Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 04:00 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I'm sure if the homeowner said "I have a gun" and shot a warning, they would have run away. Then the police could deal with them. I would only take a life if I thought there was no other choice. Then I'd pray for forgiveness. I guess all the good Christians who support gun violence forgot one of the Commandments. At least in this case, the man was in his own home. I'm not psychic, but every bone in my body tells me Rakin was referring to the Zimmerman-Martin case. The difference is, that teenager who was shot wasn't breaking into the shooter's house.

Still, I can't understand how people can have such a cavalier attitude when a 14 year old is shot to death. I can only speak for me, but it makes me sad when any life is taken.
Pardon?

Warning shot? WHY? So the bullet can fly through the air and strike someone else?

What commandment are you talking about? #6? The one that states that you shall not commit murder? Self Defense is not murder.

And before you tell me I am translating it wrong, I assure you I am not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 04:02 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
14 years old. Juvi is filled with 14 yearold violent criminals.
Multiple players????
breaking into a mans home.
The questions the man was asking himself.
How many are out there?
Are they armed?
What are their intentions?
In his shoes I would have shot them down like the rabid lawless scum they were.
I shed no tears for the criminal.
He was 14.. Read the news 14 year olds are doing plenty of violent crimes these days. He wasn't an innocent choir boy selling cookies.
The criminal earned his reward. The real shame is that the criminals parents wont be held accountable for raising this thug.
exactly It's not the age, it's the mindset. Some teens are 6"3 football players.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 PM

39,848 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
So you do think shooting and killing this kid was this man's best and/or only option? Really?
Two innocent victims were uninjured by these criminals. I think that was the best possible outcome. A criminal died? Really have trouble caring. Plenty of innocent victims are killed by similar criminals every day.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:39 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
He told them he was home and to go away.
The kids circled back around to the other side of the house.

911 and gun...makes perfect sense to me.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
So you do think shooting and killing this kid was this man's best and/or only option? Really?
I enjoy the fact that you labor under the delusion that this man had any responsibility towards the welfare of the people about to violently trespass upon his property and person.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,780,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I'm sure if the homeowner said "I have a gun" and shot a warning, they would have run away. Then the police could deal with them. I would only take a life if I thought there was no other choice. Then I'd pray for forgiveness. I guess all the good Christians who support gun violence forgot one of the Commandments. At least in this case, the man was in his own home. I'm not psychic, but every bone in my body tells me Rakin was referring to the Zimmerman-Martin case. The difference is, that teenager who was shot wasn't breaking into the shooter's house.

Still, I can't understand how people can have such a cavalier attitude when a 14 year old is shot to death. I can only speak for me, but it makes me sad when any life is taken.
Zimmerman was having his head bashed into the ground and Martin was reaching for zimmerman's gun.! Zimmerman did the right thing. He is allowed to defend himself.

First of all there is nothing in the bible against killing!

Thou shalt not murder is something all together different. It makes you sad when any life is taken? Then why aren't you SCREAMING in anger about the 50 MILLION children that were MURDERED ???????????..and ongoing daily!! HYPOCRITE

Old 04-11-2012, 07:45 PM

I don't even pretend to go for this self-righteous "I am so sad for every life taken" bullcrap.

No. I am not one bit sorry when a lowlife criminal is put down. Never once ever think about it.
In fact, it makes me feel a little lighter that one of way too many worthless sacks of carbon has been eliminated.

I am going to be totally honest about it. Yay.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:13 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't even pretend to go for this self-righteous "I am so sad for every life taken" bullcrap.

No. I am not one bit sorry when a lowlife criminal is put down. Never once ever think about it.
In fact, it makes me feel a little lighter that one of way too many worthless sacks of carbon has been eliminated.

I am going to be totally honest about it. Yay.
No human being is a worthless sack of carbon..."God rains on the wicked as well as the good".....everyone is of value. Bravado is corny and terms like "lowlife" are not accurate. Most of us are low life to a degree..we are not perfect...BUT - I am an older man now...not as tough and not as fast....and as I age I will become more victim like in the eyes of criminals.....still- If someone breaks down my door..they had better have some skill - cos' I am going to ***K them up...one way or another...my home is my sanctuary..you cross the threshold with evil intent and you will meet the devil...me!

Old 11-23-2012, 10:58 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,396,797 times
The teens were in the act of commiting a crime, breaking into a house. The kid deserved to get shot. I would've done same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies