peace,
brian
Brian: Unfortunately criminals have proven time and again that to them an armchair or laptop is worth more than a life since they are willing to kill innocent people to steal them. Having said that, I govern myself and prepare accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 06:23 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,776,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This is so funny.... see my post about

North Richland Hills woman shot and killed in her home | www.pegasusnews.com | Dallas/Fort Worth

This 68yo lady was in one of the nicest and safest areas of DFW. She and her home was randomly picked by some gangbanger looking for a kill.

You need to leave the country and live somewhere safe like.... er, can't think of any.
I don't worry about gang bangers...In Canada they are separated by a class structure...They reside for instance in Toronto at the extreme west and east sides of the city....

They rarely wander into the civilized sections and if they do...they feel ashamed when they see bright people getting along..for the most part..our court system slowly genocides them...Years ago if you were caught with a hand gun...it was obvious you were prepared to kill...YOU never made bail....

Times have changed...now if you are black and get caught with a gun..they release you--- I suspect that the purpose of this tacit policy is so that blacks with warped leadership qualities will kill more blacks...it's a shifty and quiet way of getting rid of them..

When I lived for a short time in a gang area...I tried to explain to some of the older guys that our judges are allowing you to kill each other...so behave...

Old 04-11-2012, 06:44 AM

Hand guns in CANADA...then and now..My father in law was a former cop...He drank himself to death..After he was gone...I had to empty the house of all fire arms..for a while we toyed with an old revolver and took it out to the back forty .....we were terrified to transport the gun..because our laws are so tough that it's not worth it...few have permits....finally I hand the piece over to police and got rid of it..

Hand guns are under very strict control here..At one time only police had them...but over the years they have increased...all shipped up from the states...now we are just starting to have a problem...mostly due to bad immigration policy that foolishly imported a criminal element from Jamaica and other places where crime is more established......You have to give it some thought when you import people...our authorities were overly liberal and overly kind to some of the wrong people.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:45 AM

17,386 posts, read 11,908,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I'm sure if the homeowner said "I have a gun" and shot a warning, they would have run away. Then the police could deal with them. I would only take a life if I thought there was no other choice. Then I'd pray for forgiveness. I guess all the good Christians who support gun violence forgot one of the Commandments. At least in this case, the man was in his own home. I'm not psychic, but every bone in my body tells me Rakin was referring to the Zimmerman-Martin case. The difference is, that teenager who was shot wasn't breaking into the shooter's house.

Still, I can't understand how people can have such a cavalier attitude when a 14 year old is shot to death. I can only speak for me, but it makes me sad when any life is taken.
So you'd give the unknown criminal breaking into your home the opportunity to get in the first shot? So they could run away to break into someone else's house, and steal from them? The "warning" was the locked front door and the fact that it wasn't the criminal's house. That kid took a risk, and it didn't pay off in this case.

This makes me sad, too. Sad that this "kid" was well on his way to a life of crime.

Bringing in your Christian-hating bias is interesting. I guess if you have NO morals, it's OK to commit crimes? This wasn't gun violence, it was self defense. And I'm sure you're just as critical of the non-Christian gang bangers that shoot innocent citizens every day. I just can't seem to find where you've taken the time to vilify them. Can you show me where you've done that?

Old 04-11-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So you'd give the unknown criminal breaking into your home the opportunity to get in the first shot? So they could run away to break into someone else's house, and steal from them? The "warning" was the locked front door and the fact that it wasn't the criminal's house. That kid took a risk, and it didn't pay off in this case.

This makes me sad, too. Sad that this "kid" was well on his way to a life of crime.

Bringing in your Christian-hating bias is interesting. I guess if you have NO morals, it's OK to commit crimes? This wasn't gun violence, it was self defense. And I'm sure you're just as critical of the non-Christian gang bangers that shoot innocent citizens every day. I just can't seem to find where you've taken the time to vilify them. Can you show me where you've done that?
AMERICAN right to deadly weapons is a good thing..Originally the idea was to have the force to remove a corrupt government...now the concept has been twisted and degraded into having the power to remove each other....seems like the whole idea has imploded on it self.

The problem is that citizens do not trust the government...or police to fully protect them and to keep order...so now you have millions of untrained civilians playing law enforcer...Maybe guys like Zimmerman are typical and not the exception...I really don't know how America can save and civilize itself...

It seems evident that your government does not have the will to protect it's citizens and you are on your own........That is not a government...a government must love the people...they don't love anyone.....and stand by and watch the nation police itself.....You need reform....Think of the governor on an engine...it is there to make sure a motor does not over rev and burn out....at present your national motor is running at high speed with out someone having the common sense or care to add a little oil and slow it down.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:48 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,825,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Are you saying that an armchair or laptop is worth more than a child's life??????

Wow.

Peace,
brian
Children don't get together and form a plan to kick in the back door of someone's home.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:59 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,825,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
First of all I would not live in an area or country where people go about kicking your door in..I avoid and go around such things..If parts of America are so degraded that this stuff is common and you have to be hyper vigilant all the time and need a gun by your side...that is a sad state of affairs and on the verge of being a failed state.
Yes, yes you do and you're either lying about it or you're too naive to admit it. I assure you that in the last month or 2 someone in your "area" has been arrested for kicking in someone's door or someone reported that their door was kicked in.

All that BS about lead weighted, leather strap weapons sounds great and I'm sure it makes you feel superior to type all that crap out but truly intelligent people advance with the times and they use the most efficient means of defending themselves available. Those means usually leave them in the least about of harm while using said means of self defense.

It's extremely stupid to believe that swinging some hand held weapon trying to make physical contact is somehow better or safer than someone using a firearm to defend their home.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 AM

23,536 posts, read 23,870,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I'm sure if the homeowner said "I have a gun" and shot a warning
There's no such thing as a "warning shot" in real life. If you pull the trigger, it's out of necessity. Period.

You've been watching too many movies.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,314,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
I thought the thread was about a teen getting shot during a home invasion, because that's what the title says.

The tendency to refer to what used to be known as "burglary" as "home invasion" has contributed to an increase in hysterics and fear in this country.

A "home invasion" is when you're sitting in your living room, and armed men bust down your door, point guns at you and commit violence and steal things.

A burglary -- even at night -- is someone trying to steal your stuff.

Granted, I do believe in the "castle doctrine" in principle... but usually flashing a gun should be all that's necessary. Shoot if they don't run away or come towards you. A life (even a thiefs) outweighs the value of your flat screen. Oh, and you probably have insurance anyway.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:25 AM

40,930 posts, read 48,922,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Granted, I do believe in the "castle doctrine" in principle... but usually flashing a gun should be all that's necessary. Shoot if they don't run away or come toward you. A life (even a thief's) outweighs the value of your flat screen. Oh, and you probably have insurance anyway.
When someone puts a boot to your door to kick it in, you don't know if they are there to rob you or kill you or both. You better assume the worst.

North Richland Hills woman shot and killed in her home | www.pegasusnews.com | Dallas/Fort Worth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies