Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 02:24 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post

The medical reports created at the scene by the EMTs haven't been released yet.
Yup. Those look life-threatening and worth taking the life of someone over.

Where is the broken bone or bones the other poster said existed? He didn't say he thought they existed, he said they existed, as in a FACT.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:26 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Well, another "prominent outsider" has been heard from:

Bill Cosby on George Zimmerman: Guns, not race, real issue in Trayvon Martin case | The Cutline - Yahoo! News

I don't waste my time following celebrities, but I read enough to know that Mr. Cosby has incurred a lot of wrath from the hot-heads among the New Black Panthers and other examples of the "new urban militancy" to occasionally become a target for their scorn.

Why? -- Because he advocates rational behavior, foresight. and common respect. The side issuues like gun posession are window dressing at this point.

I'm not advocating the "roll over and play Uncle Tom" attitude of which I'm likely to be accused. I don't like dressing up in $300 worth of expensive, uncomfortable clothing and feigning interest in the prattle of a wealthy dowager with too many pictures of the grandhildren any more than the rest of us,

But standing on a street corner in a baseball cap turned sieways and with your trusers fallen down to reveal the underwear on your butt is a long way from simple respect.

That is what this ugly disparity, both between "black" and "non-black", and within the African-American community, is all about.

I didn't "pick the fight", and in fairness, nobody can fully explain how it evolved. But I will be forced to choose sides on somes issues, and I know what values will guide me in that process.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:28 PM

96 posts, read 81,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Backspace, .The line where you enjoyed the fact a 17 year old is dead was racist. Of course, we'll have to see what the moderator thinks of the post. It is in their hands now.

The other GZ backers here for the most part have stayed away from the level of racism you have displayed.
Sorry bob, you're wrong Because of the fact that this poster did or didn't enjoy the fact of a dead man, has NOTHING to do with racist. What if TM was white.......this poster thinks that he attacked GZ and GZ shot in self defense and thought TM deserved it............where does racist come in the picture?

Old 04-15-2012, 02:29 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yup. Those look life-threatening and worth taking the life of someone over.

Where is the broken bone or bones the other poster said existed? He didn't say he thought they existed, he said they existed, as in a FACT.
You're looking at wounds that have already been treated and cleaned up at the scene by EMTs. In addition you aren't capable of knowing whether or not those wounds are potentially life threatening but it really doesn't matter because in the SYG situation you have to be in fear for your life from an aggressor. If an attacker is causing you physical harm and you feel that your life is in danger you have the right to defend yourself which is what Zimmerman did. Blunt force trauma to the back of the head against any solid object can be deadly whether it leaves a wound good enough to impress you or not. I've seen someone suck punched hard enough that they fell backwards and hit their head flat on concrete and they died after swelling of the brain. I helped put him in a car to get him to the ER and he had wounds that looked less than what Zimmerman has on his head.

The broken bone reported was a broken nose, how does his nose look in those photos?

Old 04-15-2012, 02:30 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
The state had no choice but to bring charges against Zimmerman otherwise the ignorant trash was going to riot and destroy Sanford FL. The real animal is in a much smaller sq. foot box 6' under dirt where he belongs, without his skittles or tea.
Maybe when all is said and done and Zimmerman is exonerated by the SYG judge he can turnaround and sue the state of Florida for malicious prosecution. I think he'd have a good case, good enough to extract a substantial settlement.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
Sorry bob, you're wrong Because of the fact that this poster did or didn't enjoy the fact of a dead man, has NOTHING to do with racist. What if TM was white.......this poster thinks that he attacked GZ and GZ shot in self defense and thought TM deserved it............where does racist come in the picture?
Racism is only brought up by people who have no ground to stand on and can't defend their ideas. I never once talked about Trayvon in a racism way and if he were white and Zimmerman were black I'd feel exactly the same way about someone being allowed to defend themselves against an attacker.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Maybe when all is said and done and Zimmerman is exonerated by the SYG judge he can turnaround and sue the state of Florida for malicious prosecution. I think he'd have a good case, good enough to extract a substantial settlement.
I sure hope so, he'll need help covering the legal bill he's going to rack up because of legally defending himself against an attacker.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:37 PM

96 posts, read 81,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Just because Zimmerman said Trayvon said that doesn't make it the truth.

Unfortunately, we won't get Trayvon's side of what was said and what wasn't said, will we?
There was no toxicology done on the killer - only the victim.
Yes, it is. Please tell your evil racist friends to stop it.
So how do you tell the racist people on this forum? In your own words, you tell us how to differentiate them.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Racism is only brought up by people who have no ground to stand on and can't defend their ideas. I never once talked about Trayvon in a racism way and if he were white and Zimmerman were black I'd feel exactly the same way about someone being allowed to defend themselves against an attacker.
Don't you understand that if you disagree with a liberal on any issue you are a racist? The fact is liberals cry racism so much the word has lost all meaning.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:39 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
So how do you tell the racist people on this forum? Or better yet, you tell us how to differentiate them.
People that disagree with him. If you drink Coke instead of Pepsi you are a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies