Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 09:49 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times

Advertisements

I started to think about how we teach stuff in school that 1) Parents don't like 2) Politicians don't like 3) Private organizations don't like and at the very same time 1) Parents do like it 2) Politicians do like it 3) Private organizations do like it... so we have two groups of people 1) Don't like 2) Do like... for instance, teaching about contraceptives... teaching about abortion.... it has been said many times that children have a right to such knowledge... well, they also have constitutional rights such as the right to bear arms... should we teach children about gun safety as well as supervision of using a gun and its effect on people (gun-shot victims as well as victims protected by guns)... I think that it will overall lead to less gun-related deaths among kids and also give them the information so that they can make an informed choice about gun ownership in the future... at the same time, it would teach would-be criminals the hard fate if they commit a crime and end up being the loser in confrontation that involved a gun... so 1) Promotes safety 2) Promotes knowledge 3) Promotes informed decisions 4) Deters crime... as with contraception/abortion, it promotes safety for the gun owner and should they ever encounter a gun in the future... Of course, this would be taught at an appropriate age where they can handle a gun as well as learn about its safety and consequences of its use... We do have something similar to that with ROTC in high school but since sexual education is already beginning to be mandate across all schools, why not gun safety?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 09:53 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,990,248 times
How small are the hard core gun advocates "members" that they need to have their guns in every aspect of our lives?

We get it, you drive a giant truck, you make up for all your little insecurities with your guns and ammo you get insane about your football teams.

Why do we need to introduce a weapon to children in school. Our country is already ignorant enough......we don't need to add redneck fuel to the fire.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:57 AM

1) First I am not white... 2) I don't drive a truck... 3) I don't currently own a gun/ammo 4) I don't follow football... I am not introducing a weapon in school and schools aren't promoting sex... I am talking about gun safety courses in school just like we have sexual education in school...

Old 04-11-2012, 09:59 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
All children should carry weapons. That would end bullying. That seems what these lefties are all for anyway. Gotta stop the bullies. Send em all locked and loaded I say.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:09 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
1) First I am not white... 2) I don't drive a truck... 3) I don't currently own a gun/ammo 4) I don't follow football...
Are you sure? You did mention guns, so you might want to check again.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Are you sure? You did mention guns, so you might want to check again.
I am not sure what you are reading but you might want to try to read again in case you missed something... last time I check, sexual education didn't mean bring in your fun toys to school either...

Old 04-11-2012, 10:13 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,366,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
How small are the hard core gun advocates "members" that they need to have their guns in every aspect of our lives?

We get it, you drive a giant truck, you make up for all your little insecurities with your guns and ammo you get insane about your football teams.

Why do we need to introduce a weapon to children in school. Our country is already ignorant enough......we don't need to add redneck fuel to the fire.
This is the most horrible, stereotypical post I have EVER read. Wow.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:14 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am not sure what you are reading but you might want to try to read again in case you missed something... last time I check, sexual education didn't mean bring in your fun toys to school either...
I was simply getting some enjoyment out of the fact that you do not fit into the demographic box a previous poster assumed you did.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:14 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,058,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
All children should carry weapons. That would end bullying. That seems what these lefties are all for anyway. Gotta stop the bullies. Send em all locked and loaded I say.
Yep. If a bully says a mean word to a kid, they can shoot them in the face.

Perfect solution with no drawbacks at all.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:19 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Thanks for so clearly underscoring your complete detachment from reality....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies