Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 10:53 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
who was the one doing the beating and who was the one with injuries? history lesson fail. the dead guy was a bad person.
Who attacked who first? We don't know!

Old 04-16-2012, 10:53 AM

381 posts, read 506,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Since your crystal ball is so accurate, why don't you give me the winning mega million numbers for tomorrow? First you thought he wouldn't get arrested, now you think the only reason he got arrested was because of the masses and that the prosecution basically has no case. Every CCW is not an angel, no more than every person who is killed by a CCW is. Do you feel the same way about the guy was shot in Arizona with the dog leash?
crystal balls are for those that don't know how to interpret the facts. i said the law protected him from being arrested. apparently, the law didn't. it's not the first time this happened. even criminals ccw. i never said everyone that ccw's is a law abiding citizen. you only assumed i believed every ccw is a law abiding citizen. home invaders with firearms are also ccw's. since i haven't read the police report or witness testimonies, i have no comment on the dog leash incident.

Quote:
It really is low, tacky and disgusting to call a dead teenage boy that has never been convicted of a crime names. I am sure that the image you are attempting to project here is not the truth. No human is perfect and any human willing to rush to judgment about a person they know very little about and call a deceased 17 year old boy a thug, lol about his death and act like this is some sort of victory for CCW is definitely lacking in morals, compassion and understanding. The fact that you are attacking TM in the manner that you are says quite a bit about your character or lack of.
the boy is a thug. why do you think differently? read the police and witness reports. if you read that a teen rapist was shot and killed during the act of raping a 12 year old girl, would you feel sorry for that dead teen? a thug is a thug. they have no pity on you, therefore why give them any? i don't know the person that stabbed and killed my uncle during a home invasion, but i do know that he is a thug and will do it again. i hope his next victim has a ccw.

Quote:
The scary thing is that people like yourself will think you can get away with these things if Zimmerman does. I think that Trayvon may have attacked Zimmerman and if he did, it was probably because he was in fear of his life. Those of you who are trying to make it seem like he hid behind a building and maliciously attacked Zimmerman are ridiculous - but hey that is Zimmerman's and your story so you're sticking to it.
those in fear would run home after losing the pursuer the first time. home is but 70 yards away. didn't you listen to the 911 recording and look at the map? you should change your name to whocaresaboutfacts.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:56 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
what their assumptions were...

Trayvon's "past" is 100% irrelevant and to keep bringing it up or digging around to find the proverbial "smoking gun" is a waste of time and hateful...

Zimmerman's past bad acts may be relevant because he is the last man standing and his actions led to the shooting...However, I seriously doubt it would or could be used in a court of law...
Please, since the plea is going to be self defense Trayvon's past is highly relevant and certainly admissable in court.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
His daddy said it was NOT NOT NOT (get it?) Trayvon screaming. His mommie said it was.
Exactly! The experts said it was not Zimmerman.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
proof?
his parents will post his grades if he was an honors student. this is good tactics to gain more public support.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Exactly! The experts said it was not Zimmerman.
paid expert vs eyewitness to the man in red underneath screaming
i go with the eyewitness (fact is 100%, expert is a percent of high probability)

Old 04-16-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
you either believe a paid expert or an eyewitness who saw the fight on his back yard.

and Trayvon's parents didn't even know their kid smoked pot and had sex with underaged girls... well, they probably knew, just didn't care.
Who said that he was smoking pot and having sex with underage girls? If I remember he was underage himself.

BTW, I smoked pot when I was a teen and my parents never knew. They also never knew when I started having sex either.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:09 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Please, since the plea is going to be self defense Trayvon's past is highly relevant and certainly admissable in court.
It certainly is NOT!

If zimmerman didn't know who Trayvon was, how could he know anything about his 'past'?

This is the same thinking that used to apply to rape victims...oohh, she wasn't a virgin; she had a lot of boyfriends; she wears short-shorts....etc., so obviously, she wanted to be raped!

Old 04-16-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Not so because then Zimmerman's past can also be brought up and I wouldn't think his attorneys would want that.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:12 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,114 times
Quote:
The question is "during" the physical confrontation was GZ in fear for his life, PERIOD.END.OF.STORY. not what Trayvon did or didn't do earlier that day or the months leading up to that moment...

Not admissible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies