Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 03:20 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Miami-Dade firefighter under investigation for Trayvon Martin Facebook rant

Read more here: Miami-Dade firefighter under investigation for Trayvon Martin Facebook rant - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/15/2750666/miami-dade-firefighter-under-investigation.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)

The Black activists don't like free speech apparently.
You're joking, right? He's a public servant. I suppose if President Obama said the same thing, everyone would be applauding him?

We depend on firefighters and police officers to protect the public. If one of them has racist attitudes which might affect his job, it's very important to be aware of them for the safety of every citizen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A prime example of why it is better to post on forums like these in anonymity.
True, but only if that person is speaking as a private citizen. There are people on CD who claim to be in law enforcement and other public positions of authority. They should always separate their personal viewpoints with their civic duties. However, I'm not so sure that's possible and, in the case of Capt. Brian Beckmann, I am shocked that any Black person, rich or poor, would support his hateful rant.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:25 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,849,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You're joking, right? He's a public servant. I suppose if President Obama said the same thing, everyone would be applauding him?

We depend on firefighters and police officers to protect the public. If one of them has racist attitudes which might affect his job, it's very important to be aware of them for the safety of every citizen.
What was racist about his rant?

Old 04-15-2012, 03:26 PM

21 posts, read 14,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The basic on this is after George called 911 and ASKED for police to come he said TM had run off.

We both know GZ didn't think Oh Goody, I called the police, so it's time to kill someone.

Somewhere after the 911 call from GZ we have TM beating his head in and breaking his nose ( according to witnesses) while having GZ pinned beneath him.
GZ feared for his life (reasonably so) and being he could not retreat while on his back felt he had to shoot.

I don't see the lack of self defense here.
If it were GZ on TM there would be a reason to press charges, but as of now this appears to be politically motivated.

Even the Judge wants out, she's young and which ever way she rules she is going to ruin a promising career.
Exactly who the heck calls the police, gives his location and then goes out and hunts down the suspect/person being discussed and blows him away.....it makes no sense unless something brutal and life threatening happened to GM in those intervening minutes...those minutes that Trayvon could have used to go "home" to his father's girlfriend's empty condo....this is nothing more than a politically motivated lynching of GZ.....

Old 04-15-2012, 03:26 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay1 View Post
I've been reading for about an hr. now, this sickofnyc is the rude one. I'm glad to see that someone gave it back to him or her.
No, I am not rude...I just don't give respect to trolls. I give them a piece of my mind and then place them on ignore.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:30 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Evidence, please? Link to pictures and medical reports?

Thanks.
GZ's lawyer and father said so.
Would be a BIG mistake to bring that up if it weren't the case.

You also see the head injuries to the back of the head in the modified videos and Paramedics did clean GZ up.

You have GZ on his back defending when the gun was used.

Hey, if you want to make believe TM was riding three wheeled bike, was the 12 year old in the photos and that he could not have possibly been involved because he was this angel, then do so.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:31 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,379,893 times
Marine in trouble for tweet about Trayvon Martin shooting - latimes.com)

Old 04-15-2012, 03:33 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,379,893 times
Quote:

True, but only if that person is speaking as a private citizen. There are people on CD who claim to be in law enforcement and other public positions of authority. They should always separate their personal viewpoints with their civic duties. However, I'm not so sure that's possible and, in the case of Capt. Brian Beckmann, I am shocked that any Black person, rich or poor, would support his hateful rant.
President Obama and AG Holder have further divided the country on race. How is his opinion racist? He was speaking about a certain segment of Blacks "urban youth". Even if he is racist does that affect his duties?

Scary country we are living in when only one form of thought is allowed in the public sphere.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I did notice the condescendion from the dispatcher as well. I think the dispatcher realized quickly based on GZ's manner of speech, they were talking to someone with no doubt a below average IQ, who was clueless as to what a true NW should do. Based on hearing GZ's brother and friends interviewed, it seems if one puts them all together, they get the average IQ of one person.
I appreciate the positive response, but I never said Zimmerman or members of his family were idiots or had low IQs. I never thought this for a minute. Even intelligent people say & do stupid things.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:34 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times
Quote:
Or could it be that he's only 13 and heard another Black teenager getting shot to death right outside his home? No, I guess you don't think that would frighten and overwhelm a 13 year old boy and give him nightmares.
Actually justNancy, the thirteen also said he saw the fight at first and the guy in the red jacket on the bottom.
Was the 13 year old black? Well maybe the mob got to the kid. Sharpton, Jackson and maybe his own parent tainted the testimony to keep their kid out of it.
With the 13 year olds luck and his original testimony, the New Black Panthers could have put a dead or alive wanted poster on the kid as well. Parents might have helped the kid muddy up what he saw for good reasons then.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:37 PM

52 posts, read 44,601 times
Ever wonder when the officer on the phone told GZ "we don't need you to do that" why GZ continued? Former governor Jeb Bush got it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.