Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 10:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
I was wondering when they would get fed up with the agenda driven groups using their deceased child to further their causes. From day one the only thing the parents wanted was answers...Those groups do not care about their son, just about their causes. So sad for the parents...
Really? So you don't follow the actual news, go to rallies, listen to the real, live people who are being talked about here either?

Just the other night, Bill O'Reilly said something negative to Trayvon's mother about Al Sharpton, and she said "he promotes peace." I heard her with my own 2 ears. Here's just a little of what Sharpton said when he asked people not to rush to judgment and that he will not support or condone any act of violence.

“This is not anti-anybody. There are whites, Latinos, who have marched with us. This is not a hate campaign. This is a love campaign. We are not even anti-Zimmerman. We are after justice. We are for Trayvon. This is a love campaign, to pursue justice for an unarmed man who died.”

Old 04-15-2012, 10:57 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Who said he came back, You?
He had to come back. GZ already told 911 he ran off, then said he would meet the police he called to the scene and went back.
Somewhere they hooked up again, how else could it have happened unless TM came back.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:00 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What pipe? Okay, the teenager was not the model student. But a stranger stopped his heart by not staying put and just calling 911. TM might just be the sacrificial lamb that will prevent Zimmerman from hurting others in the future. Even if he walks, this incident will neuter him as far as being given any authority or ever taken sreiously as a responsible upstanding citizen. Where are Zimmerman's school records to prove justy how ideal a student he was? From his work and personal history, he sounds like a misfit.
The pipe with some drug residue was found and the reason they found the other jewelry and burglary tool.

If Zimmerman was on top and shot TM this all would be a different story than we have.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:06 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Really? So you don't follow the actual news, go to rallies, listen to the real, live people who are being talked about here either?
*ouch* Bit heavy handed don't you think?? You got all that from a question I asked a poster?

Quote:
Just the other night, Bill O'Reilly said something negative to Trayvon's mother about Al Sharpton, and she said "he promotes peace." I heard her with my own 2 ears. Here's just a little of what Sharpton said when he asked people not to rush to judgment and that he will not support or condone any act of violence.
You watch Bill O'Reilly *yuck*

Quote:
“This is not anti-anybody. There are whites, Latinos, who have marched with us. This is not a hate campaign. This is a love campaign. We are not even anti-Zimmerman. We are after justice. We are for Trayvon. This is a love campaign, to pursue justice for an unarmed man who died.”
Yes, I've heard this speech...

Old 04-15-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There is no voice sample of TM.
One or two witnesses that said it was GZ they were hearing.
Maybe voice samples over the cell phone from a distance aren't reliable.
We don't know that for sure. Maybe he had a recording on his cell phone or left a message for his girlfriend that she hasn't erased.

I have an audio that is very, very clear from one of the cell phone calls. It's really disturbing. I have no idea who is screaming, however. Wish I knew how to paste it here. The screams are chilling.

Since the calls have been removed from the Sanford Police site, I don't trust any youtube videos/audios. I've noticed some editing.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Maybe you can answer my question...

Quote:
I was wondering when they would get fed up with the agenda driven groups using their deceased child to further their causes. From day one the only thing the parents wanted was answers...Those groups do not care about their son, just about their causes. So sad for the parents...

BTW: What news affiliate is carrying this story...I've known about the denouncement of the New Black Panthers (reprehensible group), but I haven't seen or heard the parents say anything about Al Sharpton...do you have a link?

Old 04-15-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Maybe you can answer my question...
Tiluha, no offense, but I'd have to go back nearly a month to post all the links to show where the Martin family met with Al Sharpton and/or requested his help. Do you think he just picked this one shooting out of the news and decided to hold a rally?

I'm not saying that some people, especially the politicians, don't have an agenda, but you really need to go back to the other 4 threads, since there are thousands of posts about this. I believe the first rally in Sanford was in March. Look for videos on the rallies held where the Martin family stood with him in front of the crowds. In every speech, he always told people to be peaceful and that we should not rush to judgment, but he wanted justice served. I have always said (for years on this forum) that I'm not a big fan of Al Sharpton, so it's strange that I am defending him in a thread like this. It's just that a poster claimed that the Martins never wanted his help and then another poster said he was promoting violence. Those are both lies.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Tiluha, no offense, but I'd have to go back nearly a month to post all the links to show where the Martin family met with Al Sharpton and/or requested his help. Do you think he just picked this one shooting out of the news and decided to hold a rally?

I'm not saying that some people don't have an agenda, but you really need to go back to the first threads, since there are thousands of posts about this. I believe the first rally in Sanford was in March. Look for videos on the rallies held where the Martin family stood with him in front of the crowds.
I think you misunderstood...

I know Al Sharpton (BTW we went to the same high school in B'klyn...just thought I throw that in ) has been with and has supported Trayvon's parents, my question is did the parents make a plea for Al Sharpton to stop using their situation to further his agendas...

BTW, I think Al Sharpton & Gloria Allred are two peas in a pod...just thought I throw that in too...

Old 04-15-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
You watch Bill O'Reilly *yuck*

Yes, I've heard this speech...
Maybe the 2 of us are having a misunderstanding. It happens. Anyway, yes, I occasionally watch Fox. After all, I want to be "fair & balanced."

In this case, I only saw the video of him interviewing Trayvon Martin's mother and the family attorney who was by her side.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
I have always said (for years on this forum) that I'm not a big fan of Al Sharpton, so it's strange that I am defending him in a thread like this. .
Me either, I can't stand the guy even though we went to the same High School...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies