Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 03:07 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Just had to clarify to you...no where in my post did I imply that Angela Corey is ignoring critical eyewitness statements...

What I did say is that her speech smacked of Political Pandering and Proselytizing...
This is a political show trial for sure.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:08 AM

566 posts, read 956,823 times
Quote:
No need to be cryptic...give me your theory...because that's all we got here, just our theories and speculation....

Why doesn't it make sense?

That GZ was the one who was screaming?

That GZ had that gun displayed?

That they were fighting for control over that gun?

It just doesn't make sense to me because I can't imagine Zimmerman approaching Trayvon with his gun out, asking Trayvon what he's doing there, and then Trayvon going for the gun. If Zimmerman actually had his gun out while approaching Trayvon, an unarmed Trayvon probably would have responded (with his hands up and showing the skittles and iced tea) with "I live up the street with my dad and his gf, I'm just coming back from the store." No way do I see him going after a guy holding a gun in an attempt to disarm him. If Zimmerman walked up and said "this is a robbery, give me all your money" then maybe I'd agree that it's possible that he tried to disarm Zimmerman, but if Zimmerman just asked "What are you doing here?" while approaching Trayvon with his gun out, their interaction would have gone a lot smoother and Trayvon would still be alive.

I don't think Zimmerman had his gun out when he was questioning Trayvon which is why Trayvon probably mouthed off a bit instead of complying with Zimmerman's requests (which resulted in a fight).

Old 04-14-2012, 03:12 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
That was BEFORE the 911 call to the police where he reported Trayvon and said he would wait for the police and that the suspect ran off.
Trayvon ran off after that and came back after the later 911 call.

You are going to find a Zimmerman call after the call was going on between Trayvon and his girlfriend.
Completely false.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:19 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
It just doesn't make sense to me because I can't imagine Zimmerman approaching Trayvon with his gun out, asking Trayvon what he's doing there, and then Trayvon going for the gun. If Zimmerman actually had his gun out while approaching Trayvon, an unarmed Trayvon probably would have responded (with his hands up and showing the skittles and iced tea) with "I live up the street with my dad and his gf, I'm just coming back from the store." No way do I see him going after a guy holding a gun in an attempt to disarm him. If Zimmerman walked up and said "this is a robbery, give me all your money" then maybe I'd agree that it's possible that he tried to disarm Zimmerman, but if Zimmerman just asked "What are you doing here?" while approaching Trayvon with his gun out, their interaction would have gone a lot smoother and Trayvon would still be alive.

I don't think Zimmerman had his gun out when he was questioning Trayvon which is why Trayvon probably mouthed off a bit instead of complying with Zimmerman's requests (which resulted in a fight).
My theory does not say that GZ was pointing the gun at TM, just that I think GZ may have had it down at his side (just out of view) or out of its holster and tucked in his waistband and during the verbal confrontation TM saw that gun and freaked out and tried to disarm GZ. If you think about it, TM (in his young mind) might have felt this was his only chance of not getting shot. He might have thought, hey if I turn my back on this guy and run or walk away he might shoot me. He might have felt his only option was to take the gun away...Remember he didn't know GZ and probably thought he was a "thug"

Old 04-14-2012, 03:19 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times
Quote:
Just had to clarify to you...no where in my post did I imply that Angela Corey is ignoring critical eyewitness statements...

What I did say is that her speech smacked of Political Pandering and Proselytizing...
I need to get to sleep. Maybe I incorrectly read your response to a post but when another poster wrote that apparently the prosecution had enough evidence to charge Zimmerman, you responded with

What about the eyewitness who actually saw the "guy is the red sweater" underneath Trayvon, screaming to him (the eyewitness) for help? (we all saw in the police video that GZ had on a red & black jacket)

which to me sounded as if she wasn't considering it. That's all. I need to go.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:24 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I need to get to sleep. Maybe I incorrectly read your response to a post but when another poster wrote that apparently the prosecution had enough evidence to charge Zimmerman, you responded with

What about the eyewitness who actually saw the "guy is the red sweater" underneath Trayvon, screaming to him (the eyewitness) for help? (we all saw in the police video that GZ had on a red & black jacket)

which to me sounded as if she wasn't considering it. That's all. I need to go.
Good night JustNancy nice posting with ya! I have to go to sleep as well pretty bleary eyed...

Old 04-14-2012, 04:57 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,741,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hmmm interesting, so you are saying it is ok to actually stalk someone until confronted and if that person realizes that you are not that menacing decides to defend themself and you feel that it is ok to shot them? This is inspite the fact that you could have easily walked away or even flashed your gun knowing that he is unarmed. My hero
Again, you and I have no idea how things played out, It amazes me how many mind readers we have on this forum, who already have Z convicted.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:59 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,741,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Thats true but they are going to charge him with something even if it is manslaughter mainly because of the ramifications.
They want him to plea out to manslaughter, thus the 2nd degree charge. He might take it.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,379,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
That's exactly why I carry a gun. That's looked like a jail break at the zoo.
Trash pure trash.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:39 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,379,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
They want him to plea out to manslaughter, thus the 2nd degree charge. He might take it.
Just so folks know overcharging to induce a plea bargain is completely unethical and can be a basis for disbarment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.