Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 02:24 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Joe Horn....A true American hero.
No surprise that you would think that way.

That was such an incredible miscarriage of justice. You can hear in that a-hole's voice how eager he is to shoot someone when he asks the dispatcher, "do you want me to stop 'em?"

Appalling that he got away with that.

I'll tell you, if my psychotic neighbor saw someone breaking into my house when I'm not even home (not that anyone would - I have 13 dogs ), I wouldn't WANT him to kill anybody over.....stuff.

A while back, there was a local story along these lines. A guy down the highway from me was remodeling a house. Apparently, he lived in a nearby rental while he was doing this and didn't seem to be any hurry because from the time that I had moved here in '05 until this incident a year and a half ago or so, he didn't seem to be making any progress. Anyway, he went to the house one day to work on it and he saw what looked to him like some things had been moved around in the garage. He reported it and a deputy sheriff came and took the report.

Anyway, the guy went to a local church for a weekly card game and told a few people there that he was going to go back to the house and wait and see if the intruders returned and that he would shoot them if they did.

He went to the back of the house, to a bedroom, and waited.

He did, eventually, hear noises and went to the garage and saw someone shining a flashlight in through the window. So, he opened the door and started firing.

It turns out, it was a a man and his wife. They took off running and the husband was shot in the back, several times, as he ran; the woman got away. The husband died in the driveway.

The cops came and they weren't going to charge the guy. The prosecutor, however, decided otherwise and charged him. At the trial, the guy testified that he "feared for his life."

How can you fear for your life when the so-called threat is running away from you? And why is killing someone worth losing a few tools over?

The guy is now in state prison doing just under six years; someone got the house (I suspect his attorney) and has gone in and finished remodeling it and it now has a "for rent" sign out front.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:25 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
just because someone CCW's doesn't mean he's legal. home invaders and criminals also CCW's. it's what is reported by police and witnesses that convinced the pro-gun community of zimmerman's innocence. if witnesses say that zimmerman gunned down a teen for no reason, then we pro-gunners will be lobbying for 17 year olds to carry concealed.

since evidence supports zimmerman's story, we see martin as the bad guy.
Really, you need to stop repeating that. It sounds, for lack of a better word, schmucky. You don't know what all the evidence is. No, you do not.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:27 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Really, you need to stop repeating that. It sounds, for lack of a better word, schmucky. You don't know what all the evidence is. No, you do not.
hahaha...Haven't heard that word in a long time...

Old 04-16-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
They are using the old "if we repeat it often enough, it becomes truth" tactic that works so well on them when utilzed by right wing media.
Yup. Throw it against the wall and see if it sticks.

It's pretty telling that no one has provided proof of Trayvon's so-called "violent" nature.

You know, like a police report or something.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:29 PM

381 posts, read 506,821 times
Quote:
Why did he call 911...was Martin doing something illegal then?
bingo, we have a winner... martin must have been doing something illegal. so all those statements saying that martin was just walking around minding his own business doing nothing must be false...

i'm glad you finally realized this.

a neighborhood watch volunteer is watching a suspicious character from a distance. it is very difficult to watch someone without following them (others call this stalking). zimmerman's motive is to keep the neighborhood safe.

martin runs away and loses zimmerman (911 recorded evidence). motive is because he was being followed by a stranger and became scared.

zimmerman gets out of his vehicle to resume watch of suspicious person. motive, still the same. martin is out of view (911 recorded evidence).

martin does not run home to dad's residence. what is his motive? hmmmm....

zimmerman and martin confront each other (witnesses hearing two men arguing). martin no longer runs (evident of the witnesses). therefore, zimmerman does not have any motive to detain him. therefore the likelihood of zimmerman grabbing martin is very low (there is no motive to grab him).

there is a motive for every action.

someone mentioned that zimmerman may have pulled out a gun. but there is no motive for zimmerman to hold him at gun point. martin is not running. after losing zimmerman, martin had a chance to run away. but martin chose not to. what can martin's motive be? hmmmm... only one motive comes to mind. to beat up the guy that was following him. does evidence support this? you bet it does. martin's motive: from fear, to curiosity, to anger...

i don't need a crystal ball, the evidence speaks for itself.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
hahaha...Haven't heard that word in a long time...
It seemed apropos.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
martin does not run home to dad's residence. what is his motive? hmmmm....

Uh, maybe because he knows he isn't doing anything wrong, so why would he run?

Quote:
i don't need a crystal ball, the evidence speaks for itself
You have no evidence - all you have is speculation and your own obvious biases.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:37 PM

381 posts, read 506,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Uh, maybe because he knows he isn't doing anything wrong, so why would he run?
he already ran and came back...
Quote:
You have no evidence - all you have is speculation and your own obvious biases.
i posted the evidence... go re-read

Old 04-16-2012, 02:40 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,638 times
"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"

cool hand luke - YouTube

Old 04-16-2012, 02:45 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
I really really wish you would stop acting like this guy's problems are all normal and everyday kid stuff.........THEY ARE NOT! I feel very sorry for what he put his parents through. I'm sure it was no picnic. His poor Mom couldn't control him that is why he was in Sanford wasn't it?
I didn't say his actions are "everyday kid stuff." I certainly hope not. But some teenagers do get into trouble and act out, and they often clean up their acts and go to college. Trayvon has a brother who is in college now. His mother has a really good job. They all go to church together. Why was he in Sanford? Is that our business? So many people are questioning the parenting skills of a family who is grieving. Heck, if it's true that he stole and was caught spraying graffiti, I'm the first to shout "lock him up in a jail cell for a few days." I think the "scared straight" approach is often very effective. If someone broke into my home and stole my laptop, I'd want him punished. But nothing indicates he was planning to rob someone. I haven't seen any sign of a police arrest in his past, none. There is no juvenile record for Trayvon Martin. Is sounds as if these problems just started, and we don't know why. Maybe he started hanging with the wrong crowd. In any case, he has no history of violence.

I always admit that I don't know what happened. Nobody does except for George Zimmerman. Trayvon had been in trouble and he was probably scared, because he wasn't on his turf and just taking a walk when he saw a stranger following him. Maybe his parents gave him one of those "one more time and you're done" speeches too. I agree with his mother that it was an accident, that is, that the 2 men never should have met that evening. Zimmerman was eager to play hero and catch one of the "a-holes" who always get away and the victim was a mixed up teenager who probably had attitude. However, Trayvon Martin was not one of those a-holes, at least not on the evening of Feb 26. He was doing nothing criminal, just walking. Had Zimmerman been wearing a uniform and was in a position of authority, we wouldn't be having this discussion. After he called the police, he should have driven to one of the entrances and waited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies