Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 12:38 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Hippies View Post
100% of the credit. The hostages were released because Iran did not want to screw around with Ronald Reagan who meant business. The Middle East can smell a weak leader.
How long are you going to keep up with this they were scared of Reagan bull****?

April 18, 1983 Bombing of U.S. Embassy in Beirut
Oct. 23, 1983 Bombing of Marine barracks in Beirut
(Reagan's response to that one was to cut and run. I bet that scared em)
Dec. 12, 1983 Bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait
March 16, 1984 CIA Station Chief William Buckley kidnapped
Sept. 20, 1984 Bombing of U.S. Embassy annex northeast of Beirut
April 5, 1986 Bombing of La Belle Discotheque
December 21, 1988 Bombing of Pan Am Flight 103
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
100%. And don't forget it took him only 2 minutes to do it.
He didn't do a damn thing. In fact when he announced it at the lunch he prefaced it with "I've just been told" or something to that effect

Old 04-11-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Why does it matter? Why can't you just celebrate a good moment for America, rather than devolve it to petty politics?

It's sick that all you can think about is how it helps Obama's reelection or his presidential report card, rather than the thousands of lives that will be saved because OBL is dead. Absolutely pathetic and immature.
Why does it matter??? Because the same people who are trying to say Obama get's zero credit for killing bin Laden, even though he was in charge of the mission and made the hard decisions and gave the orders, but Reagan get's 100% of the credit for the hostages being freed because of some bull**** oh he was so big and bad and brawny they were afraid of him

Old 04-11-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Why does it matter? Why can't you just celebrate a good moment for America, rather than devolve it to petty politics?

It's sick that all you can think about is how it helps Obama's reelection or his presidential report card, rather than the thousands of lives that will be saved because OBL is dead. Absolutely pathetic and immature.
Besides, this devolved into petty politics when the cons used it to insult carter

Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
I think that everybody but you understands you, and what you're saying: If a Republican did it, it's bad. If a Democrat did it, it's awesome.

Yep, that pretty much sums up your view of the world.
I never said that

Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,368,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
I never said that
Yes you did. You've said it about 50 times this thread alone. YOU are the ONLY person who doesn't know that you said it.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
If Jimmy Carter was a Republican, and Ronald Reagan was a Democrat, YOU would be saying the EXACT OPPOSITE THING.

Speaking of Bozo the Clown...
No I would not, and you have zero to back that up

Old 04-11-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Yes you did. You've said it about 50 times this thread alone. YOU are the ONLY person who doesn't know that you said it.
Show me where

Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,368,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Show me where
Read every single one of your posts - including the OP. YOU are the ONLY one who can't see it, because YOU are so partisan that you're blind.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:34 PM

758 posts, read 590,908 times
I thought I'd add some comic relief here, boys and girls.

I'm Voting Republican 2012 - YouTube

-I'm voting Republican because I don't believe in separation of church and state. I want to live in a theocracy like Iran.

-I'm voting Republican because I don't believe in green energy or alternative fuels. I think we should continue burning gasoline and keep the people in the status quo. As long as the oil companies maximize profits, that's good enough for me.

-I'm voting Republican because I don't believe rich people should pay taxes. In fact, I think we the people should give all our money to large corporations so they continue the illusion of trickle-down economics making us think we'll all one day be rich.

-I'm voting Republican because I don't believe in critical thinking. We should turn all our schools into churches and ban the teachings of science and evolution. That way we don't have to worry about our children being "socially engineered" or questioning anything.

-I'm voting Republican because I don't believe there should be a minimum wage or labor unions. If everyone works hard 12 hours a day in a sweatshop, they can always be replaced by other workers (even little children) whenever they get killed or injured on the job. At least we won't have to worry about those lazy 99ers collecting unemployment, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies