Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 05:48 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
So the police were actually telling TM that he didn`t have to stalk GZ? I must have been listening to the wrong audio.
Once again it is not stalking, look up the definition. Also a dispatcher is not a police officer, even if he was that instruction is not a legal mandate. A police officer cannot tell you to stop doing a legal action.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:48 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Actually it is in dispute and it's not stalking. Zimmerman has every right to walk wherever he wants especially in his own development.
Martin also had that right and he was the unarmed walker that was gunned down. I think it`s best to hold off on that push to get Zimmerman on Mt. Rushmore.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Surely you`re not accusing Martin of being a criminal for carrying what may have been his girlfriend`s jewelry and surely you`re not accusing him of breaking into homes with a screwdriver. GZ had more brushes with the law than TM btw. Martin never had a restraining order against him nor did he ever fight with police in a bar.
LOL now it's his girlfriend's jewelry. You people are too much.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Why do you keeping repeating this? It won't happen.
It very well may happen, if Z's story corroborates with witness accounts and he feels it is self defense.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:53 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What the UN says is OK when we want to bomb a country (Libya) but not OK when they start telling us what to do within our own country.

Globalization at work..slowly chipping away. Doesn't anyone notice ?

One government to rule them all.

if we want to bomb someone else, then we should just do it and not worry about the UN. just boot them out of the USA and get the USA out of the UN.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
It very well may happen, if Z's story corroborates with witness accounts and he feels it is self defense.
She has no articles from competing lawyers all she says is it won't happen. Frankly I'll take Al Dershowitz's legal opinions over ChocLat's any day of the week.

If the evidence the prosecution has is what was outlined in the charging documents this case won't make it past the judge hearing the SYG defense.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Don't you have a younger brother who was cutting up in school?
Didn't your mother blame "the other kids" at the school and move him to a private school?

Sounds like your mother is one of those people in the Black community who blames her son's bad behavior on other people. I agree with you, whatever happened to personal accountability?
I don't recall Edward A ever saying his mother blamed other kids.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:00 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
Trayvon Martin killing: UN human rights chief calls for investigation - Telegraph

Yup, obviously Florida law is insufficient in this case!
Navi Palli is Indian, from South Africa. Maybe she wants to put more focus on those two countries regarding human rights than Florida???

Are human rights violations worse in Florida/the US than what goes on in India and SA???

Old 04-15-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
True, but I doubt if anyone is going to mention prior bad acts. It opens too many doors.

Quote:
Even if the "leaks" about Trayvon Martin are true, they having nothing at all to do with this case.
Let's assume the worst to play devil's advocate here. Where does Zimmerman even mention anything he is doing wrong? I listened to the 911 call although he said he was acting suspiciously, there isn't one word implying he was burglarizing the homes or even looking into the windows. What Edward is suggesting is just plain silly.
True, but it paints a different picture of Trayvon, than the angel some here portray him as.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:02 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
On the 911 call Zimmerman says Martin is coming toward him. I mean when does coming towards someone constitute stalking?

Stalking is defined as following someone repeatedly over a period of time. This was a one time encounter. Some folks on here don't even know the English language or are distorting it for their own nefarious purposes.
I agree, I'm only throwing back the "stalker" charge to those who claim GZ was a stalker.

If I was his defense attorney, I would twist the story to fit what would be best for my client.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies