Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 03:52 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
That is the heart of the case for me. If George Zimmerman truly believed that Trayvon was a dangerous criminal on drugs and possibly armed why would he follow him when he knew that the police were on the way? That is the part of Zimmerman's story that makes no sense. He is following a person that he thinks is a dangerous criminal and he expects people to believe that he left his gun in the holster and that a kid with no knowledge of the neighborhood was able to first evade his pursuit, double back and then attack him from behind? That story is BS and everyone knows it.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:54 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
doesn't matter if he was on duty of off duty. there s no set hours for volunteer watch. he is a lawful citizen 24/7 and can legally own a firearm.
Yeah, I get that. So basically NW rules are a useless and worthless waste of time and paper.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:54 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
that's a low res image. all the defense lawyer needs to do is ask, can you see detail in that video, if someone says yes, then the defense will ask, what is the plate number on the police vehicle. if the person cannot answer, then the video will be disqualified as validity to no injuries.

but, if police testifies seeing injuries to zimmerman, then it provides reasonable doubt that zimmerman did not have injuries and will dismiss that video at proof of no injuries.
Huh? Are you in law enforcement? Also, the very people who keep saying you can't tell if a nose is really broken, are then saying the police knew it was broken. Are they psychic? If you cannot tell by sight, then how would they know? Wouldn't the EMS report be a lot more conclusive? A police officer is not a trained medical professional. I imagine, if this ever gets to trial, the EMS report will be admitted as evidence or the EMT who treated Zimmerman might be called to testify. Again, I doubt if this will ever get that far. We'll see.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:55 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
2) Is he? I believe he was arrested after an altercation at a bar. But I understood that the charges were dropped, is this wrong? If he wasn't convicted, he has no criminal record, and is eligable for a CCW permit.
As you can probably tell by my history Iam against conceal and carry permits being issued to people that have any type of issues with violence in the past regardless of why the charges where dropped. We cant issue permits to just anyone. I wish we can do away with conceal and carry laws period. It doesnt stop crime.

I honestly believe we will all know the truth before its over and there will be a fair judgment.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
1)
I believe he was arrested after an altercation at a bar. But I understood that the charges were dropped, is this wrong? If he wasn't convicted, he has no criminal record, and is eligable for a CCW permit.
I already posted the charges I pasted from the Orange County web site in another thread. He assaulted a law enforcement officer and was charged with 2 third degree felonies. The charges were later reduced to a misdemeanor and dismissed for attending anger management classes. That's why he can legally carry.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:59 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Happens all the time huh? Black people do not run through white neighborhoods because they're afraid of getting shot? Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Plus, even with not knowing the story, wouldn't an undercover (not in uniform) officer running after someone with a gun suggest to the "white" officer that someone was about to be murdered?
I guess you will always have an excuse to kill black people. If he wasn't doing anything wrong why was he running? If he was afraid, why didn't he run? Wash, rinse, repeat.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:00 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Zimmerman was on his way to Target.
Why does anyone need a gun to go to Target. I can see a high profile person but an everyday "joe" shouldnt have the need.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
IMO If you are not a mature, safe, sane, practiced firearms handler, you have no business carrying a gun around. There are too many yayhoos out there who are armed, scared, emotionally motivated, and trigger happy. This is about the mental health and stability of people carrying guns- from the scorned wife, to the gangbanger, to the wannabe cop, to the armed robber, to the multiple victim shooter going "postal".
Yes, I agree, and so do a lot of gun owners. I'm taking the liberty of posting a link that another poster used in a thread.

[url=http://www.warriortalknews.com/2012/04/commentary-the-zimmerman-martin-shooting.html]WARRIOR TALK NEWS - Commentary: The Zimmerman - Martin Shooting[/url]

I teach my students that they should seek “distance from disorder” in their lives, and unless something shocks the consciousness of humanity, to mind their own business. Now I will also tell you that there is a vast gulf of difference between a suspicious black kid walking around the neighborhood, and an active shooter killing people in a restaurant. One is none of your personal business and more of a job for the police, the other…if you happen to be there, is in fact your business and your action can save many lives.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:06 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You would think that if this were the case, Zimmerman would have said so from the get go.
'George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch crime captain who shot dead 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News.'

Trayvon Martin Shooter Says Teenager Went for His Gun - ABC News

Maybe the source is wrong, but you surely haven't seen gz's statement to police.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:08 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Yeah, I get that. So basically NW rules are a useless and worthless waste of time and paper.
Apparently. They may expect you to follow the rules but in the end you are a private citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies