Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2012, 07:55 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes - God is the author of all science and its language - mathematics.
A God had nothing to do with why you and I are here. That's really the core issue.

Everything in the universe, including the origin of natural laws, is explainable by natural processes. This is the transformation in understanding which has occurred in our lifetime. Not even Darwin could have dreamed of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 08:02 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes - God is the author of all science and its language - mathematics.
Then wouldn't you expect Him to be a better mathematician?

Rejection of Pascal's Wager: Mathematical Errors in the Bible

Old 04-30-2012, 09:16 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
The Grim Reaper has finally come for religion. And it has come in the form of science. Even when Galileo pointed his telescope towards the sky centuries ago, the writing was on the wall. Even the Bible itself hints that intellectuals and thinkers are the enemy of God.

Science was the enemy of religious belief all along. The creation story in Genesis has been proven false, the Bible or any other scripture is not the infallible Word of God. Even the most sacred belief of them all - that Jesus is the Son of God - does not stand up to scrutiny.

Religion was a nice theory while it lasted. But it has reached the end of the road for serious people. What is happening before our very eyes is dramatic, earth-shattering and devastating.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
I'm 64 years YOUNG.. I'm still a little kid (in heart). I've been through many many terrible crisis situations. Problems as we all have at one time or another. I've been through more chit than any ten people you could put together.

When your life is on the line - when you have no choice or other option but to pray.. ... useless words to something that doesn't even exist.

When I get direct answers and problems are solved; Please explain how that happens???

Jesus made many claims and simple promises. I have learned over the course of 60+ years; He cares for us. As a father does for his son so shall he do for us.

If these promises didn't work as promised I would have left this nonsense 60 years ago!

That's all the proof I need.

Malachi chapter 3 vs 10 God says these simple words. TEST ME - PROVE ME WRONG.. ... guess what?? That verse works every time for over 60 years.

You just REFUSE to open your eyes & heart!!

I'm sorry, but that is not tangible proof. That is simply believing some sky god answered your prayers. You are providing me nothing but belief, which is not evidence of any sort.

Quoting from the bible also means nothing to me, it's something people do when they have nothing to back their claim.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:03 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,785,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I'm sorry, but that is not tangible proof. That is simply believing some sky god answered your prayers. You are providing me nothing but belief, which is not evidence of any sort.

Quoting from the bible also means nothing to me, it's something people do when they have nothing to back their claim.
I will quote from people all over the world - educated - uneducated - rich - poor have all said the exact same thing using the exact same words

We have ALL heard of people that have died and somehow come back to life -

what did they all say??? They saw a bright light at the end of a tunnel.

Well where is the proof of this so called tunnel ? Is there any??

Were they all just making this up???

Flavius Josephus wrote about these TWO TUNNELS..the one with the bright light at the end..

But then he goes into great detail for many pages to describe the other tunnel.

That was written 2,000 years ago!! when people were stupid right??

Jesus Christ could come to earth and provide you proof and you would slap him in the face and call HIM a liar. Just as they did 2,000 years ago

There is nothing new "under the sun" Thanks for your words of WhiZdumb!!

the simple truth is: YOU CANNOT PROVE HE DOESN'T EXIST !!

I know Jesus Christ personally for decades - He is real - He makes far more sense than your rambling denials of the simple truth!

Last edited by SityData; 04-30-2012 at 11:20 AM..

Old 04-30-2012, 11:34 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,821 times
Quote:

We have ALL heard of people that have died and somehow come back to life
I have only heard of someone dieing and coming back to life in one place. I did not believe it there either. Perhaps when there is a low level of oxygen in the bloodstream, or reduced blood flow even, people think they see things. I can concede that. Every time someone I knew died they never came back to life. Ever. Dead is dead.

One time, I bumped my head real hard. I saw stars. I did not think God was a bunch of stars. I did not think the Devil was a bunch of stars. I just thought I bumped my head real hard ... and made a mental note to avoid doing that in the future. I am guessing, somewhere along the line, you bumped your head real hard. Really really hard.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
I have only heard of someone dieing and coming back to life in one place. I did not believe it there either. Perhaps when there is a low level of oxygen in the bloodstream, or reduced blood flow even, people think they see things. I can concede that. Every time someone I knew died they never came back to life. Ever. Dead is dead.

One time, I bumped my head real hard. I saw stars. I did not think God was a bunch of stars. I did not think the Devil was a bunch of stars. I just thought I bumped my head real hard ... and made a mental note to avoid doing that in the future. I am guessing, somewhere along the line, you bumped your head real hard. Really really hard.
And what is your excuse for Josephus and his writings ??

He imagined it all ?? The Apostle Paul is an historical figure that we know lots about. There are more books written about this historical figure THAN ANY OTHER PERSON ON THE PLANET

Paul was much feared throughout all the then known world. He was a murder who relished the chance and opportunity TO KILL people that believed in Jesus Christ!

Its a shame that schools refuse to teach the truth to little children who grow up to become the best resource for deception and falsehoods

Richard Nixon was the best president this country ever had! That's not true -because WE KNOW FOR A FACT who HE REALLY WAS.

Paul is the same - we know too much about him and other countries have written much about him also.

Now please explain that !! QUICK run to google and find something negative about him and post it as your research of FACTS.

you sound like a typical teenager!! A little knowledge is very dangerous - and you have proven beyond any doubt - YOU are a very dangerous individual

Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 PM

Christopher Columbus - sailed to find a new world - that's the extent of what is taught in school

Sir Issac Newton - discoverd gravity because some apple hit him on the head - that's the extent of what they teach in school

Columbus sailed for one reason ONLY - it is written in his diary - his purpose was "to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Newton was perhaps one of the greatest scientists of the time and he was the HEAD professor of the Mathematics dept for 29 years - His love of scripture - and discovering things that no one to date has equaled is never even mentioned.

Journey through the Temple of Time read it and learn from one of the greatest minds that ever was!

The wisest King that ever was on this earth is undisputed - He was the RICHEST - WISEST - MOST POWERFUL - King Solomon kicked in 9 billion to build the Temple - He wrote many many books

You should take the time to read what HE had to say about WISDOM

The book of Proverbs has more WISDOM for daily living than any other book on this planet!!

Old 04-30-2012, 12:13 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,247,217 times
Columbus sailed to find a western route to Asia in search of riches. That's all!
You might want to read up on your history.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:15 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
I will quote from people all over the world - educated - uneducated - rich - poor have all said the exact same thing using the exact same words.
Not so fast. There are certainly some that have described very similar experiences. But there are also a whole bunch who experienced something completely different, yet their experiences never seem to make into the believer literature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData
They saw a bright light at the end of a tunnel.
Near-Death Experiences Explained?

near-death experience (NDE) - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData
I know Jesus Christ personally for decades - He is real - He makes far more sense than your rambling denials of the simple truth!
Yeah, we know. The ruler of the universe was copilot on your snow mobile. We heard.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies