Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 12:39 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I just saw Zimmerman in court. He's looking pretty scared.
and small...

Old 04-12-2012, 12:39 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I agree with you on not following up with the phone. What I can't wrap my mind around is that apparently the family didn't report him missing!
His father reported him missing the next day. Trayvon was listed in the morgue as a "John Doe".

Old 04-12-2012, 12:40 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Read SYG it applies even if you are the aggressor. There are SYG cases in Florida where someone has started a fight, the person responds and the aggressor shoots and kills the individual. The agressor has walked. The Tampa Bay Times has a pretty good historical run down of some SYG cases.

'Stand your ground' law protects those who go far beyond that point - Tampa Bay Times

So even if you believe Zimerman instigated the run in. Once Trayvon attacked him he could use self-defense. The key is if Trayvon attacked him.
Why do you keep skating the issue: Trayvon had grounds to defend himself under SYG rules too.
Quote:

Florida Statutes CHAPTER 776 JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE
776.012 Use of force in defense of person.

A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
Are you saying that a strange, large man, tracking you down through a strange neighborhood isn't grounds to be scared of imminent use of unlawful force? How?

Old 04-12-2012, 12:40 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Why do you keep skating the issue: Trayvon had grounds to defend himself under SYG rules too.

Are you saying that a strange, large man, tracking you down through a strange neighborhood isn't grounds to be scared of imminent use of unlawful force? How?

Trayvon was bigger than Zimmerman......

Old 04-12-2012, 12:41 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

Taller than not bigger than.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:42 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
All that will matter within months is whether Zimmerman is smaller than his cellmate.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:43 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
IMO...she just pulled the wrong word out of the hat. If you put it in context, it sounds as if she meant that if Zimmerman had more time to think about what he was doing, he would have handled it differently (not leaving his vehicle?) and that things got out of control and ended in a way that probably even freaked Zimmerman out. She is being much kinder that Zimmerman's parents appear to be on the issue. I know that theZimmerman's new attorney extended his condolences for Trayvon's death, but have the Zimmermans? Maybe I just have not heard about it.
I haven't heard anything but accusations from the Zimmerman side, either.

I agree that Trayvon's parents are showing much more grace and compassion towards Zimmerman than Zimmerman's parents have shown to them.

The same with Zimmerman's attorney - he seems to be a very kind and sensitive man. To be honest, though, I'm not sure how that will play out to Zimmerman's advantage - he may be better off with a more aggressive defense. Time will tell, of course; this attorney may turn out to be a pitbull in the courtroom.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
and small...
Not difficult to imagine that he has lost weight these past weeks. Would you have much of an appetite? There has to be some sense of relief, even for Zimmerman, that the air has a chance to clear now. The truth shall set him free...at least in his soul.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:45 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I haven't heard anything but accusations from the Zimmerman side, either.

I agree that Trayvon's parents are showing much more grace and compassion towards Zimmerman than Zimmerman's parents have shown to them.

The same with Zimmerman's attorney - he seems to be a very kind and sensitive man. To be honest, though, I'm not sure how that will play out to Zimmerman's advantage - he may be better off with a more aggressive defense. Time will tell, of course; this attorney may turn out to be a pitbull in the courtroom.
No telling if GZ loses this lawyer, too. After all, he lost his first team, and mistake Hannity for his lawyer.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:45 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Is it me or does the cop next to Zimmerman look like his brother?

Last edited by fitzy24; 04-12-2012 at 01:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies