Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 04:55 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Second degree sounds right to me. Zimmerman in custody, too. Nice.
What's so nice about it? You don't even know what really happened. He and Martin only know.

The only info that you have is what the media GAVE YOU.

Most of you convicted the guy once you saw he wasn't black. He never had a chance.

Disclaimer: I am black

Old 04-11-2012, 04:56 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
That's exactly what they are saying. First they said he wouldn't be charged, now they're saying that he won't be convicted, I guess next comes "he won't get anything more than probation." Just shaking my head at these people. According to Angela corey, she does not prosecute because of the media and did not make this decision lightly. I suppose interviewing witnesses and evidence was all for show. People think they know everything when in fact, we know nothing about the forensic evidence, autopsy, GZ's medical records, ballastic report etc. The Zimmerman supporters are still thinking they can determine the outcome of this case based on his testimony alone.
They dont care about GZ. They wanted a message sent to *they*. They are still hoping for that message so thats why they will keep wishing for injustice in this case.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:56 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The only injustice I can think of is that a man was charged with murder (when he is really only guilty of manslaughter) just to prevent people from going ape****.
Surely you must be talking about a different case.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I honestly don't think Zimmerman will take a plea deal. I think he's confident in his SYG/self-defense stance.

I also hope he isn't offered a plea deal.
Confidence has a way of disappearing when you are facing even the slight chance of spending life in prison.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:57 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,663,793 times
Quote:
If GZ turns out to be a liar (and I think he will) and a cold blooded murder, they will still defend him.

No........ if more evidence comes out that he is a murderer, then throw the book at him

But, will you change your tune if he is found not guilty?

Old 04-11-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
What's so nice about it? You don't even know what really happened. He and Martin only know.

Most of you convicted the guy once you saw he wasn't black. He never had a chance.

On the internet you can claim what ever race you want. We know people on here who do it to then blast the race they are claiming to be.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
If GZ turns out to be a liar (and I think he will) and a cold blooded murder, they will still defend him.
Of course, he is a white gun owner. He could have emptied a full magazine into the kid while shouting the n word and he would still have legions of defenders.

In fact to some people of the more deranged white power variety, he would get more support if they knew that he killed a black child in cold blood and was only using the self defense angle as a cover story.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:01 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

If Zimmerman were black, I would feel the same way, you are incorrect. If your unarmed son, who has no history of violence was killed on his way back from the store, would you brush it off and simply accept the police explanation because the guy who killed him (and has every reason to lie) said it was in self-defense, after he left his vehicle with a loaded gun in his holster to follow your son?

Old 04-11-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Of course, he is a white gun owner. He could have emptied a full magazine into the kid while shouting the n word and he would still have legions of defenders.

In fact to some people of the more deranged variety, he would get more support if they knew that he killed a black child in cold blood.
And it would have been a high percentage.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:02 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I honestly don't think Zimmerman will take a plea deal. I think he's confident in his SYG/self-defense stance.

I also hope he isn't offered a plea deal.
I think it was Martin who was threatened and who was murdered while standing his ground in self-defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies