Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 06:26 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Rather peculiar isn't it? I've had a broken nose and it is severely painfull to the extent where a Vicodin was not helping much. And about the alleged slamming of the head against the ground.....no concern about possible concussion or neck injury? No pain meds, no x-ray or MRI, no concern about getting gauze and plastic tubes inserted into the nostrils to reset the nose and keep it straight?
Shows he was really afraid for his life doesn't it?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:28 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
My brother brought up a very interesting point about this case thats never been discussed. With all the media coverage of the shooting, why did they never release the security tapes from the convenience store showing Trayvon entering the store? It would have shown clearly how he was dressed and probably his demeanor. Both the prosecutors and the defense would have been all over this piece of evidence.
The tape has to be there. Lets get it released.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:38 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
here is a question i have and maybe someone could answer it.

if trayvon had a cell phone and was talking to his girlfriend on it, why didn't he just call the police and report that zimmerman was following him? wouldn't that be the normal thing to do if someone is following you and you are on a phone?

or did he?
No, I wouldn't have called the police either. You tend to think that you are just paranoid and don't want to embarrass yourself by overreacting. And we don't even know that he called his girfriend to inform her of this do we? Were they already talking on the phone?

I've been in excruciating pain where I maybe should have called 911 but instead called a friend and had them drop me off at the emergency room. Not everybody is quick to call the authorities.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
Now, THERE is one of the pics that I saw, only once. There are 3 more similar to that..............he is not a 12 yr. innocent kid. Get real. Media needs to stop showing that lil kid, he's 6 ft. 3" tall. Nothing more, nothing less....
That's not even a picture of the Trayvon Martin who was killed. But I'm sure that's how you would see him regardless.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
My brother brought up a very interesting point about this case thats never been discussed. With all the media coverage of the shooting, why did they never release the security tapes from the convenience store showing Trayvon entering the store? It would have shown clearly how he was dressed and probably his demeanor. Both the prosecutors and the defense would have been all over this piece of evidence.
The tape has to be there. Lets get it released.
The tape does not have to be there. You do know they record over them, they don't archive them. I can't imagine they keep them for more than a couple of days.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:59 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Thank you for the link. It echos what I said at the beginning *and got deleted for being off-topic* about how it seemed she was campaigning or giving an Academy Award speech.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:02 AM

162 posts, read 177,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
I didn't mean to imply that YOU shopped it- just that it looks like somebody did- or it is perhaps an artifact from stopping the tape movement. It doesn't look like a broken nose, or somebody that was badly beaten, by any stretch.

A freshly broken nose looks something like this and probably looks even worse in the following several days as far as swelling and bruising:
That's an extreme example of a broken nose, most times they are not compound fractures and you'd barely be able to tell it was broken just at a glance.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:05 AM

162 posts, read 177,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Where did you hear that? From a game of "telephone"? Seriously, you can listen to the tape of the police call Zimmerman made, read the transcript probably in several languages. The dispatcher asked GZ if he was following Trayvon. Z replied "yes" and he was told "we don't need for you to do that" (paraphrasing). Z responded with "OK". We don't know exactly what he did after that. We do know that less than three minutes later Trayvon was dead.

As far as the eyewitnesses, there has been plenty of research that says that eyewitnesses are often notoriously wrong. Some of them implicating Trayvon have not even been willing to give their names. The Sanford police say they have no witnesses who saw the beginnng of the fight.
Can you blame them for not giving their names? Who needs racists like Spike Lee tweeting your address so the animals can come to your door to intimidate or worse assault your family?

Old 04-13-2012, 07:15 AM

96 posts, read 81,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
That's not even a picture of the Trayvon Martin who was killed. But I'm sure that's how you would see him regardless.
Right! Neither is a true picture of what you are looking at of an innocent 12 yrs. old.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:19 AM

96 posts, read 81,669 times
OK, I copied the article, the link wasn't working for me.
Trayvon Martin case
Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin
By Frances Robles The Miami Herald

SANFORD -- As thousands of people gathered here to demand an arrest in the Trayvon Martin case, a more complicated portrait began to emerge of a teenager whose problems at school ranged from getting spotted defacing lockers to getting caught with a marijuana baggie and women’s jewelry.
The Miami Gardens teen who has become a national symbol of racial injustice was suspended three times, and had a spotty school record that his family’s attorneys say is irrelevant to the facts that led up to his being gunned down on Feb. 26.
In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious.” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” — an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.

Instead the officer reported he found women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,” according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Word of the incident came as the family’s lawyer acknowledged that the boy was suspended in February for getting caught with an empty bag with traces of marijuana, which he called “irrelevant” and an attempt to demonize a victim.
Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds.

Trayvon was asked if the jewelry belonged to his family or a girlfriend.
“Martin replied it’s not mine. A friend gave it to me,” he responded, according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.
Trayvon was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to the report. School police impounded the jewelry and sent photos of the items to detectives at Miami-Dade police for further investigation.
A lawyer for the dead teen’s family acknowledged Trayvon had been suspended for graffiti, but said the family knew nothing about the jewelry and the screwdriver.
“It’s completely irrelevant to what happened Feb. 26,” said attorney Benjamin Crump. “They never heard this, and don’t believe it’s true. If it were true, why wouldn’t they call the parents? Why wasn’t he arrested?”
Trayvon, who was a junior at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School, had never been arrested, police and the family have said.
“We think everybody is trying to demonize him,” Crump said.
No evidence ever surfaced that the jewelry was stolen.
“Martin was suspended, warned and dismissed for the graffiti,” according to the report prepared by schools police.
That suspension was followed four months later by another one in February, in which Trayvon was caught with an empty plastic bag with traces of marijuana in it. A schools police report obtained by The Miami Herald specifies two items: a bag with marijuana residue and a “marijuana pipe.”
The punishment was the third for the teen. On Monday, the family also said Trayvon had earlier been suspended for tardiness and truancy.
Trayvon was shot to death Feb. 26 while serving out his suspension in Sanford, where his father’s girlfriend lives. A neighborhood watch volunteer called the police to say he saw someone in a hoodie who looked high on drugs, and was suspicious because he walked too slowly in the rain. The unarmed teenager carried Skittles and iced tea, and was talking to his girlfriend on the phone, records show.
Full Story1 | 2 |

Read more here: Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies