Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve of President Barrack Obama's Job of the last 3 1/2 years??
Yes, I approve 54 34.18%
No, I don't approve 102 64.56%
I don't care 2 1.27%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 08:11 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,879 times

Advertisements

I approve of his job performance thus far about as much as I approve of any possible Republican replacement of him.

I'll quote C3PO: "We're doomed!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
I think we could do a CD internal approving rating of the president.

So have at it.

The libs really do not care about performance of a president, as long as they support liberal views. It is basically clinical depression extrapolated to a national level- self hate at the expense of improvement and progression. The libs, with a higher incidence of mental illness and affective disorders, will embrace a political philosophy that puts themselves, as well as the nation, in economic and social peril. Why? Self hate.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Despite assuring thier economic doom, liberals LOVE Obama and would want him president for life, if this was possible. They would further want to limit liberty at the expense of state powers to accomplish "thier goals".

Only a fool would sacrifice comfort and liberty for "fairness" and a police state. This is what "communism" means, yet is lost to the average liberal, who has failed in history.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:25 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
It's really frustrating. What's even worse is that the delusional right throw fits as if he's actually doing all those things. They are fighting a President that doesn't exist.

"Government run healthcare". You mean the healthcare from PRIVATE INSURANCE CORPORATIONS? Thats your "ZOMG GOVERMENT TAKEOVER!!1!"?

He's nothing of what they say, which in alot of cases, is too bad. If the Democrats had gotten a Public Option, any talk of repeal would be laughed at. There's absolutely no reason Obama couldn't have pushed for one via reconciliation. That's what you have to do when you're up against a party as childish, petty, and delusional as the GOP.

Really, though. I just think he's a cog in the machine, which is why if I was to vote, I don't know if I'd vote for him. He had a great opportunity, and he either blew it...or he never wanted it...
Yeah I like the Single payer option. Everyone has insurance, but hospitals are still privately owned

Old 04-11-2012, 08:36 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The libs really do not care about performance of a president, as long as they support liberal views. It is basically clinical depression extrapolated to a national level- self hate at the expense of improvement and progression. The libs, with a higher incidence of mental illness and affective disorders, will embrace a political philosophy that puts themselves, as well as the nation, in economic and social peril. Why? Self hate.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Despite assuring thier economic doom, liberals LOVE Obama and would want him president for life, if this was possible. They would further want to limit liberty at the expense of state powers to accomplish "thier goals".

Only a fool would sacrifice comfort and liberty for "fairness" and a police state. This is what "communism" means, yet is lost to the average liberal, who has failed in history.
So you're saying McCain, who was out of touch from the economy, was a better candidate to tackle the problems left by Bush better than Obama?

By supporting McCain you would be supporting an additional war in Iran, along with Afghanistan. The costs of war is simply too much for the economy with the presence of the "bush tax cuts" and the long-term debt implications could be worse than the immediate ones done by the bailouts.

I had to vote for Obama because at the time he supported ending the wars and ending the bush tax cuts for the wealthy. I could not vote for someone who thought the economy was doing fairly well at the time of a major market crash. I could not vote for the McCain-Palin ticket.

I also realize that Obama isn't the "perfect" candidate and I'm sorry if you think I do. In fact, neither Obama nor the Congress have matched the combinations of Eisenhower and Lincoln, republican presidents that have done the best.

I'm sorry that you think Obama voters are fools with a mental disorder.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 PM

867 posts, read 498,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why wouldn't the top few percent pay a larger amount when they control most of the wealth, and yes the bottom 50 per cent need to pay something.
Duh, its income tax, not wealth tax. If you were paying $20M a year in taxes, would you pay more? Of course you wouldn't. Just like Buffet talks the talk but tell the IRS and the citizens to "stuff it" when it is time to actually pay. Hypocrites abound.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:46 PM

867 posts, read 498,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I approve of his job performance thus far about as much as I approve of any possible Republican replacement of him.

I'll quote C3PO: "We're doomed!"
Speak for yourself. I'lm looking at Panama.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:47 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
He's been great.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:47 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Authority figures were identified as a personality type in "The Authoritarian Personality", a study completed at the University of California, Berkeley, to understand how "great masses of people could and did tolerate the mass extermination of their fellow citizens", after WW II.

Stanley Milgram, a social psychologist, did pioneering work on obedience to authority. Classic experiments revealed that 65% of ordinary people were willing to subject others “to painful, if not lethal, electric shocks.” Milgram’s work provided “explanations for why many people obey or disobey authority figures and the role of conscience in their behavior”.

Robert Altemeyer has studied authoritarian followers and authoritarian dominators/leaders in: “Right-Wing Authoritarianism (1981), “Enemies of Freedom” (1988), “The Authoritarian Specter” (1996), and in other articles found in scholarly journals, such as “Highly Dominator, Highly Authoritarian Personalities” in the “Journal of Social Psychology (2004), and “Why Do Religious Fundamentalists Tend to Be Prejudiced?” in “International Journal for the Psychology of Religion in the International Journal for the Psychology of Religion” (2003).

John Dean's "Conservatives with Conscience" (2006) brilliantly described the far right movement in our country over the past 40 years, it's motivation, purpose,character traits, who did what, etc.

The rest of your comments are utter gibberish indoctrination points you've downloaded or listened to from FOX entertainment or its ilk.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
When deciding if I approve or not I ask a few questions.
1. What did he promise to do while running for office v.s what he has done?
In this regard he has done very little.
2. How well does he work with those from the otherside?
Once again he and his party gets an F but then I give the otherside an F also.
3. How well does he represent American interests abroad? I give him a C+ He has done as well as any other president in the last 20 years. ( Not saying much I know).
4. Immigration or Illegal immigration to be more exact. He gets a solid F-.
I'll explain why. Yes they have deported many. That is their job to deport many. Giving credit for doing the base job is like awarding an employee a prize for showing up for work when they were supposed to. Because previous presidents didnt do their jobs is no excuse to say oh wow Obama is great.
Rather than working with Border states to help control the problem Obama and company have done everything in their power to interfere.
Add to the above Obama and company trying to do back door amnesty.
F- is still to high a grade.
5. Speaking ability. The ability to speak to all audiences. I give him a solid B+ . The man is a great speaker. Not In Bill Clintons league but then few other than Reagan could have made the claim.
6. Fiscal responsibility. LOL F is what he gets. The man loves to spend tax dollars like they grow on trees.
I give President Obama a D. He could be worse. LBJ, GWB, and Carter are examples of worse.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:01 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
With that said, what can we do with these ratings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies