Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,898,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
If after a trial with ALL of the evidence presented, and being judged by a jury of his piers, Zimmerman is found not guilty, will you accept it as justice?

For me this depends. With the sloppy police work and what may have been active involvement in a coverrup the night the shooting happened the Sanford PD may have made it impossible for justice to ever be served in this case. If Zimmerman committed murder, the evidence that would have convicted him may have been lost forever. On the flip side, the evidence that might have proved that Zimmerman was truly defending himself might be lost as well. Every cop that "worked" on this case should be looking for a new job right now.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:07 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,332,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Desperate for a way out, EdwardA. LOL! Get real! Fl deals with SYG all the time, and they know which cases qualify and which do not. As does the sponsor of the bill who already said this case does not qualify.

2nd degree was the best choice, as the life sentence will no doubt cause even a birdbrain like RZ to accept a plea for manslaughter, with significant, but less than a life term.
Out of the 130 people who have used SYG in FL only 19 have been convicted. Little more than 10%. The odds are not in your favor.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:08 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,129,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Democan View Post
But the, "Blah, blah' blah" is so much fun. What else would we do if we couldn't jump to conclusions and try endlessly to defend it?
Exactly... and if the Rev. Al Sharpton had not been been alerted to the case, we would not be where we are right now. Now it gets to be tried in a court of law.

I'm sure you are pleased with this.

2,010 posts, read 2,363,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Yes. I would feel as though justice has prevailed.

The outrage from the marches, Al Sharpton and the Martin family has more to do with mis management and wrong doing than it does with judging Zimmerman. Most people want justice. Isnt that what you want?
I don't get how you question that from what I posted.

18,630 posts, read 19,332,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I think that, if like some on here are saying, the prosecutor made her decision to "appease the masses", that she would have gone for manslaughter. The fact that she went with 2nd degree murder tells me that they're pretty confident with the evidence that they have and we don't. But I always leave the possibility open of being wrong. We have no new evidence today, everything we have is weeks old.

I have a question for those who are already convinced with the evidence that we do have that Zimmerman is guilty:

If after a trial with ALL of the evidence presented, and being judged by a jury of his piers, Zimmerman is found not guilty, will you accept it as justice?
Higher leverage with 2nd degree murder to get a plea deal if it comes to that. We'll see what she has during discovery.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:12 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,889,737 times
EdwardA, Out of the 130, the bills sponsor did not say their stance had no merit. In this case that happened, and we can bet, he will be called to testify at the hearing-as an expert witness on the matter. That more than anything else makes that defense DOA.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:18 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,648,939 times
I will stand by the verdict.......guilty or not....just wondering if the rest of America will

Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,167,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
It is a sad day in America when an innocent man is charged with murder for defending himself against a criminal who was in the process of finding houses to break into. Very sad day indeed.
Martin had a clean record and no burglary tools on his person when he was shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Out of the 130 people who have used SYG in FL only 19 have been convicted. Little more than 10%. The odds are not in your favor.
Who says SYG will be the defense?

Old 04-11-2012, 08:23 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,193,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Both I guess technically she feels she has enough to meet the constitutional standard for an arrest but in reality the motivation is political.

This case may never get to trial beyond the SYG judge.
So if she knows she has enough to warrant an arrest, but if there were no political considerations weighing on her, she should ignore the evidence and let him walk?

You are SO desperate for Trayvon to be a poster boy of black "thug culture" getting slapped down hard.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:31 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,310,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Feeling pretty emotional right now. Not because Zimmerman has been charged; but because Trayvon's parents know that he did not die in vain. His death was not brushed aside; the public cried out for him and demanded justice for him. Though his life was short, he has touched the lives of many.

RIP, Trayvon. Whether Zimmerman is found guilty or not, know that we DID NOT allow your death to go unanswered.
My feelings exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies