Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 09:01 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
He stalked the kid. I have been in strange neighborhoods and was never asked what I am doing there. Have you?
I've not been stopped by anyone in their neighborhood, but I'm usually the guy who says hello to the strangers I pass as I walk or drive in strange neighborhoods.
I have asked strangers what they are doing in my neighborhood. And none of them has reacted as though I were a stalker.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm sure cash from the HOA will bring Trayvon back.
You really have no clue.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:04 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times
Quote:
They probably just gave him some of Trayvon's skittles... no need for them to go to waste.
That's just f'd up. Even if Trayvon was at fault because he made a bad decision, his parents still lost a child. I don't ever want to know that pain. I made bad decisions as a teenager, as I'm sure my children will as well. I pray it never cost them their lives.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Quote:
My point is that this circus is as much about getting paid as it is about getting "justice"... and getting justice is bull**** as well because if the justice system finds Zimmerman innocent all hell is going to break loose. These people don't want justice, they want revenge even though Zimmerman was likely justified in shooting his attacker.

To a degree justice is always revenge. Ask the folks in Ct who applauded the death sentences in the Petit murders their feelings, their glee at the sentence, and it was not about stopping crime, as life in prison would do that. It was about revenge, and that is true in all crimes, at all levels, by all types of people. We pretend it is not in order to not expose our barbaric nature (and yes, I think the Petit murders warrnted the dp), but pretending it isn't largely revenge does not change the fact it largely is.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 PM

381 posts, read 506,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I find it quite interesting that you have said in several messages that Trayvon's parents are not decent people because they are divorced, and yet you also gladly served as a witness for a person who broke the law speed racing on his motorcycle, crashed said motorcycle, decided he/she could profit from the State, sued the State and somehow succeeded either through settlement or perhaps even with your testimony. You of all people are not in a position to be deciding who is decent and who isn't.
it's called experience. when you're young, you hang out with a variety of people to find your place in the world. i've experience both the conformitive side and the dark side of society. when it was time for me to have my own kids, i chose to conform. yes, i'm reaching 50 soon. sux 2 B old. btw, you should re-read my post, i was a witness, not a participant. my own speeding tickets are the normal highway speed traps while driving my family during vacations.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I've not been stopped by anyone in their neighborhood, but I'm usually the guy who says hello to the strangers I pass as I walk or drive in strange neighborhoods.
I have asked strangers what they are doing in my neighborhood. And none of them has reacted as though I were a stalker.
Were you following them with your car and then on foot? I know I would be afraid if someone did that.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:09 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,875 times
Yep. Another fine example of your decency.

Quote:
I'm sure cash from the HOA will bring Trayvon back.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:09 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
I know it's harsh but given the fact that the mother has gone through the process of trademarking the name and saying "I am Trayvon" I can't help but think that she's partially in this for the money and sees this as opportunity to get a large check.
I guess you know little about trademarking and its purpose. Also, many parents who lost a child, i.e., John Walsh, Mark Klaas, have started foundations to help others. Mark Lunsford received a wealth of donations when he traveled around the country telling the heartbreaking story of his daughter's death. I hope you and the others who are writing such disgusting things about Trayvon Martin and his family are only trying to get a rise out of people, but I think your comments are very distasteful.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
You might as well have said it, it's what you mean.
You need to put down the crystal ball! It's just a toy you know.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:14 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Only if ya look at the "enhanced" video that ABC later released and
not the grainy one that everyone here wants to refer to, which was of
such poor quality that ya can't make out anything, let alone blood stains.
Wrong. I saw the shaved part of his head and saw the way the cop was gawking at it with the release of the first poor quality tape. It's obvious as the nose on your face. The race baiters didn't want to see it, though, and still don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies