Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 10:58 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,746,556 times

Advertisements

The funny thing about the bible is that God's promises are so easy to PROVE.

Do this & I will do that!

So open your bible and begin to highlight ALL the different promises in the bible - now begin doing what they say to do; and lo & behold all that is promised will begin to happen!

It just doesn't get any easier than that - Take God @ HIS WORD. & HE has to do... What He Promised!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 11:10 AM

20,893 posts, read 16,019,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
It is all so plain OhSoWrong - YOU - lash out @ God and call HIM a liar - BUT - Obama gets a free pass EVERY DAY for over 3 1/2 years and you haven't called him on one lie ever - further proof of how demented YOUR thought process is!
I don't call God a liar. I call the Bible false. A real God would not lie, so those are merely more evidence that the God of the Bible is a false god... just another idol.

Let's briefly consider how pathetic your excuses for them are.

To get out of the first lie, you insist that the Bible cannot be taken literally, but that we must completely reinterpret what is meant by otherwise simple words like "death" and "day." Thank you for rendering the Bible meaningless. By that standard, nothing the Bible says can be taken at face value, and nothing it says can be trusted to be literally true.

You make essentially no real attempt to get out of the second lie at all, merely quibbling about how big his city was. Cain was not punished at all it appears.

You don't even bother to try and quibble about the third and fourth lies at all.

I'm sorry if it makes you sad... but you have essentially conceded that the lies are really there in the Bible and you have no real response to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData
It is very easy to see how you have to twist things to make your point
squirrel nuts is not an explanation for an honest question I asked
Okay, since you need more hand holding. It's called the law of incredibly large numbers. If somebody prays a lot, then by sheer probability and accident, some of the things prayed for must actually happen. But that's not the test. The test is to compare those with all the things you pray for that never were fulfilled.

Quote:
You have no morals - no character - no spine - no passion for the simple truth!
By every conceivable measure of virtue, I am superior to you. You are driven by the most base of human motives; hatred, anger, bigotry and envy and I am not. As a result I am smarter than you are, I am more honest than you are, I am nicer than you are, I am funnier than you are, and I am in all likelihood far better looking than you are.

But none of that matters in the context of these threads. What matters here is that almost everything you post turns out to be false. And it's easy to prove.

Yet you keep coming back, compelled by the hatred that corrupts your entire view of the universe.

Quote:
I get definite specific answers when I pray for over 60 years - just like the WORD promises and you have the gaul to say "squirell nuts" ??
Well... I have no idea what pre-Carolingian France has to do with anything, but I believe that you are suffering from deep delusions. Any Jesus that would drive your snow mobile to safety while allowing 21,000 children to die every single day is unworthy of worship.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Pray for the peace in Jerusalem - they will prosper that love thee.
And how's that working out so far?

Quote:
But you forget - This world is NOT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF GOD.
My oh my. You are the wicked little heretic, aren't you?

Quote:
“If there is one maverick molecule running loose in this universe outside the scope of God’s Sovereign authority, power, and control, no Christian has any reason whatsoever to put my faith or any trust in any future promise that God has made to His people. For want of a nail the shoe was lost, for want of a shoe the horse was lost, for want of a horse the rider was lost, for want of a rider the battle was lost, for want of a battle the war was lost. … One maverick molecule could destroy, the best laid plans, not of mice, or of men, but of God, if God is not Sovereign“.

-R.C. Sproul

Old 05-05-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I don't call God a liar. I call the Bible false. A real God would not lie, so those are merely more evidence that the God of the Bible is a false god... just another idol.

Let's briefly consider how pathetic your excuses for them are.

To get out of the first lie, you insist that the Bible cannot be taken literally, but that we must completely reinterpret what is meant by otherwise simple words like "death" and "day." Thank you for rendering the Bible meaningless. By that standard, nothing the Bible says can be taken at face value, and nothing it says can be trusted to be literally true.

You make essentially no real attempt to get out of the second lie at all, merely quibbling about how big his city was. Cain was not punished at all it appears.

You don't even bother to try and quibble about the third and fourth lies at all.

I'm sorry if it makes you sad... but you have essentially conceded that the lies are really there in the Bible and you have no real response to them.

Okay, since you need more hand holding. It's called the law of incredibly large numbers. If somebody prays a lot, then by sheer probability and accident, some of the things prayed for must actually happen. But that's not the test. The test is to compare those with all the things you pray for that never were fulfilled.

By every conceivable measure of virtue, I am superior to you. You are driven by the most base of human motives; hatred, anger, bigotry and envy and I am not. As a result I am smarter than you are, I am more honest than you are, I am nicer than you are, I am funnier than you are, and I am in all likelihood far better looking than you are.

But none of that matters in the context of these threads. What matters here is that almost everything you post turns out to be false. And it's easy to prove.

Yet you keep coming back, compelled by the hatred that corrupts your entire view of the universe.

Well... I have no idea what pre-Carolingian France has to do with anything, but I believe that you are suffering from deep delusions. Any Jesus that would drive your snow mobile to safety while allowing 21,000 children to die every single day is unworthy of worship.
I have never ever claimed the bible is not to be taken literally.

This is a book about spiritual and earthly !! You cannot differentiate the difference between the two. You have made that more than obvious!

How is it you haven't yet in 3 1/2 years called obama out on any of his constant lying ?? You defend him @ every opportunity!!

I never mentioned France so I have no idea where you are coming from; either do other people.

Yeah you are plainly narcissistic much more so than Obama!!

Do they teach you that in Obot training classes??

Adam did die and I showed you plainly two instances of his spiritual death and his physical death.

but you and I will never get anywhere until you admit the lying habits of the fraud you keep defending. The whole world knows this man is a proven LIAR!

Old 05-05-2012, 11:26 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,607,042 times
Quote:
Adam did die and I showed you plainly two instances of his spiritual death and his physical death.
Dude, get a grip. Adam did not exist!!

This we know to a scientific certainty. It is beyond dispute, doubt or debate. To argue against it is as logical as arguing that the moon does not exist.

And no part of this conversation has anything to do with Obama, not sure what the heck you're rambling about.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I have never ever claimed the bible is not to be taken literally.
Except where you claimed that "day"doesn't really mean day and "death" doesn't really mean death.

Quote:
I never mentioned France so I have no idea where you are coming from; either do other people.
I knew you wouldn't get the reference. If you could you wouldn't have misspelled "gall" in the first place.

Quote:
Yeah you are plainly narcissistic much more so than Obama!!
And you have no ability to understand when you are being mocked

Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Dude, get a grip. Adam did not exist!!

This we know to a scientific certainty. It is beyond dispute, doubt or debate. To argue against it is as logical as arguing that the moon does not exist.

And no part of this conversation has anything to do with Obama, not sure what the heck you're rambling about.
Well it is a proven historical FACT: (outside of the bible) Jesus Christ did indeed exist!

There are: More books written about Paul than any other human on this earth!!

Paul (the apostle) is a historical figure also and we have a great deal of proof and knowledge about this famous person.

Jesus spoke of Adam and so did Paul!!

So you have proven once again that you are not in the right frame of mind to CONTINUTE to deny HISTORICAL FACTS!

Old 05-05-2012, 11:45 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,607,042 times
Quote:
Well it is a proven historical FACT: (outside of the bible) Jesus Christ did indeed exist!

There are: More books written about Paul than any other human on this earth!!

Paul (the apostle) is a historical figure also and we have a great deal of proof and knowledge about this famous person.

Jesus spoke of Adam and so did Paul!!

So you have proven once again that you are not in the right frame of mind to CONTINUTE to deny HISTORICAL FACTS!
Well, Jesus and Paul got it wrong. We are not descended from a single couple 6,000 years ago. That is indisputable fact.

Continue to argue there is no moon, you're just making a fool out of yourself.

@History, I have not been ignoring your points about the simulation hypothesis, between work and loopy pain pills, I haven't had time to look into it. I believe this will at least partially satisfy your previous inquiry, in a way I'm violating my (new) rule about not posting something I haven't read in it's entirety, but I am previously familiar with Witworth's work and find him to be quite credible.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Except where you claimed that "day"doesn't really mean day and "death" doesn't really mean death.
And you have no ability to understand when you are being mocked
Well for one - you fail to grasp the simple fact;

If you really want to understand the differences between the many different uses of day and the different uses of the word death you have to understand the ORIGINAL LANGUAGE(S) andthose orignal words used.

To accomplish that quickly in an easy manner you need Strongs Exhaustive Concordance.

Look up the word day in Genesis and you will find the # of the hebrew words used origninally for that word. Once you have the original word then you can find out the original meaning.

The word Earth is used countless times - day and death also. There are many different words used in Hebrew to describe what we have one word in english to explain.

Thus I've taken the time and effort to study the original languages in my attempt to learn more.

There is a big difference between spiritual death and earthly death.

Are you going to admit the bible speaks of earthly things and spiritual things?

Old 05-05-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Well, Jesus and Paul got it wrong. We are not descended from a single couple 6,000 years ago. That is indisputable fact.

Continue to argue there is no moon, you're just making a fool out of yourself.

@History, I have not been ignoring your points about the simulation hypothesis, between work and loopy pain pills, I haven't had time to look into it. I believe this will at least partially satisfy your previous inquiry, in a way I'm violating my (new) rule about not posting something I haven't read in it's entirety, but I am previously familiar with Witworth's work and find him to be quite credible.
First: I never said there was no moon - you said those words now you want to accuse me of something I never said? That is sick!

Jesus is wrong (you admitted HE did exist) Paul was wrong ( you admitted he did exist also)!

YOU ARE THE ONE - who is wrong about Paul & Jesus! But you will never admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies